Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gcmiamigcmiami Posts: 2
    Thanks. $30k out the door, including tax, license etc)? or pretax?
  • gardisgardis Posts: 185
    I keep reading various posts about dealers telling buyers that the 5 series are "flying off the lots" and there's "very little inventory."

YET -- I saw two 530xi, 2007 CPO vehicles, both with Sports, one a dealer here in CT, and another a dealer in LI (about 40 miles)...........all I did was EMAIL the internet service manager that I saw the cars in the website, and so far, I've gotten THREE calls from the Long Island dealer ("just following up with your request, if there are any questions, please call me, etc etc"), and Three calls from the CT dealer (I looked at that car and it's nice). If they have so many buyers, why are they bothering with me?

My game is to not show I"m so anxious. Of course, having said that, I've lost two beautiful vehicles because I played chicken with the dealer too long. Go figure.
  • amit3amit3 Posts: 5
    What do you think about this price:

2006 CPO 525i mid 30k miles, and the asking price is $25,900.

What should I offer? The car is pretty basic, premium package.

Also how reliable are these cars and is the 525 underpowered?

Thanks.
  • ptchowptchow Posts: 14
    I do noticed that there are alot more 2006s vs 2007s. I think the main differences are the aux input and for NAVs, the later models come with real-time traffic information. Anything else?

I definitely don't think they are "flying off the lots". Just like you, I'm trying to be patient and to find the car with the right combination of options at the right price.
  • beemer7beemer7 Posts: 1
    Would like any feedback on this deal for a 2009 528 xi
    MSRP 54970
    Sale price 53445
    Cap 48213
    Residual 58%
    36 years/ 15k miles
    $660 / month with $5000 down
    They have the at delivery to be $7500 and then taking the $2500 off that.

Feedback or thoughts?
  • neuro0neuro0 Posts: 2
    Got a 528xi yesterday.
    Offered invoice + $500 over email.
    Dealer accepted immediately without hassle but have to take delivery before March end. (I now think I should just offered invoice price!)
    I certainly think I didn't get a bad deal!

2009 528xi black w/ black
    prem.
    cold.
    xenon light,
    nav,
    Ipod/usb

BTW, there were a lot of people at the dealer :surprise:
  • jagbuyerjagbuyer Posts: 4
    We are in the process of shopping for a a BMW 535i or a Jag XF SC. Does anyone out there have any buying experiences or tips for the BMW?

I am especially interested in actual sales prices for the 535i?
  • nibsnibs Posts: 65
    Man you guys are so lucky south of the border (I'm in Canada). Obviously we don't have the number of cars available that you do and we pay a premium for the CPO vehicles with many more miles on them and at much higher prices. We even pay a premium if we came down to buy and bring one back. That 530XI is a nice car and the mileage is very low imo. Wish I had the opportunity but I bought an 06 530XIT. Lots of warranty left so I'm happy.

Good luck.
  • jvl1jvl1 Posts: 2
    Hi - Can anyone tell me if a 2009 528xi offered for 48K with xenon lights, premium package, cold weather and Ipod is a good deal. I am in a 525i now and my lease is up soon. I am going to lease the 528xi over 36 months 10K miles, no money down. The MSRP I have been offered is 53,350 less 5,350 = 48K. Fees and first payment I have been offered are $1942 from Massachusetts. Monthly payment is $615. Any advice? Thanks
  • liililiili Posts: 7
    Can you post dealer's name?
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    We are in the process of shopping for a a BMW 535i or a Jag XF SC. Does anyone out there have any buying experiences or tips for the BMW?

I am especially interested in actual sales prices for the 535i?

I did left you a post in the Jaguar xf forum, but you never replied.

Have you test driven the cars?
    Some are saying the newly redesign 5 series will be available sometime this summer, and some are saying mid 2010.

Anyone know for sure?
  • jvl1jvl1 Posts: 2
    I have not driven the 535 I am interested in the 528xi. Sorry
  • jagbuyerjagbuyer Posts: 4
    I have test driven both cars and both performe exceptionally well. Great handling and acceleration from both. I am really torn between the two. Most of all I like the styling of the Jag and dont see as many of them on the road as the BMW.
  • art234art234 Posts: 103
    My understanding is that the 2010 5 series will be the same as the current one with the exception of the new Idrive interface with hard drive (like the 3 has now). The redesign will be called a 2011 model and show up some time in 2010.

This is from my dealer--and I am still debating whether to go BMW or Audi.

Hope this helps.
  • e_thereale_thereal Posts: 17
    I have a deal for a brand new never titled 550i with an msrp of $65k for $44k. What do you think?
  • sb55sb55 On an Island in VermontPosts: 163
    Does it have 6 speed and the Sport Package? That'd be my choice.
    I'd say, Buy it.

2007 Miata, 2010 BMW 535xiT, 2010 GMC Sierra SLE, 2006 Subaru Legacy Wagon

My understanding is that the 2010 5 series will be the same as the current one with the exception of the new Idrive interface with hard drive (like the 3 has now). The redesign will be called a 2011 model and show up some time in 2010.

This is from my dealer--and I am still debating whether to go BMW or Audi.

Thats what my dealer has been telling me, that the new redesign 5 will be available sometime in 2010, but some say this year :confuse:

I see I am not the only 1 confused here, so you're thinking about going for the 5 seri or the Audi, which Audi? A6, I am torn apart between bmw and lexus :blush:
    I have test driven both cars and both performe exceptionally well. Great handling and acceleration from both. I am really torn between the two. Most of all I like the styling of the Jag and dont see as many of them on the road as the BMW.

I've recently read in the XF buying experience forum about someone having problems in his new car only after 500miles, and it wasn't easy to find the parts.

What about the LS460? I know its bigger, but more space and comfortable.
  • gardisgardis Posts: 185
    BTW, what's the sales tax now up to in Canada? I can't imagine what it has to cost you for a vehicle up there. Good luck.