Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks for the below. I tried to negotiate and dealer is not ready to come under $489. There is a big difference with what you have mentioned.
    Any dealers you suggest I should check with?
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,642
    Total Cap Reduction: $1,149.19 (I didn't understand whats this. Can someone tell me whats this?)

To be honest here if you do not understand leases DO NOT LEASE.... There are many articles on Edmunds in regards to leasing, what it is, and the lingo that goes with it.
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,262
    edited March 2013
    As flightnurse said, before going into any lease deal, start here....

http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/quick-guide-to-leasing-a-new-car.html

In brief, cap cost reduction is a down payment on a lease.

And, to compare apples to apples, insidecarbuy is quoting over $1,000 more out of pocket than your dealer to get a lower monthly, too.

Not saying his deal is good or bad, nor if your dealer's is good or bad. Leases can get crazy. It's important to compare everything, from Cap Cost, to residuals, to money factor, to mileage restrictions, etc, etc.

Good luck!
  • au1994au1994 Posts: 784
    yes, I believe so. My lease on my 2011 328 coupe is up in Sept and I had a message from the dealer the other night wanting to 'talk about my options'.

I haven't returned the call yet. Does anyone have a concrete date when the 4 series will hit the lots? I am not inclined to get another coupe that looks just like the one I have. Not sure if I want to pony up the extra $ to stay with the lovely I-6 and move to a 335. I'll take a look at the sedan but if I am going the turbo 4 route I will definitely cross shop the A4. A5 is out as the roof only pops up not slide back and silly as it may sound thats a big deal to me.

I'd consider a 'vert 3 or A5. Significantly more $ I know and to be honest I like the look of the A5 'vert better than the current 3 but thats probably just my eyes looking for something different in the garage. I've never been one to buy the same make back to back much less the same model so this will be interesting!!

2013 335i Sport Line Alpine White over Coral Red w/Black Trim

2005 330cic ZHP Monaco Blue over Natural Brown w/Black Trim

The BMW 4 series is the successor to the E92 3 Series coupe, which is still on dealer's lots. From the pictures, it looks substantially different than the current 3 Coupe.

That said, the A5 is GORGEOUS, IMHO! Didn't know that about the sunroof, though. I thought it opened all the way. Sounds like the sunroof in the Caddy CTS Coupe, as it only tilts because of the roofline.

You really can't go wrong with either the BMW or the Audi. Drive both and decide.

BTW....if you get the opportunity, drive an Audi S4. I think it's the best car Audi currently produces.
    thanks GG. I think the 4 series is pretty sharp from the pics I have seen. Definitely a totally different vehicle from what I have now, which I have thoroughly enjoyed btw.

Agree on the A5. Styling is obviously subjective but I think that is one of the best looking cars on the road at any $ amount. If only that roof slid back it would be a no brainer!

S4 would be awesome. I would like to try to keep the next vehicle under 45k which I couldn't do with an S4 or a convertible BMW or Audi.

• bmulder1bmulder1 Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum and pretty inexperienced in leasing cars. I am interested in doing a European Delivery on a 328i lease, 36 mos/12k year. Base MSRP is $36,850 - total with options is $44,970. My understanding is that BMW will give 7% discount on the base MSRP, not the options and that destination handling fee is waived. I am willing to put $5k down. Sales tax in NJ is 7%. Does anyone know what my total monthly payments should be? I am getting some quotes that are all over the place..

Thx.
    BMW has some incredible deals right now on the coupe and convertible as they want to move them out before the 4 series arrive. A friend of mine in Atlanta just leased a 2013 335i convertible fully loaded there is 2350 cash back on them right now, and the MF is pretty low with a high residual, so this makes a perfect combo..

I love the A5, however for the price, I think the a 4 cyl isn't right engine..
  • I am not a very experienced in leasing. But thanks to friends on this forum one thing I learnt is we shouldn't do any down payment in lease. Instead security deposit is an option in which your lease per month will come down and will get money back at end of lease.
  • fer1fer1 Posts: 8
    Hello Everybody,

I'm trying to lease a 328i (manual, metallic paint, HK & BMW assist); MSRP 39,820.
    Every dealer in So. Fl. is charging a "Dealer Fee" around $599-699 and the discount I'm getting is around 1200-1500 (rebates are on top of these ones).

They are very firm about Dealer Fees so I'm trying to increase the discount, what would be a reasonable value? (invoice seems to be 3k below MSRP)

And also if a negotiate a good deal, and we order the car (manual gear is a killer here), what happens if when they are ready for delivery conditions are better (residual, money factors or rebates), do they usually honor them?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Fernando
    au.....$45k would net a CTS coupe. I test drove one a year or so, ago. Pretty good car for the money if you like the style.

As FN pointed out, the BMW E92 coupe is still on dealer lots and BMW is cutting some sweet deals on the. IMHO, the E series is better than the new F series.

Good luck...let us know how it goes!
    Fernando.....make your offer "all inclusive".....taxes, fees, everything.

How the dealership divides the dollars shouldn't be a concern to you. If they want to pull some of your out of pocket for the "fees", that's up to them.

In short, make one offer, all in, and ask them to accept or reject it. If they reject it, go to another dealer. If they accept it, you just leased a car.

