Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• also, msrp is 50,320.... i think negotiated price is 48,375..........

PS. how does everyone know how much it is over invoice? how much is mine? is this a stupid question? :cry:
  • Does anyone know the "real" acquisition fee in California from BMW Financial Services? I'm working a deal for a 525i, and I have a dealer insisting it's $825, not $625, and that he isn't marking it up.
  • go to www.kbb.com and build your car to find out invoice price
  • If you have the time and patience, Euro delivery is THE way to purchase a new BMW ...

My deal: 550i, Sport, Steptronic, Logic 7 (no changer), Satellite radio, Sunshades, Folding rear seat, Heated front seats. Monaco Blue w/ Auburn leather.

36mo lease (35 payments), 15K mi, 0 cap reduction, out of pocket (first payment, tax, license) $1300, So Cal delivery.

List - $66K and change
    Purchase option - $59K even
    Agreed Lease Payment - $808/mo

I will save even more by using flyer and hotel points to Munich to pick up my car in early January for delivery to the West coast in late February.
  • So I got my lease deal on a 525i (the details of which I'll provide in a later post), all done by email, and my finance application has been approved. My car arrives in mid-January. While I have an email string as documentation, they've asked for no deposit, and I have no signed paperwork from them (nor do they have any signed papers from me). The dealer advised that all of the paperwork and exchange of money will be taken care of when I pick up the car.

So, what exactly prevents the dealer from attempting to renegotiate or potentially renege in January (long after the BMW lease promotion expires). Should I insist on putting a deposit down??

Am I being a bit too distrustful or overly cautious here?
  • Are you traveling to Munich to pick up your new BMW? If so, you will actually sign and fund the lease about 30 days prior to your physical pick up of the car, they will have the VIN number and all the details completed and it will be ready for your pick up. If you are very near the 30 day mark, suggest a call Monday morning to see about next steps.

If you are picking up your car locally, without the Munich visit, that is not Euro delivery - you can only get the special treatment with a personal visit to the BMW delivery center in Munich.
  • No, this is not a Euro delivery. I'm picking up the car at a California dealership.

I wonder... should I just go there, and insist they take a deposit to secure this deal before the car arrives in January? Sounds a bit backwards.
  • I was facing the same dilemna with my 530. I don't get it until mid-January, and the dealer didn't seem too concerned with any paperwork. The deal was worked out by email and telephone, and he kept telling me everything was in order, but I was a little concerned, as you seem to be. I insisted that he send me an order confirmation, and told him I would send him a deposit. (Since when does someone have to force a deposit check on a car dealer???) He sent me by mail the confirmation which included the VIN number and the production number. I was able to check out the status of the car using the production code at the BMW website (Owner's Circle, create an new account). When I first checked, the car was awaiting transportation to the US, and it is now "en route" to the vehicle processing center. It also confirms that the color and model are correct. I am more relaxed now, but like you, it doesn't seem to make sense to me. When I got my current MB, they were the complete opposite.

Good luck with your car. I am pretty excited about getting mine. First BMW since 93.
  • lamplamp Posts: 20
    hi nickthrabbit, do you mind telling me which dealership in so cal that you made the purchase?

I am am in so cal, and am looking for a 530i w/ permium pkg, park distance control and auto tran. 36mo 15k miles per year zero down
    bmwusa.com estimated payment to be about $670 (quote price is $51.5k)
    I would like to see what i can get from dealers.

Thanks!
    I just got a call from one of the local dealers in so cal,
    36mo lease, premium pkg, park distance control, auto tranny,
    15k miles per year, drive off is a little over $1000 (that includes first month payment, title, doc fee etc).
    monthly payment is $639 before tax...which will be $692 after 8.25% CA sales tax.

How's that deal sound??
    forgot to mention, it is a 07 530i
  • tinocotinoco Posts: 18
    It is in fact $625.00 - if you have not signed the deal yet, run... what is the deal you have on the table now? Let me know I may be able to help you a little bit. What state do you live in?
    I got a 530i recently - msrp of 54,070.00 paid $900.00 over invoice, no down payment, I included 4 security deposits, each sec. deposit is equal to one months payment, however you get this money back when you return the car at the end of the lease - the purpose if this is to lower the Money Factor. My monthly payment, including tax is $585.00 - did a lot of work to get to this point but well worth it. You can email me if you'd like and I can give you the dealership and the salesperson I dealt with. Good Luck!
  • Here it is:

MSRP: $47,470 (includes premium pkg and auto transmission)
    Dealer Discount from MSRP: $2475 (this is $1070 over invoice)
    MF = .00070
    Acquitision Fee: $625

I don't really care if the dealer makes his margin on marking up the MF, marking up from invoice, or marking up the acquisition fee, as long as the TOTAL markup is reasonable. I could have negotiated a .00050 MF, but he'd just respond by reducing the dealer discount equally, so what would be the point? This is a reasonable deal - actually this is a VERY GOOD DEAL.

If I do 10,000 miles/year (63% residual), $3100 down (also known as "cash cap reduction"), my monthly payment is $432. In this event, my security deposit is $450.

If I do 12,000 miles/year (62% residual), $3100 down, my monthly payment is $445. In this event, my security deposit is $450.

If I do 15,000 miles/year (60% residual), $3100 down, my monthly payment is $473. In this event, my security deposit is $500.

Obviously, if I decease the down, my monthly payments will increase. (Don't ask why I chose $3,100!)

For those who assisted, thanks for your help. I pick it up January 13.
  • forgot to mention, it's a 36 month lease.
  • Hi - Lamp:

Sorry for the delay, last minute Christmas shopping you know! I found a good guy at Nick Alexander Imports, in a rather rough area of LA, which means lower overhead and few walk-ins ... meaning people who seek them out get better deals. Talk to Ed in the Internet sales group, say you are Lamp and I will let him know. Best part, one price, one try, super easy.

Good luck.
  • All I can say is SWEET deal ... how many miles and options, etc.?
    15k, premium, sports, auto - all I really needed..
  • MSRP: $63,065
    Asking Price: $60,179
    $4k to drive off (tax, title, , license, acquistion)

36/36K @ $715 a month

Is this a good deal?

Here are the specs:

2007 530xiT

Auto, Premium, Nav, cold weather, Logic 7, sat radio,
    comfort access, park distance control, rear seat heaters,
    rear window shades