Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,650
    It's just a calculation to get the finance charge... The two numbers (cap cost + depreciation) are added together, to get an average amount financed...

When the money factor constant is calculated, it is halved, to make up for the two amounts being added together...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• buyabuya Posts: 74
    edited October 2012
    Thanks. So the weighted average of those numbers is inherent in the MF! Hmmm...now that makes me think how do they get the MF? But not going to mess with leasing...

Please anyone bought (not lease) a 328i recently??? Need to know who paid what and where for what year 328i with prem. Is my nice salesman's quote high at $42.6k otd. Thanks.
  • dr335dr335 Posts: 1
    Wifey just gave me green signal for a 335 xi (need awd for snow)! I am super excited, and am looking at this 2011 cpo car. It was a "corporate fleet" vehicle.

12000 miles
    Cold weather package
    Premium package
    Heated steering
    Navigation
    Bmw apps

Price: $41000

I would veruch appreciate any advice regarding the price.

Many thanks!
  • Hello all, I just paid the deposit for the following car. Let me know what you think about the deal I got...

2013 328i Sedan Alpine White, Black/Red highlight Dakota lthr
    Sport Line, Auto
    Premium package
    Driver Assistance pkg
    Nav and BWM assist with BT
    IBEX paint protection, Nitrogen and Tinted windows

$1,200 down (includes 1st payment)
    35 payments of $680 - 12k miles/year
    61% residual

MSRP: $47,045, Invoice Price $43,855
    I'm in Texas so tax is 6.25%

This is supposed to be MF of .00155 with invoice price + $573, + $700 to take my trade-in which has two payments due totaling $800.

Thanks,
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    I think that is high, the Money Factor for Oct, is .00135, of course this is with top tier credit. But $608/m is high...
  • MSRP is 42k. Can get it for $36.5k. Is this a good deal?

Thanks.
  • Thanks flightnurse--

I tried looking for a 2012 335xi coupe but the dealers seem to be sold out--
    Stopped by and test drove the xi today and the salesman worked up the following--let me know your thoughts--

MSRP--- 56445 ( 335xi coupe / premium pak/ nav/ m sports pak with 18 inch wheels/ )

Selling Price--53493

Residual : 60%

MF: .00135

For 15,000 miles/ 36 months and $3000 down ( all taxes , fees, and 1st months payment ), it will be $645 a month...
    Is this decent/ bad : can I move the needle lower?

Thanks for reading
    More info would make it easier to see if it is a good deal, but let me ask you, What do you think?
    edited October 2012
    First off the current M-sport package has been watered down, it doesn't have sport suspension like the previous generations, From reading what the M-SPort package is now, is has parts from the old Sports package and M style rims and body work. It doesn't even have sport suspension..

MSRP--- 56445 ( 335xi coupe / premium pak/ nav/ m sports pak with 18 inch wheels/ )

What other options do you have? I come up with $50,045 as MSRP for what you have posted.
  • The buildout looks like this:

2013 BMW 335xi coupe--- $46,800

Metallic color white--- $550
    M Sport Package-- $2200
    Coral red dakota leather-- $1450
    Premium Package-- $2000
    BT with BMW Assist-- $650
    Navigation-- $2150
    Heated Seats-- $500
    Keyless entry-- $500

Total is 56,800---they are discounting to 53500--thanks for your help
  • Hey,

One thing I can tell you is that you shouldn't be charged the $1450 for leather because that is part of the premium package.

On a side note this car is almost identical to my build in 2011:
    335xi coupe
    alpine white on coral red leather
    m sport
    Bt with BMW assist
    navigation
    heated seats
    10K miles

Sales Price: 47,995
    My MSRP was $54,600

I gave $1200 out of pocket and pay $544 a month including NJ tax.

You discount doesn't seem like a lot at least to me.
    When I build your car on BMW website the price is $56,295..

BASE MSRP $46,800

Mineral White Metallic$550

Coral Red/Black Dakota Leather$0 This is part of the Premium package

Dark Burl Walnut wood trim$0

M Sport Package$2,200
    • 18" Light alloy Star-spoke wheels style 193M-with performance run-flat tires$600
    • M Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters$100

Premium Package$2,000

STEPTRONIC automatic transmission$0 Not too sure if you want a stick or not

Comfort Access keyless entry$500

Heated front seats$500

Navigation system$2,150

Now if you getting a 2013, the discount they are giving you sound good, but there are other places where the dealer can deduct money from. Is the dealer have any add-on to the car? Play hard ball, remember, YOU do not need this car, THEY must sell cars..
  • I ordered a 2013 330I sedan it left the plant and is ready for shipping. I ordered the Luxury Line and the leather was part of the $1,400.00 luxury option. The ZPP premium package for $2,200.00 only consisted of: 322 Comfort access, 488 lumbar suport and 655 one year of Satellite radio subscription. I am loking forward for it to leave on the boat and arrive at the port of Baltimore.
    I ordered a 2013 330I sedan it left the plant and is ready for shipping.

This will be a very rare BMW...

With BMW now offering five lines of 3 series, each has it's own identity. So for the extra $1400 over the base 3 series, the Luxury model comes standard with

Unique design touches include:
    Chrome kidney grille bars
    18'' alloy wheels, multi-spoke design
    Black signature key fob with chrome accent
    Exclusive leathers and interior trims
    Chrome exhaust pipe trim

so the Premium package will only include the Comfort access, lumbar support and sat radio, however if you look at the premium package on line you will see that whatever color leather interior you chose will be highlights in the premium package. If you didn't choose the Luxury line, then leather wouldn't be standard, but available in the premium package...
  • Thanks car expert--you're right; the premium package does include the red dakota leather: I left out the premium sound package for $950 ---

The deal that you got sounds really good. I am asking for 15,000 miles and my msrp is a little bit higher but at least I can use your build as a guage: maybe I can get the MSRP lower or have them pay for the taxes --

Thanks again
  • Thanks again flightnurse: the premium package did include the red dakota leather etc....I was forgetting about the premium sound package for $950.

The car is a 2013 xi coupe. What do you mean by does the dealer have any add-on to the car? And should I ask for a bigger discount on the car?

Thanks
  • This will be a very rare BMW...
    Luxury line also includes Sports leather steering wheel.

I also ordered:
    Silver with Black Dakota Leather.
    Cold Weather Package.
    Driver Assist Package.
    Premium Package.
    Navigation Package.
    600 Watt Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System.
    Dealer add on's, like... Tinted windows, Pin stripping, nitrogen filled tires, paint protection, this are add-ons, cost the dealer next to nothing however big mark up and profit for he dealer.
    You didn't get the "rare" BMW.... You posted you ordered a 330i... BMW stopped building them in MY 2006...
  • Hi I am in the process of negotiating a price on a 2013 328 x-drive. MSRP is $44,500 for the car as configured. What % off MSRP should I expect from the dealer. In other words, if the dealer is offering me 3% off - is that good or am I leaving money on the table. Any other tips on how I should negotiate. I would like to lowest price since my configuration is very specific and it is unlikely anyone will have this on the lot - they will need to order it.

Thank you for your advice.