Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Michaell@EdmundsMichaell@Edmunds ColoradoPosts: 1,155
    The money factor is the lease equivalent to the interest rate ... lower is better. As has been noted, this is something the dealer can mark up.

Selling price, too, is important as a lower selling price will result in a lower payment.

Conversely, you want to find a high residual percentage.

michaell@edmunds.com

Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mb_10mb_10 Posts: 2
    MSRP: 53,875.00
    Selling: 49,000.00
    Total out of pocket: 1,967.56
    Payt: 541.61 +Tax= 590.36
    10k miles

thoughts? thanks.
  • konacougkonacoug Kailua-KonaPosts: 165
    The reason I pointed out another potential forum, the info is easier to understand and explains all the ins and outs of leasing. I am just here to help people get a good deal on their BMW. I got hosed the first time I leased and I wish that I had more info about BMW leasing.

Anyway.... this is your money, why spend more than you need to? I will give a simple process.. go on KBB and build out the care the way you want it. You will then have the MSRP and the invoice price. According to your build, I get a 50675 MSRP and 46580 invoice. You need to use a lease calculator to figure out your payment, by inputting all of the relevant data. The best way to reduce your monthly payments is to use Multiple security deposits. Each MSD, can reduce the money factor by .0007, with a max of 7 can be used for a total discount of .00049.

I am guessing your payment is well above $500 per month on a 12K mile lease with a 59% residual. I wouldn't know the correct amount until I would have the selling cost, money factor, other fees and taxes.

With MSD's I am getting a rough payment of $582.
    More info needed.... what is the money factor? Are you getting any incentives or rebates? What other fees are they charging you, Acquisition fee, should be $725, doc fee any other fees? Off hand it looks okay. But, having the other info will help.
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Posts: 125
    I agree with konacoug, you need to read up on a leases.
  • mb_10mb_10 Posts: 2
    thanks, one other question, if I'm over mileage on my existing BMW lease is it legit to pay the penalty or should they eat that as part of my new lease? I'm
    telling them they need to eat it.
  • 03ex03ex Posts: 4
    @Michaell@Edmunds

Yes I am aware of that, I lease now, used to be 2 Acura's and now I just got an Audi TDi on lease and a remaining 2011 Acura. But thank you, I understand why you mentioned that.

@konacoug

MSRP with packages $50,175
    Invoice with packages $46,155

I was looking to put down 5-7k so I should equate that into MSD's instead?
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,523
    why are you putting down 5-7K on a lease? The premise of a lease to put down as little as possible you will lose that money on a lease...
  • Hi all. Looking to buy a CPO BMW 328 for the first time. Please give me a quick feedback to the offer I've received.

2011 328 xi S
    30K miles on it
    Deep Sea Blue Metallic
    Gray Dakota Leather
    Convenience Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Value Pkg
    AWD
    Steptronic Automatic
    Heated steering wheels
    Navigation

Offer is $26,500. Is this a good enough price to take?
  • 03ex03ex Posts: 4
    Right, so I am asking should I equte that amount to MSD's instead?

With Acura I never really put any money down so it was not an issue.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,892
    I'm assuming the S stands for Sedan?

Well... let me put it this way... if you turned around and were trading that vehicle in, you MIGHT get $19k for it on a good day. If I'm buying that non-CPO, I'm personally not paying more than $23k for it. So is the CPO worth $3500 to you? That's all that really matters.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• Yeah, it is a 328i xDrive Sedan. With all those packages and options, you still think you would only give it $23 non-CPO? For CPO, I am willing to pay an extra $2000 I guess. So I should stick to $25,000 at most then? I was appraising it on Kelly's BlueBook and it came out $30K CPO so I was comparing the dealer offer to that.
    yes, use the money for MSD's, it is a great return on your money and will save you $40 a month in payments. Best of all, you get your money back at end of the lease.
  • I've been offered the following deal on a 2013 335i xdrive.

MSRP: 56975
    Sale Price: 49300

What do you guys think?
    Hard to say, what is the invoice, what incentives and rebates did you get? Best way to figure it out, invoice minus the incentives and rebates. You should be well under invoice on a 2013 model. Also, is this a purchase or lease?
  • Not sure about the invoice. I did get the $500 BMW Loyalty discount. It is a purchase.
  • Invoice is 52935 according to bmwconfig.com
    Yeah, $23k is really top of the mark for me. The highest ones at dealer auction are hitting $21k. I personally look to pay $2k-$2500 over auction value. And, given its not white or silver, it does get a slight penalty, to be honest (not by me, as I'd prefer the blue, too, but the value is the value). Good luck with your decision.

BTW, KBB is notoriously garbage.

• Thanks your feedback and time. It certainly helps me better gauge how strongly I should stand at my $25,000 price point vs. giving in to the $26,500 they want.
    you're welcome.