Might want to look at some of the Edmunds tools....

http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Posts: 117
    4 Series coupe goes into production in July and the convertible November
    Thanks. I may very well give the CTS a drive. I have plenty of time before my current lease expires.

Very interested in the 4 Series but like many others I'll have a doubt about the F series until I drive it.

au.....yeah, do drive the F series. You may have a different view than I do. Let us know how it goes.
  • Hi everyone,

I'm a first time leaser with a time-sensitive question that I think is relevant to a lot of people on this board: Right now, is it worth it to get the 328 coupe or wait for the 4 series?

The 4 series coupe is supposed to come out in a few months, which makes me think about a few issues:
    1) Are there really good deals on the 328 coupe right now if dealerships want to get rid of them before the 4 comes out?
    2) Will I feel stupid for getting the 328 coupe right now if when the 4 comes out it has a great look (perhaps making the 328i look old) and at a great price

I'm a price sensitive leaser, so I am very curious what the pricing dynamics will be like between the 328 coupe and the 4.
    Is it worth waiting for the 4 to come out, or should I go for the 328 coupe right now? What is the best play here?

Thank you all so much for the help.
    I'd say it's a pretty good bet deals on the 4 series (F32) are going to be scarce for several months.

That said, up until a couple of weeks ago, I had an E92 coupe. I liked it, a lot. It was a 335i xDrive. And, it looked the same as the '13 coupes, with the same drivetrain and underpinnings. Just a great car that you can probably score a deal on.....certainly a better deal than a newly released 4 series will net you.

Drive one and see what you think. If you like it, don't worry about what's coming down the pike. There's always something allegedly better and shinier right around the corner. You'll make yourself crazy chasing it.
  • bmwillubmwillu Posts: 2
    Following offered by DC/Fairfax Area dealer.
    Base - 38,850
    Black Leatherette- 550 + RearCamera 400 + Moonroof 1050 + HeatedFront 500 + WoodTrim 500 + ParkDistControl 750 + Navigation 2150 + Destination 895
    Total MSRP 45,645
    Sale Price 42,949.85 [Costco/USAA price: Invoice + $500]
    +TTL 44,861.76

-$1000 Finance rebate
    -$750 Loyalty Rebate

Is this a good price? Please suggest. Any one getting Invoice or below invoice price.

Regd another $1500 USAA rebate:
    I see in prior threads saying anyone can get USAA membership and get this discount after that. Heard that it is applicable to USAA members who affiliated with military. Can anyone clarify on this?
    hi newleaser,

I have a 2011 328i coupe coming off lease in Sept. It is a great car and if it is your first BMW you will be very happy with it. As you will see from other posts here there are some agressive lease deals on 3 series coupes and convertibles out there as dealers want them off the lot before the fall and the 4 series rolls in.

As you have seen from the pics floating around the 4 series looks totally different from the current 3 coupe so you do run the risk of having a 'new' car that immediately looks 'dated'.

I expect the 4 series to be in high demand so don't expect agressive lease rates right out of the gate.

I'm somewhat in the same boat as I'd love a 4 to replace my 3 but am prepared to shop other makes and move to a sedan if necessary.

• vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 772
    You must have some relationship to the military to be a USAA member. If anyone in your immediate family has served in the military, you might be eligible. USAA is doing all it can to expand membership, so they are really bending the rules (it used to be restricted to military officers and their families, but they're constantly widening the pool).

Before you jump through all the hoops to join USAA, make sure that the USAA rebate is available with other discounts you'll be seeking. For instance, Loyalty rebate may not be compatible with USAA rebate (I don't know this to be true but have run into this problem before).
    In short, yes, BMW has money back on the 3 series coupe right, and some good money factor. A friend just leased a fully loaded 335i convertible and got a outstanding deal. BMW wants to move them before the 4 series arrive.
  • 328i convertible, Premium Sound, Premium and Convenience Packages included.

MSRP $55,245

Sale price after incentives $49,342

36 months 12k miles/year
    $2,675 total drive off
    $498+tax= $536/month inc tax

Money factor 0.00130
    Residual Value $35,357.00
    Cap reduction $445
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Posts: 124
    Wait for the 4 series but it may not hits the US showrooms until August or September. While the car may be hot when it comes out, you can still get a deal if you do ED.
    Horrible advice.. The money factor for the 4 series will be high so the savings you get from the European delivery program will washed out. Dealers wont deal on the 4 series, for a while, so people will have to pay MSRP and high money factor...
    That said, up until a couple of weeks ago, I had an E92 coupe.

OK, so what are you driving now, S5 ?
    FN...no...still driving the S4. Sold the F32. Long story that's boring, but the S4 is now in my name.
    Oh my.... I was looking at a 335is convertible yesterday nice car....
    FN....335is 'vert would be sweet. No complaints whatsoever about driving an S4.

That said, I'll own a BMW again.
  • bmwillubmwillu Posts: 2
    I end up purchasing BMW 328xi Luxury Line.
    Black Exterior & Tuffle Interior.
    Luxury Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Navigation
    MSRP 48K - 44486.93 OTD

Following rebates included in OTD
    -$1000 Finance rebate
    -$750 Loyalty Rebate
  • Is it possible to order a new 3-series with the options one wants? What is the wait involved from when the order is placed until delivery? Thanks in advance!