Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jazzy15jazzy15 Posts: 9
    You did not even give it 24 hours! ???

I have not been in the market since last summer, so I cannot comment on current, but it looks substantially under invoice. My advice is to walk from their price and offer a few thousand less, and see how far they will move. Their bottom line will change over time.....but the price being a fair amoutn less than invoice when the 12's are a ways off sounds pretty good.....
  • dudeatbaydudeatbay Posts: 1
    Just now signed a contract for BMW 535xi (metallic) with Premium, Premium2 and cold weather package. MSRP was $61K+ but managed to get it at $55K.. Edmunds TMV is around $57K.

Let me know what you guys think of the price..

Also do you guys recommend the BMW tire and wheel optional coverage ($2K seems high). Appreciate any help on this...
  • smithsongasmithsonga Posts: 123
    I ran your 535xi on Truecar.com and it states an excellent price is $57,140. And that dealer cost is $55,733. (msrp was $61,575).

Not sure what incentives are out there, but if that is a straight up deal, you got a very good one.
  • amrhalemamrhalem Posts: 11
    Today I pick my 2008 528i with 30K, centeral Jersey , CPO for $26,300 with 2.8% APR loan , the car got extend warrenty to 100K / 6 years. Could you please advice if that is good deal? i still can retrun it ;)
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Posts: 284
    Very good deal. Buyout on most 2008 3 series is around that.
  • bikerrnbikerrn Posts: 6
    I am considering the purchase of a 2009 CPO 528i with premium package and NAV. Dealer has retail price listed at $39,991. My question is where should I start my offer? Car is located in S.C. I'm thinking I should start somewhere around $35,500. If anyone can lend me some advise I would appreciate it. I've not purchased a CPO before. I'm a lexus driver but want to by a BMW as a second car. Thanks!
  • phylpphylp Posts: 49
    edited May 2011
    I'll opine that your number is fair. However, how many miles are on the car? If the tires are worn, ask the dealership to put on a set.

[When we bought a CPO 2008 BMW 535i in 2009, I had not even noticed the tires on the car. I drove another car, a 550 I think, and the 550 had worn tires, which I did notice and mentioned to the salesman. Unsolicited, the salesman put new tires on the 535 I wanted and that helped seal the deal. They also threw in new floor mats in both carpet and the heavy duty rubber.]

Good luck.

Good luck!
  • james27james27 Posts: 433
    If your timeline and finances allow it, consider European delivery. I did on mine, picking it up in Munich in late April this year (2011). Now waiting for it to be re-deliverd here in the states. Munich is a nice place to visit, and there's all sorts of things to do and see not that far away, so it is a nice vacation. You can legally drive the car at much higher speeds than you can in the states (but keep in mind the break-in period is 1200-miles/2,000Km), and you shouldn't exceed 100mph/162kmph during that time. They treat you well at the delivery point and include some 'freebies' as well (credit in the gift shop, restaurants, engraved key fob, use of the lounge, museum entrance, and factory tour). If you want to tour the factory (essentially across the street), you need to make reservations in advance. This is the factory where they make the 3-series, but is representative of all models.

Also, consider that if you order the car, verses taking one off the lot, regardless of whether you do European delivery or not, you can also take delivery at the performance center in SC, where they'll provide a free night in the hotel, meals, and a day of training at the track at no cost to you (you have to get there and home, though). Also, there are certain options choices that are only available if you order the car verses taking one the dealer ordered for his inventory (no 'new' options, only certain option choices).

