Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• phylpphylp Posts: 49
  • Oh - the asking price was actually $39900 but we were able to talk them down a bit.

I'm used to driving around a 10 year old hand-me-down car. I'm not used to being careful when I park my car...
  • I am getting the following quotes:
    1) 2010 BMW 528xi, about $6k off MRSP of $56k
    2) 2009 BMW 535xi, about $8k off MRSP of $60k
    3) 2010 MB E350, about $4k off MRSP of $56k

I like the car E350 a little better. But in term of deal, BMW has better deal.

Did anyone buy such models recently?

Is anyone interested in buying one by this Sat (end of this month)? Maybe we can buy from the same dealer for better deal. I am in Washington, DC metro area.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,295
    The 5 series is in for a big make-over this spring. They are discounting a soon to be outdated [but nice] design from the ground up. The MB E is all new with all the buzz and interest. They are still benefitting from the folks who have to have the newest car in the series. things will settle down a bit in the next year. The discount you get on the bmw will be offset some by the depreciation if you look to change in 4-5 years. The dealers won't want the old design. They will be quicker to wholesale them out. Something to consider.
  • Generally it is a good idea to buy the car and not the deal
    So by your post you should try to negotiate E350.

Having said that you might want to look into 2010 BMW 550i here in Southern Cal they are going for 10K off MSRP (@carsdirect.com)
    I agree with sanjaysdca re: car over deal. I am amazed that dealers are not more flexible on pricing current inventory in this economy.
  • gardisgardis Posts: 185
    Can you tell us what is an "MB E350"??

I never saw that model in the dealerships.
    Thanks.
    Mercedes E class 350 sedan.
  • rezrez Posts: 41
    Hello, Does anyone know the terms of the current 0.9% APR that BMW Financial is offering on certain CPO cars? Different dealers are saying different things about it, and I'm now totally confused. Dont want to miss out on this sweet APR deal, but dealers are of no consistence on terms.

Thanks in advance. :confuse:
  • I have found several 528xi and 528i "demos" with less than 200 miles that have been put into service within the last six months and carry a the balance of the 4 year and 55,000 warranty. An area dealer told me that extra 5k is for the car being a demo.

How much off of invoice should be a good price? How would you value such vehicles?

Also, one dealer also has a 2008 528xi CPO with 31,500 miles service date 12/13/07. Asking $33k. Opinion? :confuse:

Thank you for your responses.
    As long as the extra 5k off is subtracted from what you could have bought the car new, could be a good deal. Are these 2009's or 2010's ?
  • These cars are 2008s with less than 200 miles, on has 10, another 53 and another with 147 miles.

I can't believe they are still "new" 2008s. They don't have alot of equipment other than the premium package and heated seats.

My thinking was they should be priced as "used" cars with the mileage bonus added. After all, after one year of use, they'll be a three year old car with about 15,000 miles.
    Just curious -- what are the dealers telling you?
    Some are saying the 0.9% APR is only for 2 years, while others are saying its for 4 yrs. Some are saying 60 months at 2.9% APR....etc etc...TOTALLY confused here!!!
  • Thanks for all info and sharing. Got a MB E350 4matic today about 2% below invoice price. The finance APR is 4.9% for 66 months.
  • I purchased the 2008 528i untitled demo with 82 miles for $36,500. It has premium, cold weather, convenience comfort, xenon, ipod and a few other options. It has 45 months left on the warranty with 5k extension for a total of 55,000 miles.

There are others out there like this car listed on autotrader. I found this BMW dealer in Topeka, KS who also is a VW and Porsche dealer.
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427746

fyi - Relevant discussion of current financing incentives at bimmerfest forum. Changes for Feb.?
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    I have a question,

I personally wanted to get a bmw x6 since sometime now, after reading lots of reviews, I've been thinking hows the 5 series as an alternate? If I am correct it drives better a lot cheaper n people don't hate it like the x6.

Whats the best price for the 528i? And is it true that bmw has stopped making the current 5?
    Have you checked out the 5 gt? Somewhat like the 6 -- don't know what base prices are. The 2010's should be great buys with the revamp coming.
    Thank you phylp. Looks like they extended the same terms upto March 31. :surprise:
  • We live in NYC. We were quoted $47,700 for a 2009 535i, with less than 100 miles. It comes with the premium and cold weather packages, nav system and satellite radio. It listed for about $57,000. Is this a good deal and how would we find who else might have new '09 models available? Appreciate any help with this.
  • My 2007 530i lease ends 3/31. I saw my BMW dealer in Jan who put together a 535xi, with Nav, Prem, Sat, Value with a list of $57,470. He offered selling price of $54,808 less $1,500 loyalty, MF .0024 and resid 59% (15,000 miles) and monthly with just 1st and bank with taxes rolled in of $819/mos.

He also recommended I wait until the 2010 are marketed more heavily without waiting until supply dries up due to the 2011 model.

My question is at what point do you think I can get the selling price to be invoice or lower or to get my payments into the $750/mos range. (Invoice is $53,095). Will the new model kill the resid on this model so that all that happens is the price and residual go down....duh similar deal anyway.

Do I stay a month or two longer on my current lease and wait it out till the 2011 orders are being taken?

Thanks.
    If you can lease the 2010 for less than 1% of msrp [574] excluding taxes and fees than it is a great deal no matter what. I would shoot for $550 and go as high as 600. I don't know if that is possible. My observations re leasing is that if they give in one area they take away in another. Another question to ask yourself-- do I want the first all new model of the 5 ? This is a totally new euro sedan filled with new gizmos and high tech features. Happy hunting.
  • How long do you think I would have to wait to be able to make a deal like that. I would grab it in a heartbeat to pay$574 plus tax ($623/mos) instead of mid to high 7's.
    You may have to wait forever -- may not be possible but you can tell the dealer that you will deal at those numbers and let him contact you if it happens. Problem is that there aren't that many 5's left. You may be able to deal on a service loaner with 5k miles or less. They can be leased and there are some around.
  • tomy3tomy3 Posts: 20
    Does anyone know when BMW will provide "marketing support" for the 2010 528's given the 2011 style change is eminent. I see the 550i is currently at $7,500. Any guess on what the approximate support number will be?
    don't look for any firesale -- there aren't many 2010's around. A few years down the road they will be severely depreciated because the 2011's are totally revamped.
  • tomy3tomy3 Posts: 20
    While I understand BMW website inventories are not always accurate, presently there are 70 2010 528xi's available in the Cleveland area. Perhaps the scarcity you mentioned is driven by geographical area as well. My intentions are to lease, so I am not worried about the longer term depreciation impacts.
    The 2010's will be a much better buy than lease. The rv's and mf's could be brutal but you never know. I would contact a service profiled in edmunds -- Auto Authority and see what they have to say re lease deals. They charge a fee but can advise you on the best deal re the 528xi. Good luck -- I do like them -- sat in the M version a few weeks back. The dealer near me has decent lease deals twice a year on loaners with less than 5k miles. You might explore that avenue if you don't have to be the first one to put miles on the car.
  • I recently went to my tire distributor and he said I can get non run flats for about 1/2 the price...has anyone heard of this?