Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi can someone let me know if it is a good deal?

2013 328i XDrive
    Jet Black
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package

MSRP: $43825
    Price: 39132
    Zero down, $2977.09 due at signing (Tax and DMV)
    Monthly payment: 450

Thank you very much!!
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,522
    I'm thinking you could get it lower, also what is the Money Factor and length of contract and mileage... Also where are you buying this, what state/city... You left out a lot of info.
  • 36 months
    10K miles
    59% residual
    MF 0.00125
    Queens, New York

Thank you very much!
  • Looking to lease a 2014 320i in Florida. What is the current residual and money factor on a 36 month lease with 10k miles? How much higher would 12k miles be? Also, is invoice minus $2000 the best I can expect price-wise? Thanks so much!
  • konacougkonacoug Kailua-KonaPosts: 163
    this is not a good deal for a 2013 model. With a $2000 incentive on the 2013 3 series, you should be looking at the least invoice, minus the $2000 incentive, which would be about 37k roughly. There is also an unknown incentive to the dealers out there from BMW. I would imagine it is at least 1k.

I recommend you figure out the invoice and make an offer from that price. Don't let them, use the $2000 incentive until after the invoice price.
  • I don't see a lot of discussion about the 335i xdrive here and was wondering what price I should be looking for when trying to buy or lease. Should I be trying for invoice and then factory incentives on top of that? Would I be likely to get a better deal if I find one on a lot or if I ordered one? Trying to find one with just the navigation instead of the whole tech package is hard to do.

Looking for a 2014 335i xdrive
    - M Sport
    - cold weather
    - driver assistance
    - navigation system
    - Harmon Kardon

MSRP: $56,350
    Invoice: $52,415
  • Hi guys,

I'm a brand new BMW buyer and looking to purchase within the month. I've done a lot of researching in terms of the car that fits my need and a good price range. Right now, I am looking at the 2013 MY BMW 320i or 320ix. There is one car at a dealer near me that has a 320ix with heated seat and lighting pkg for 37,000 (MSRP). I am planning on shooting an email over for a offer with 34,000 (roughly invoice or maybe slightly below) before the 2,000 build out credit (for 2013). So I am looking at a negotiated price of $32,000 before tax and fees. Does this sound about right? Or do you think I can get away with a lower price?

Any feedback is appreciated, thank you.
    Here is what BMW is offering on their website as a special lease on a 2014 328ix...

Well-equipped including features such as Premium Package (Leather, Moonroof, Comfort Access, Satellite Radio), Automatic Transmission, Power Seats, iPod/USB Adapter, Hands-free Bluetooth and Destination charges.
    $399*/month for 36 months. $750 Option Allowance, $500 Loyalty Cash are included in payment.
    • $399 First months payment
    • $2,750 Down payment
    • $0 Security Deposit
    • $725 Acquisition fee
    • $3,874 Cash due at signing

I'm not too sure how they are coming up with your lease, there has to be some hold backs on the 2013's since I'm sure BMW wants them gone.
    I don't think BMW has the 2K build out credit I can't find it on Edmunds web site, so you might SOL on that one. I bought my 320i the beginning of Oct and got the 2K built credit and my MSRP was $34K mind has the Premium Pack, and leather seats. You might give it a try, all depends on how hungry the dealer is. Also if you can wait for Dec, I'm sure BMW will have something to help move inventory.
    I think you are on the right track. I agree with you to send an email offer to their internet dept and not go in person, until you have agreed to terms. Also, you are indicating that you are buying, not leasing. If you are leasing that brings in many other variables.

Also, I would look at other dealer inventories and make offers to any other cars you like. Always best to have multiple options, gives you a little more leverage.
  • Thanks konacoug. I am looking to buy, so things should be pretty straight forward in terms of price negotiation. I do expect the dealer to stick on some documents fees and etc. I understand these fees can be waived but often times, dealers will leave those fees on, to make more money. Other than sale tax, the fees should not be more than 700-900 dollars, am I correct?

Another question I have is, would it be wise to send one dealership multiple offers on different cars? Say I give him a offer for a 320i and a 328i, different priced car but two different offers on them. Or just stick with one offer on a single car?

And to flightnurse - I don't see the build out credit anymore on edmunds or bmwusa.com. However I did go to a dealership recently and briefly asked about the 2000 build out credit on the 2013 3 series models. His answer was yes, those still apply. So I am still expecting them to give them to me.