Most dealers will also deal off the European delivery discount. A European delivery sale does not come out of the dealer's allotment, they don't get hit for any advertising fee or floorplan costs, and it counts as a sale which helps for the next year's allotment, so it's a win-win situation where they don't have to make as much on the sale since it ends up being an 'extra' sale for the dealership and you get a better price than you might otherwise. The biggest hassle with getting to Munich now is the surcharges the airlines are adding - this is often more than the airfare. They have a promo with Luftansa where you buy one ticket, and the second one is 'free'. But, you have to pay the fuel surcharge and security fees, and that added up to over $500 from Boston-Munich. Hardly free, but still a lot better than also paying the full fare.
  • amrhalemamrhalem Posts: 11
    Just got 2008 528i CPO with 31K on it, the car got extend warranty until 2013 and now being offered Extended maintenance program until 2013 ( 2 years ) for $1950 ( discounted from $2300), the program will cover everything except the Entrainment system and NAV. The Dealer Service Person recommended as none of the brakes were replaced and he told me a it would cost$1800 beside all Oils, belts and normal services , etc.. , I am planning to drive a 25K a year on this car, any advice if his numbers are correct?
  • rezrez Posts: 41
    Just wanted to inquire from you seasoned folks about a CPO 2008 535i with 28,300 miles on it. Asking price is $35,900. I offered $36K including tax, title, lic, which is about $2K. Car has Premium, Sport, Navigation, Rear shades, Distance control. I have to also drive about 250 miles to get it.

deal, or no deal? :confuse:
  • adduaddu Posts: 16
    edited June 2011
    Guys,

I am new to BMW. Looking into 2011 528i and would appreciate any advise on pricing and some general information

- Based on people's experience in this forum what would be a great deal on the purchase of 528i, Premium, Sports, Navi, Rear Camera w/ Parking dist contrl. MRSP 53.5K

- I am still debating on wether or not it is worth spending extra 2K on sports package. Is there an option to get the sport package style 328 alloy wheels by themselves ?

- I have been driving Japanese cars. Last purchase was an MDX and have never bought any extended warranties or maintenance plans with no regret. I have heard scary stories from acquaintances about BMW though (after the 4 year program). Is it worth the money ? I am no heavy on miles. 10K annual and am afraid if I go with any plans, I will run out of time before miles. WHat options do I have ?

Appreciate any feedback.

Addu
  • A dealer has offered to sell the car for Edmunds 'TMV' price, + state inspection fee $65 + gas fill-up $75 + detailing for delivery $196. Can anyone tell me if 'detailing the car for delivery ' is a valid charge?
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Posts: 284
    Detailing for delivery? Gas? You have got to be kidding. State inspection fee is legit though.
  • gardisgardis Posts: 185
    Addu, I can address the sports rims. I have a 2007 530i with sports pkg, and I love the rims I have, which are distinctive from the basic rims, as you have described. Also, with sports pkg you get the solid black trim around the windows, instead of that chrome trim, which also makes the car look sporty (the black trim I'm talking). Try going on the BMW north america website, and look at all the rims. You will quickly come to the conclusion after you see the pricing, that the $2K is the cheapest option. Personally I would not go with the extended warranty, they're very very expensive and if you don't need it (you might very well not need it) it's a total waste. Why not just put that same amount of money into an escrow savings account or something, and keep it there in case you need to make a repair. These are good solid cars, not that they don't need attention. But I think the scare stories are way overblown.
    Good luck, let me know what your decision is.
    Gardis in CT
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,905
    It really doesn't matter how he breaks it down... He doesn't care about TMV.. He wants a certain amount for the car.

If you think that amount is fair (in total), then grab it... If you think you should pay less, offer less..

TMV, gas, detail, inspection... all just serve to keep your eye off the real number..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• adduaddu Posts: 16
    Thanks Gardis. I missed the magnification feature on BMW website. Looking at it closely I think I will skip the sports package (just personal preferrance on the sporty appearance)

So now I am looking at 528i metallic ext, premium, navi, rear view camera w/ parking distance control. Anyone got information what the best price is on this forum for this configuration ?

Addu
  • bimmerfastbimmerfast Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the replies, ponytrekker and kyfdx. I'll try & negotiate some more, and see what happens.
    I am experiencing something that's astonishing! I was negotiating on an '08 535i CPO. I have placed the above offer, but the dealership cannot accept it, but has made a counter offer. The counter offer is that they will sell me the car stripping it from CPO status. In other words, they will sell it to me at my offered price without the 100K mile CPO warranty, and just as a regular used car. Can they do that? I didn't agree to it. The car is now changed on their website as a used car and not a CPO. I am totally dumb founded on this and would like to hear everyone's expert opinions/ advice here. :mad:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,905
    Generally.... once a car is entered into the CPO program, it is supposed to stay that way.. BMW doesn't want the dealers to advertise a car as CPO, until it has been certified, re-conditioned, and entered into the program (with the dealer paying BMW for the CPO warranty).

