Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• banker2banker2 Posts: 15
    I haven't been able to find a "BMW 3-Series Lease Questions" topic in this forum. Is there one? That's why I had posted a lease question in this topic, as I thought it was the closest match.
  • They missed my price by 1k. Oh well. Probably better. I don't need an M3. In theory it's only a 20-30 dollar a month difference (really I'd just pay the difference) but you have to draw a line somewhere. And if they still have that car next month or at the end of January, they may come crawling back...
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,024
    It's in the BMW 3 Series Forum, I just pulled it up. Check again.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,951

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,202
    If you can wait until June, they should at least split the difference. The 2010's will be on the horizen.
  • what year and how many miles does the m3 have?
    what was your offer?
  • 50 miles, 2008 M3, brand new, I offered 52k.

After driving a 335i (with auto) this weekend, I really can't understand how BMW sells any 335is with automatics. Egad what a boring car.
  • jimbresjimbres Posts: 2,025
    After driving a 335i (with auto) this weekend, I really can't understand how BMW sells any 335is with automatics. Egad what a boring car.

Couldn't agree more. If I ran the world, there would be no such thing as a 3-series BMW with a slushbox. It's a crime against nature.
  • ruking1ruking1 Posts: 14,494
    Perhaps that is the real issue. The majority that actually buy them get "autos" . :surprise:
  • Going to the dealer (Prestige BMW in Ramsey, nj) tomorrow...what would be a good deal?
    328xi automatic, cold weather pkg., ipod, power front seats (jet black, leatherette)
    MSRP 39320
    Invoice 36,190
    Paid price: 37,240 (dealer said it's 500 over the "real" invoice-BMW's) but 1100 over Edmunds *This includeds 825 destination charge
    MF .00175
    residual 60%
    584 per month plus MV fee (268.50)at signing. ALL other fees rolled into
    monthly payment.including security deposit.
    I get a lower price on my lease calculator...2 other dealers (Park and Circle) said same monthly payment and fees~
    Other questions: Anyone know what are all the fees for this car in NJ?
    Is the 825 Dest used for calculating the price or should it be added later? Should i negotiate it down to 625-real cost?
    What are the taxes?
    THANKS in advance for anyone who will help me My lease is up next week!
  • Going to the dealer (Prestige BMW in Ramsey, nj) tomorrow...what would be a good deal?
    328xi automatic, cold weather pkg., ipod, power front seats (jet black, leatherette)
    MSRP 39320
    Invoice 36,190
    Paid price: 37,740 (dealer said it's 500 over the "real" invoice-BMW's-bull!
    MF .00175
    residual 60%
    584 per month plus MV fee (268.50)at signing. ALL other fees rolled into
    monthly payment.including security deposit.
    I get a lower price on my lease calculator...2 other dealers (Park and Circle) said same monthly payment and fees~
    Other questions: Anyone know what are all the fees for this car in NJ?
    Is the 825 Dest used for calculating the price or should it be added later? Should i negotiate it down to 625-real cost?
    What are the taxes?
  • The dealer quoted me 37,720 as a selling price.
  • I would shop around. Talk to another dealer and see if they can beat this price. BMW is doing pretty good becasue of their promotional rate, but still, they want your business. I assumed destination charge would be included in the price anyways regardless of where you end up.

If they stick to the price, talk them into adding accessories for free to the tune of where you want the price to be..
    I think you are confusing destination charges (part of the invoice and MSRP) with the acquisition fee on the lease.

Also, the acquisition fee is $725 now.. (with the dealer option to mark up to $925).

• BMW 328xi 2009
    Premium pkg
    cold weather pkg
    automatic
    ipod

MSRP 42,500
    Selling price" 39,978.29
    Res 60%
    MF .002 (not .00175 because I rolled security deposit into my monthly payments)
    588.19 per month + MV fee at signing 268.50 (all other fees, etc rolled into monthly payments)
    I signed a contract?? (or is it just an order) for the car today (not the final lease). No $ given to the dealer. Getting car in week. Can I cancel if not a good deal? (1 day to cancel? 3 days??)
    Thanks!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,124
    Pay your security deposit upfront & take the lower money factor.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Evrything I read said to roll it into monthly payments.
    But I did the math and the difference with .00175 money factor is $2.14 less, and 600 / 36= 16.66 so that adds to 18.80 more per month and at the end of 36 months...36 x 18.80 = $677! that I don't get back.
    So, why do they say to roll it in?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,910
    To answer your question, a car deal is never a car deal until you take delivery and drive away.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

If they were actually "rolling the deposit" into the payments, then the money factor wouldn't change.. You would just have a higher payment because of capitalizing that amount.

If they are waiving the security deposit, then the bump in the money factor is .00015, not .00025... So, your money factor would be .0019, assuming they aren't bumping it up for extra profit.

As noted above, the waiver isn't a very good deal, especially on a 36 month lease.. Make the security deposit, then insist on the base money factor.

You can also either pay the acquisition fee, roll it in (i.e.: capitalize it), or waive it in exchange for a bump in the money factor of .00035 (usually a bad idea). I always capitalize the fee.

regards,
    kyfdx

• Randyjstark. How did you manage to get them to agree to give you back the MSD (money security deposits) even in the case of a total loss? From my understanding, the security deposits are forfeited when you get into an accident. You can have a minor fender bender and they will still use that to take your security deposits.