Lastly, I plan on doing a $1000-1500 below invoice offer for the 2013 MY cars before incentives. I understand some dealers might think this is too low, and counter offer to bring the price back up. Depending on the dealers inventory left, I think it is very possible to get $1500 below invoice on a MY 13, correct? Let me know if I am under-estimating the market.
  • Here is some info that you might have not known.
    A lot of manufacturers allow to buy out the car that you leased. What this allows you is to sell your car to a different dealer than the one you leased it from. I have leased a Honda and sold the car to Carmax after 1.5 years. Essentially this allows you to get out of a lease, and sometime even make a profit on a leased car. Do you know if BMW allows buyouts? If they do, you can lease the car with minimum miles, but then not get penalized for going over, because most likely the value of the car will be higher, and you will be able to sell the car to another dealer, even for a profit.
    The DMV fee specific for your state and the doc fee can also be capped by your state. I would look online and see what info is out there. There really shouldn't be any other significant fees. Depending on your state again, you may be hit with MACO and Training fees, about $480, I think.

Just watch out in the finance office, they finance guy will try to terrorize you into buying all kinds of warranties and crap. Best to decline it all....but tire insurance thru Discount Tire.

You can offer on both cars or offer on the one you like the best and keep the other car in reserve. I would form your offers as out the door prices, Ie, 36900 plus tax and license. I wouldn't give them an opportunity to add other fees. I agree that starting an offer at $1500 below is reasonable. Beware that they accept this, then don't give you the 2K build out credit.
  • Thanks for the information on the DMV fee. I will look into it.

I haven't looked into tire insurance yet. Considering the price of tires for BMWs, I will definitely spend some time researching.

So are the MACO, Training, document fees the only fees that I should worry about? And if I make an offer like - 34,000 plus tax (2,000) and license, would they not try to add the fees? The way I see it is that they could agree to your offer, then when the time comes to sign the papers, they show you the others fees and say it is required (even though it is not).

As for the build out credit. I will make sure I make it clear that it is not included in my offer and expects my final price (before tax) to be deducted by the credit amount.
    When you send out your email offers, request that they provide the total itemized out the door price. This should enable you to see any other fees. Since, you are buying, I still would not buy any of their hazard/tire insurance. Many guys, change out the tires to non run flats, which cost a lot less money. IF I was you, I would put several thousand miles on them and see how you like them. I have them on my car and they are fine. They are much better than the ones from several years ago. Also, don't feel pressure to purchase extended warranties or maintenance agreements. You can always get them later. I know a guy in SoCal who is suppose to sell them, the lowest price around.

The dealers also make a pretty nice profit, if you max out your grades on them via the survey, in the neighborhood of $1500.
  • Hi!
    Interested in lease amounts for:

2014 328i xDrive Gran Turismo - 14TF $41,450

Sport Line S0ZSL $2,500

1. Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight FLCL3 $1,450
    High-Gloss Black Trim S04AT

Options

1. Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information S06AM
    2. BMW Apps S06NR
    3. BMW Online S06AK
    4. Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration S06NS
    5. Instrument cluster with extended contents S06WA
    6. Navigation system with touchpad S0609 $2,150
    7. Remote Services S06AP
    8. Automatic high beams S05AC $250

Exterior

1. Alpine White P0300

Packages

1. Cold Weather Pack S0ZCW $950
    2. Driver Assistance Package S0ZDA $950
    3. Lighting Package S0ZLP $900

Destination: $925

Total MSRP $51,525

10,000miles/36mo $0 down
    12,000miles/36 mo $0 down
    tax rate 7%

any guidance as to what I should realistically expect for a payment?

hoping for high $500's or very low $600's

Thanks!
    Nice, one questions why no Premium Package? For me the Comfort Access is one option I could not live with out...
  • Hmm--I guess I don't know what that is! I thought it was keyless access?
    It is, you place you hand on the exterior door handle and the car unlocks itself, and when get out do the same thing and the car locks, it's the best in the industry, also if you want to rear of the BMW and move your foot left to right under the bumper, it will unlock your trunk or hatch..
  • Hi,

I am looking to lease a 2014, 320xi sedan in PA. The MSRP with the options I am looking for is coming to $40370. Wanted to know whats the sale price and lease amount I should be looking for.

10,000miles/36mo $0 down

Also is it better to go for 2014 instead of 2013, if I am going for lease?