That doesn't mean it always happens that way.... and, it doesn't mean that they can't de-certify it for someone that really wants the car, but doesn't care about the CPO, but it's rare.. None of that is illegal.. .it's just between them and BMWNA..

Obviously, you wanted a CPO car... I'd just tell them you aren't interested in any offers that don't include CPO... They are just trying to put you on their number.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thanks kyfdx. That's what I was thinking too. The desperate salesperson kept calling me daily even though his mgt didn't agree to my offer. First he asked if I would split the difference. When I dodn't agree to that either, then they told me about buying the car without the CPO at my offer. Sales tactics? Go figure!!! :sick:
  • defunct00defunct00 Posts: 4
    Wondering if this is a good deal.....?

I live in NY. Lease offer for a 2012 535I X Drive 36k mi lease.

Prem package, Prem Package 2, Sports Package

$2000 down includes first monthly payment, security deposit, reg and title

$780 per month
  • clymerclymer Posts: 3
    Hello everyone,

Just wanted some feedback on my offer to purchase the below specified vehicle:

2011 535xi

Dark Graphite II over Cinnamon Brown
    - Cold Weather Package
    - Fold Down rear seats
    - Anthracite Headliner
    - 4 Zone Climate
    - Heads Up Display (HUD)
    - Sport Auto Transsmission
    -Park Distance Control
    -Navigation
    -Heated Front Seats
    -ipod/USB adaptor
    -Convinence Package
    -Comfort Access
    -Dynamic Handling Package
    -Multi-Contor Seats
    -Premium Package
    -Premium 2 Package
    -Rear Sunshades
    -Sat Radio
    -Sport Package
    -Sport Automatic Transmission.

The offer was for $64,245. Please offer some feedback regarding the price. Thanks in advance!
  • mdxloveitmdxloveit Posts: 2
    Bought 535i with Premium 1 and Premium 2 package this week. Awesome car. Very happy.
    I paid invoice and also got $1K discount for the BMW Team Olympic event. I bought it in the bay area.

Cheers
  • Bought 2011 BMW 535I, Alpine White with Venetian Beige interior leather with the following:

Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, Premium Package, Automatic, BMW Apps, Free Window Tint, wood trim, smartphone integration
    Total MSRP + Destination = $59,625, Paid $54,250 on July 30, 2011 at Moritz BMW at Arlington, TX.
    They have inventory reduction going on now and very eager to deal. Deal took about 4 hours to finish as I was looking at leasing a 335.
  • djdeepdjdeep Posts: 1
    Anyway you can send me who you talked to, Muddin? I'm planning on going in this weekend and getting one myself.

Thanks in advance!
  • thassthass Posts: 2
    Wow, now THAT'S a deal:).
    Can I ask where u got it?
    I am in the same process, but my deal is only:

Nav
    Cold weather
    Parking distance control
    Backup camera

For $660/month without tax
    Nothing down
    Only inception and tax!

That premium package 2 would be nice!

Thanks
  • Moritz BMW at Arlington, Texas
  • Amrhalem,

I'm looking at the same car 528i CPO with 31K in NYC. They want $35K, it seems you got a great deal at $26K (am I reading that correct)? Out of curiousity, what were they listing your car for? I'm wondering if it was along the same lines as this one. Also, do you know if other dealers will service the car through the CPO program? I live in CT but found the car in NYC, like to have car serviced locally if possible.

Thx.

ND
  • Does anyone out there know if I can have a CPO car serviced by a dealer other than the one where I purchase it. I ask because I work in NYC but live in CT. I'm looking at CPO cars in both locations, if I purchase in NYC I may want to have serviced in CT. Sometimes dealers don't like to service cars (under warranty) that are from another dealer. Do any of you have experience with this?

Thanks!

ND
  • hurstianhurstian Posts: 10
    I just bought a 2011 BMW 528i with premium,heated seat and sat radio for $44,900. MSRP is $48,575. Price already include the $1,000 customer cash. Is it a fair deal?

Thanks