Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 2013 328i sedan: Imperial Blue Metallic/Black leather, Premium Package, Heated front seats, Dark Burl Walnut trim, Navigation, F&R Parking sensors, Rear view camera, 8-speed auto.
    MSRP $45725 (Invoice $42,660)
    Selling Price: $41210 ($1450 below invoice)
    CAP COST: $39210 (includes $2000 build out credit credit)
    Costs added to lease: $1735 (1st payment, DMV, $100 doc fee, $725 acquisition fee)
    CAP COST REDUCTIONS: $1500 ($1000 Ultimate drive rebate, $500 loyalty rebate)
    NET CAP COST: $39445
    Residual 59% (12K miles/36 months-$26,535)
    MF: .00125 (3%)
    Monthly LA County tax: 9% ($39.70)
    Total Payment including tax: $480.79 with sign and drive that's it!
    If I paid the $1735 total drive off fees total payment would have been $425.88 including tax!
    Figured what the heck? Why not do the zero down, my 5-series payment had a 6 in front of it so I am very happy.
    Pacific BMW Glendale California, ask for Greg Poland (is this ok to mention?)
  • Audieddy,

Your post is very useful to me. I am in the process now of trying to close a deal with BMW on 328i. I also have USAA discounts. My MSRP is 47,325. Can you give more detail about your deal? They are offering me a sell price of 39,610 and i put up 3k. with a payment of $415 plus tax. Sounds like you know how to get a better deal. Any help would be much appreciated!!!
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,522
    How much more of a discount do you want? From what you wrote you got a better deal then Audieddy.
  • konacougkonacoug Kailua-KonaPosts: 163
    cat 70,
    you need to provide more info besides the selling cap cost. First word of advice, never put down money to reduce the cap cost. If something happens to the car, you are out your entire down payment. The deal you can get also can depend on what state you are in and the how many dealers there are available. You need to know the true invoice of the car, the agreed upon sell price, minus whatever incentives you are eligible for, include the $2000 build out credit. Then the rest is the money factor, base is .00125. If you want to put any money into the deal, put down multiple security deposits, they reduce the money factor by .0007 per, can max out at 7 total. This will usually reduce your payment by about $40 per month and is entirely refundable to you. The other fees are base acquisition fee $725, dmv and any dealer doc fee. You should be able to get the car at least $2500 under invoice, being a 2013 model.
  • Hi guys, I'm looking to purchase a 2014 320i with options - lighting pkg, sports pkg, wood trim, and heated seats. MSRP is about 36800. If I go in the dealer today, or if I email the internet sales manager, how much should I be looking at? 500-1000 above invoice? I am assuming I won't be able to take much off due to this being a custom build order.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your help and education these past few days on search for a fair lease amount on the 2013 328 i I am looking to bring home. I would appreciate your input on the below numbers. The one thing I see missing for sure is the $2000 build out credit BMW is offering on the 3 series. It also looks like he started the money factor at .00145 (3.48%) when I thought this month's rate was .00125 (3%). Truecar.com lists dealer invoice at $44,145.

Here is what the dealer sent me this morning.

2013 328i Mineral white/saddle brown interior

$47,325 MSRP
    $41,415 My price plus tax/license
    -$1,000 U Drive event credit
    -$500 loyalty cash BMW
    -$500 USAA member rebates
    36 month lease
    10k miles per year
    $2000 drive off
    $3150 security deposit (100% refundable at the end of lease)
    $388.35 payment plus tax
    Money factor: .00096
    Residual 59% = $27921.75

thanks for any help you can give
    CAT
    Also BMW has a 2K credit on all 3 series cars.
  • Yes, dealer said he included that in the $41,415 selling price.
  • Dealers are allowed to mark up the money factor slightly. Most don't.
  • In my experience, most BMW dealers will mark-up the money factor... some will negotiate on it, but a lot won't...

just my $0.02...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ydolydol Posts: 12
    ideally leasing should have a better interest rate than financing, with dealer raising mf, acquisition fees, lease insurance, etc., might consider purchase at 2.99% current offers from bmw financial for 37-72 mo. I would also suggest to push for $0 drive off. Good Luck!
  • My understanding is that BMW's website is a couple of days behind and that the 800 number is more up to date. I ordered a 428x this week and found that to be the case. I also found an interesting and informative post regarding following the car when it is shipped. It is http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/how-to-follow-a-new-bmw-from-order-to-shipping- -and-to-delivery/
  • Prior to the leasing of my past two cars, I have sent an email to the dealer stating " Please confirm that the money factor is the lowest offered by the manufacturer."

I ordered a 428x this week and the dealer tried to add to the money factor after we agreed on a "selling price" and he lowered it to .00125 when I refused to accept it.
    Glad to help.... first off the dealership is marking up the money factor to .00145, that is .00020 above the base money factor rate, which equals a higher payment for you and more profit for the dealer, which you have noted. I would need a little more info to check your numbers...what is lease acquisition fee? DMV and taxes, plus dealer doc fee. Also, are you including any of the extra warranty items they typically try to sell you. Finally, which state are you in, it can make a big difference regarding sales tax and dealer willingness to deal.

Offhand, the car looks priced about 1k too high(for 2013) and your $2000 drive off is a little too high too. But it is hard to tell without seeing all of the fees they are charging you. See if you can obtain all of the charges.
  • smith83smith83 Posts: 45
    Here's an offer I received. I think they must have mistaken 328i for 530???

2014 328 sedan MSRP 44,325 selling price 41,500.... 30 month lease...payments would be $698.07 with 18,000 miles per yr., no cash down. Total due at signing, first payment $698, doc. fee and mv fees 472, and up front sales tax 14.16 total 1184.23. Equipped with premium pkg., heated seats and navigation.
  • I think what is killing you is the mileage. A typical lease for 12000 may have a residual of somewhere between 50-60 percent. By having a car with 18000 miles per year you are going to hand the car back out of warranty by mileage so I bet the residual goes way down. You are practically buying the car with that sore of annual mileage.

The other thing is the money factor. I will make a huge assumption and say you get a less than average offer and the monthly interest is $98/month.

That leaves you with monthly principle payments of $600. For 36 months that's 21600. There are taxes etc but in essence your residual is lower than 50 percent.

My advice is to either lower the mileage in the lease or just buy the car instead of leasing it.
    I agree the mileage is the killer, look at the BMW Select Financing the biggest advantage is the fact that mileage isn't a real factor in the payment.
  • There is no 4 series forum, so I'll post this here to get feedback or help others who might be looking for info on the 4. I ordered a 428i last Friday and should go into production next week.

Here are the details:

Glacier Silver
    M-Sport
    Premium Package
    Heated Seats

They knocked $1700 off MSRP (including loyalty $500 cash). I was surprised to get anything off MSRP given how hot these appear to be right now. Car should be here late November early December.
    I hate to tell you this...but, depending on your location, there are plenty of deals being done for 1k over invoice, especially if you are doing a factory order. By the way, it is not too late to compare your order with other dealers. You are not obligated to take delivery of the car and they can not keep your deposit. Also, are you doing a purchase or a lease?? A lease can be a huge difference in cost, if you don't understand all the in's and out's of leasing.
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Posts: 125
    I did much better on a 428x build.