Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sirius9sirius9 Posts: 13
    edited May 2011
    Looking at a 2009 328xi automatic black/black sedan with 36k miles for ~$25k (not including tax). Clean carfax, 1 owner, had maintenance at 20k miles and 35k miles. Hesitant cuz of the mileage - thoughts? Anything I should look for specifically when I check it out? TIA.

p.s. - Carfax shows floor mats were installed twice at the beginning of the life of the car for some reason. Non-CPO cuz it's at a VW dealer (was previously leased from BMW, then a trade-in to VW). Brakes and tires are original.
  • sirius9sirius9 Posts: 13
    Forgot to mention, the car has a cold weather package and some components of the premium, and xenon.
  • amrhalemamrhalem Posts: 11
    Just got 2008 528i CPO with 31K on it, the car got extend warranty until 2013 and now being offered Extended maintenance program until 2013 ( 2 years ) for $1950 ( discounted from $2300), the program will cover everything except the Entrainment system and NAV. The Dealer Service Person recommended as none of the brakes were replaced and he told me a it would cost$1800 beside all Oils, belts and normal services , etc.. , I am planning to drive a 25K a year on this car, any advice if his numbers are correct?
  • drew11mdrew11m Posts: 85
    Sounds high. I'm guessing it doesn't cover oil changes or regulalry scheduled services.

Ok let's say that you need one set of brake pads for four tires. Find out ho much that would be with parts and labor by calling the Service dept. I would also check what the regularly scheduled service intervals say for replacement if certain parts. Otherwise you are laying 2K fir the security of knowing most things would be covered if hey break.
  • rodolitzrodolitz Posts: 1
    Hi. I appreciate any help. Looking to get this car as soon as possible, based on some help on the below.

I am looking to lease a new 335i convertible. Estimated msrp of $62,000. What are the numbers like? I am looking for automatic, 34 months, 10,000 miles yearly. Looking to know best lease prices. What is the residual value on the car and what is the money factor? And what is a good deal for this car based on the msrp. I don't know how far to push the dealer. Can it go lower than invoice price? Is it 8% off msrp, 10%, 12 %? Thanks again
  • amrhalemamrhalem Posts: 11
    it does cover oil changes or regulalry scheduled services which is per the service dept $180 per time, the break around $1800.
    it covers all parts and labor but the NAV and CD player.

so he basicslly was saying i would break even after doing both(brakes + 1 service )
    is it true the brakes cost that much?
  • ms3536ms3536 Posts: 1
    3.0-liter, inline 6-cylinder engine
    xDrive, intelligent all-wheel-drive

Alpine White
    Dark Burl Walnut wood trim
    Beige Dakota Leather
    Dark Burl Walnut wood trim
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    Value Package
    STEPTRONIC automatic transmission
    Active Cruise Control
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Navigation system
    Harman Kardon surround sound system
    Automatic high beams
    BMW Illuminated Door Sills

Total MSRP as Built $49,136

I am looking at the price point of $44k. Is that a reasonable price or should I bargain more?
    I am in Portland, OR
  • gryangryan Posts: 35
    That would be a great price, I believe it is below dealer cost, let me know if you get that deal. I would think 44,700-45,000
  • winjocewinjoce Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    2010 335 iX with navigation package, permium package and cold weather package. It has 17000 miles already. OTD price is $39300
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,019
    so he basicslly was saying i would break even after doing both(brakes + 1 service )
    is it true the brakes cost that much?

Wow, my dealer(Swope BMW, Louisville KY) charges less than $110 for an Oil Service on my wife's X3, and a four wheel brake job was less than $1000.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• rakaraka Posts: 1
    can somebody comment on this offer

2010 328xi- 18k miles on it
    premium package
    xenon lights
    heating steering wheel and steptroncic

dealer is asking 34K OTD . is it good price????
  • sg208sg208 Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    Just got this car over the weekend 5 hours away from home in Utah. I live in Idaho, been shopping for about a month all over the northwest for our first entry level luxury and stumbled upon a white 2007 328xi with 45k miles with a bit warranty left on it on Cars.com. Pretty much stock 328xi from lease return with premium package, ipod+usb and that's about it. I think I made a great deal. About $23K out the door at BMW of Murray since I didn't have to pay tax because i'll be bringing the car back to Idaho, about $1.5K on tax so roughly around $24.5K for everything. I saved about $3k if I were to buy it in Idaho, Boise to be exact. Spent about $150 for one way airline ticket and $60 gas to fill up the tank from Utah to home is still a great savings for us. We were happy with the purchase, and wife happy. Coming from 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS with 140k miles to this sweet used bimmer is something I'm grateful of. It's just WOW, BMW rocks ... and so does BMW of Murray with smooth buying experience.

What do you think guys?
  • sg208sg208 Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    If you like the car then YES, it's a great deal. I live in Idaho and about $34.9K before everything added (tax, doc fee, etc.) in here for something like that. As long as the carfax checks in, no accident or anything, not California car and YOU'D LOOK COOL IN IT, heck yeah it's a great deal! It's just California people dont take care their car and they drive like maniacs. If you can avoid that at all.
  • fkongfkong Posts: 11
    I am looking into leasing a 328i sedan. Anyone here leased one recently? What were the terms/mileage restrictions? I'm looking into one with the following specs:

328i Sedan
    Metallic paint
    M Sport Package
    Premium Package
    Value Package
    Convenience Package
    Steptronic
    Navigation

I am in So Cal. Pasadena area, to be more specific.

Thanks! :D
  • bartnj07bartnj07 Posts: 3
    I leased a 2011 BMW 328i xdrive coupe, Alpine with saddle brown leather inside, steptronic no navigation. My annual mileage limit is 12k miles. My monthly payments inc tax are $585, I live in NJ. I put down $5000 but I traded in 2007 VW Jetta with 61k miles on it, on which I still owed over $12000. So my entire down payment was applied towards the "negative equity" on the Jetta.
  • Was looking to buy a new BMW 3 series, hopefully the 335i if things go my way.

Now every car in the world has its problems, apart from randomly hitting trees.
    Just wanted to know from an honest non bias point of view, what problems can I expect with the new BMW 3 Series?
  • aku_05aku_05 Posts: 7
    I am looking at 2008 335i as well with 28500 miles on it. Can you tell me what options does your car have?

The one I am looking at has everything except Nav.

Dealer is asking for 32K
    Thanks
    edited July 2011
    I am looking at CPO 2008 335i with following --

BMW CERTIFIED 335I SPORT PACKAGE
    PREMIUM PACKAGE
    LOGIC 7 WITH SOUND
    BMW CERTIFIED CAR WITH A 6YR 100K WARRANTY
    1 OWNER CARFAX ACCIDENT FREE

Asking price $31 + TAX

Need to act on this FAST. Does this sound like a GOOD Deal?

Thanks In Advance.
    Aakif
    I have been shopping for a 328i X drive for last few months.

This is what I was offered for 2011 (4500 miles on it) - loaded except Nav

MSRP: 37,786
    Month Factor : 0.00185
    36 months lease
    Residual: 63%

Monthly : 539 with Tax.

Hope this helps