Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,268
    I'm assuming the S stands for Sedan?

Well... let me put it this way... if you turned around and were trading that vehicle in, you MIGHT get $19k for it on a good day. If I'm buying that non-CPO, I'm personally not paying more than $23k for it. So is the CPO worth $3500 to you? That's all that really matters.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• Yeah, it is a 328i xDrive Sedan. With all those packages and options, you still think you would only give it $23 non-CPO? For CPO, I am willing to pay an extra $2000 I guess. So I should stick to $25,000 at most then? I was appraising it on Kelly's BlueBook and it came out $30K CPO so I was comparing the dealer offer to that.
  • konacougkonacoug Kailua-KonaPosts: 194
    yes, use the money for MSD's, it is a great return on your money and will save you $40 a month in payments. Best of all, you get your money back at end of the lease.
  • I've been offered the following deal on a 2013 335i xdrive.

MSRP: 56975
    Sale Price: 49300

What do you guys think?
    Hard to say, what is the invoice, what incentives and rebates did you get? Best way to figure it out, invoice minus the incentives and rebates. You should be well under invoice on a 2013 model. Also, is this a purchase or lease?
  • Not sure about the invoice. I did get the $500 BMW Loyalty discount. It is a purchase.
  • Invoice is 52935 according to bmwconfig.com
    Yeah, $23k is really top of the mark for me. The highest ones at dealer auction are hitting $21k. I personally look to pay $2k-$2500 over auction value. And, given its not white or silver, it does get a slight penalty, to be honest (not by me, as I'd prefer the blue, too, but the value is the value). Good luck with your decision.

BTW, KBB is notoriously garbage.

• Thanks your feedback and time. It certainly helps me better gauge how strongly I should stand at my $25,000 price point vs. giving in to the $26,500 they want.
    you're welcome.

I think it is a pretty solid deal for $3600 under invoice. I think there is a build out credit of $2k, plus your $500 loyalty. All in all pretty darn good, for a 2013 model.
  • Hi All!
    I'm very excited that I found this wonderful forum.
    I am trying to purchase my wife's car, bmw 3 series and would like to get your advice!

Here is the price I got from the dealership.
    2013 320i alpine white
    premium package, heated front seat, and a wood trim
    $34,500

2014 320i sapphire black
    premium package and heated front seat
    $37,000

I don't think I got the decent deal since I found a truecar.com showed me a lower (~$1,000) price!
    Do you think a truecar.com price is good to go with it? I am pretty new to BMW and have no experience with dealerships, so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

p.s. Since my budget is pretty tight, I tried only 320i, the cheapest one in 3 series. My friend told me that 2013 328i would be a better than 2014 320i. What do you think about it?
  • Don't bother with the 2014 320i, not worth the money dealers will be asking right now. Definitely go for a 2013 320i or 328i it should be a great deal especially depending on the dealers inventory. Ive seen some very basic 2013 320i xdrive with an MSRP of 36525 going for 30995 and thats before any further negotiations with a dealer. You can probably get less if you don't need the xdrive and are looking at rwd models. I've also seen a 2013 328i xdrive with an msrp of 44645 going for 33995, again before negotiations. Both of those cars are in Kansas so not sure if they do shipping or if your interested in getting a car out of state. But definitely look at the 2013's while dealers have some left.
  • Wow, I can't believe the price!
    Here is CA (near SF) and I may not be able to get a good price like KS, it seems like I should try to find many different dealerships to get a big saving.

I presume that I can get more ideas about the price as I am re-searching more, do you have a kind of index that can determine whether it is a good or bad deal, such as getting an offer about 3K below of truecar.com?

Many thanks Maxjohn, for the great info!
    Since you are in SF bay area, I would contact Jon at Santa Barbara BMW, he is a founder of another BMW forum and he could hook you up with a great deal. I would also consider contacting Greg at Pacific BMW or Justin at New Century BMW, they are all forum sponsors of the other BMW forum. You can do all this via email.

There are great deals to be had right now on 2013 328i's out there. From what I've read online, the SF bay area is much harder to get a good deal.
  • The title says it all. I am looking for a bare minimum base model 2014 320i (don't think there's any 2013 left on dealers lot). This will represent about $1,000 below invoice. I am in LA, btw. Thanks in advance!
  • Many thanks Konacoug!
    I will definitely try to contact them and see what I can get from them!
  • Hey guys,

I'm looking for a great deal for a 2013 new 328i in either the sport or M sport line. I'm looking for a car with little to no options, in the 40-42K msrp range. I'm located in Fl but don't mind purchasing from anywhere in the SE and flying up to get the car, does anyone have an recommendations for areas or dealers to focus? I'm looking for a deep discount!
  • krao1krao1 Posts: 6
    I am getting a quote of 34000 before TTL for the Metallic Black BMW 320ix with heated seats !! Is that a good price ??
    There is a guy in Atlanta, Adrian, he is an excellent CA. If you look on one of the other Bimmer forums, you can find him.
    What is the invoice price? Pretty hard to tell, without more info....are there rebates and incentives involved?
  • Build the car and find its invoice on bmwconfig.com. From the invoice you can determine the deal. In the bay area check out Weatherford BMW in Berkley, they sometimes have fantastic deals.
  • Awesome thanks, I sent Adrian an email.
  • How far below invoice do you think I can go after all rebates and discounts on a 2013 328i in the 41-45K range?
    It depends on the dealer....I would suggest that 3k under invoice is doable. You need to find a 2013 model on the dealers lot, obtain the invoice price, figure in the applicable rebates, send the dealer's internet dept an email.
  • What is the target price for a leftover 2013 335i convertible? I know there is $1500 build out allowance and I qualify for $500 loyalty. Should I shoot for under invoice say by $500 so dealer gets $1500 profit? As I am leasing I will only do deal if $725 Acquisition fee and buy MF of 0.00125. A dealer offered me 1,000 over invoice, with 925 acquisition fee and the MF marked up. Obviously, a poor deal. Other option is to wait for the 2 series convertible, but will be a soft top. Thoughts??
    I wouldn't pay over invoice for a 2013 model, even before incentives. The problem you are facing, not so many 2013's left. However, the dealer probably has been sitting on this car for a long time. I would stick to your guns...offer back invoice, minus your incentives, base mf. There are incentives available to the dealer right now, not seen by the public according to what I have read....
  • Hi guys,

I know nothing about car buying and I would love to get some help from experienced buyers.

I was offered 2013 BMW 320xi with gray color, moon roof, power front seats, heated seats, walnut wood trim, and navigation system for $36500 (MSRP $41220, Invoice ~$38500).

Is this a good deal? Or should I try to get more deal out of it?

Thank you guys!!
  • The dealer says he has one of the few 2013 335i convert. with a manual trans left in the country. So this car is "rare, and in demand". I emphasized that this is a 2013 leftover. I will wait for a month and if still out there, re-approach him, if not, await the 2 and 4 series convert. (though I hear the latter will only have an auto trans with no manual offered in US). I am hoping that BMW gives us a 6 speed manual option in the 435 convertible, at least offered with the M sport package.
    I think the deal is pretty good for a 2013 model. Is this a purchase or a lease? Basically, they sold it to you at invoice, minus the $2000 incentive, pretty reasonable. Sometimes, there is always more room, from what I hear there are some direct to dealer incentives out there, that the public doesn't know about.

If you are leasing, there is a lot of info out there.