Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jtlajtla Posts: 375
    Shouldn't CPO extend the warranty to 6-year/100,000 miles from original in-service date, which I would guess Dec. 2006 thus give you warranty till Dec. 2012?
  • dturrdturr Posts: 70
    This car has not hit the lot is having four new tires and the BMW safety checks. They will be putting it for sale at $31900.0. What would be a sensible offer with the current 0.9% and two months paid. The car is in the Olivin Green with beige Dakota leather and Premium Pack. Thanks for the help.
    I am told that BMW have stopped production of the 2010 and that cars will not be available at such god deals as with the Mercedes E Class.
    Anyone heard any news on offers??
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,198
    I'm not sure how much bmw will discount cpo's, especially ones just going on the lot with new tires. Most shoppers have to work hard for a deal but who knows? My guess is that the 2 payments are all they are going to offer unless there is no interest for several months.
  • Just purchased a CPO - 2007 530XI with 19,600 miles, very clean. Navi, Cold Weather, Satellite Radio and Premium Package. Paid just under 35k for it, with the 0.9% and 2 months free. Was listed at $36,995. Amazing buying experience, never been treated so nicely at a car dealership.

Absolutely love it at this point, almost like having a brand new car for nearly half the price! Price sound decent? I sometimes see people saying they paid the mid 20s for these cars at auction, but I feel like this was a pretty fair price. Was also looking at a 2010 Acura TL...but with that starting at 44k (got them down to 40,100 for SH-AWD/Tech/HPT), it seemed like a no brainer to go with the 530xi with 30k left on maintenance, 100k CPO warranty, and overall a much nicer driving experience.
    Thanks, guess I really wanted a 530 and think the 525 should be under $30k. We have owned a 3 Series and X5 in the past and they make a fantastic car. I am also tempted to lok at one of the current lease deals on a new 528.
  • gardisgardis Posts: 185
    Hi Broncos,
    Yes, that sounds about right. I have a 2007 530i pretty loaded with NAV, sports, prem, cold, and prem sound, comfort access, I ended up paying $36,200 with 24K on the clock. The car was and is impeccable. Has the Anthracite wood trim which is spectacular looking with blk leather. I think you did well. I have until June 2012 on the warranty.

I'm loving the vehicle, but my gas mileage has dropped a little since the cold weather, and i'm trying to get a grip on why. I'm getting 17mpg according to computer where as in the summer was getting a steady 20mpg. Highway it's great. Not a big deal, but I put premium gas in it so it would be nice to go back up to the 20mpg.

Good luck with your vehicle, and Happy New Year.
  • Thats right jtla. The CPO extends it to Dec 2012 but I am cognizant that CPO warranty is limited in comparison to the original 4 year/50K miles warranty.
  • I agree with you jayrider though I was just curious to know how I did. I actually started the post/inquiry before I purchased the car. Love the car so far. Happy new year to you all too.
  • phylpphylp Posts: 49
    Congrats on your purchase. Thanks for keeping us posted.
  • I am in CT and looking to buy a new 528XI with just steptronic and xenon in January.The MRSP with destination lists on BMW's webs site as $50,075.

I would appreciate any suggestions that forum members would be able to share about what price to expect. O should I seek to use one of the buying services (Amex, others?) in order to avoid a difficult negotiation (which I am never any good at :) ).

Or do people think I'm crazy and that I shoudl wait 9 months until the 2011 version of the XI is available in the fall?

Thanks in advance for your ideas and help.
  • nsoltznsoltz Posts: 6
    Remember that in this market, add $180 for Training and $300 for MACO to the invoice prices on Edmunds. I just bought a 2010 535xi wagon from Pace in Mamaroneck (same ownership as Greenwich BMW). I paid invoice + Training + MACO + $1000. I suspect you might be able to get a 528xi for between $500-$1000 over invoice. Act by end of business today (Jan 4) and you can get the $2500 BMW rebate. Need to finance it for 36 mo @ 3.9% but you can pay it off in 4 months if you like. No prepayment penalty is assessed.

The 2011 "F10" looks terrific. But I would be somewhat concerned about buying an unproven new model. However, with the BMW 4yr/50K maintenance, I would risk it. I could not hold off because I wanted a wagon and who knows if or when BMW will import the new wagon.

I wouldn't use a buying service because I would much rather look carefully at vehciles.

There really doesn't have to be difficult negotiation. Tell your CA you want to work from invoice up. Mine immediately printed invoice and said his price was +$2500. I said that I knew that $1K was a fair profit on a wagon. He was able to accept. We negotiated a bit over the trade and the hardest negotiation was with the wife.

Took longer for the marital negotiations than with the dealer ;)

She finally remembered something that her late father told me over 30 years ago: "If you want a car, just buy it."

Drove it home an hour later.
  • Thank you very much nsoltz. That is tremendously useful info.

Was going to pay cash and did not think of the lease. What does the lease acquisition add to the costs so that one can access the $2,500 lease incentive on purchase? (I'd plan to pay it off in 4 months, as you suggested).
  • Looking at a 2006 BMW 530xi with cold weather, premium and auto packages. It is a CPO car that I can get for $27,000. The problem that I see is that it has 55,000 miles. I am also looking at the same car with DVD Navigation System, Cold Weather Package, Heated Steering Wheel & Dual Heated Seats, Premium Sound Package, Premium Package, Automatic Steptronic and 40,000 miles that is not a CPO car for $28,000. Both carfax clean and one owner but the second one is not from a dealer.

Thoughts?
  • Both cars are 2007's.
    No obvious answer but you might do national searches to guage what prices are on 07's that you are interested in. Give you a baseline to compare.
  • jayrider, thanks for the response. The 40K mile car obviously seems like a better deal but it is not a CPO car. My brain is tired from searching websites for cars. Should the high miles be a concern?
    You need to ask someone who has experience with bmw's. Independent service isn't too bad but repairs can be costly. Are you ok with possible big expenses to have a driving machine? May not have any problems but you need to be comfortable with the possibility. There are a lot of decent new/almost new cars you can buy for 28k. Decision is up to you. The risk of expensive repairs deter you if you really want the bmw. It is part of the package.
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    2010 5-series (E60) production did stop at 12/24/2009. The new 2011 (F10) will start production any time now. Good deals on 2010 will be available but you cann't order one to your spec. Will have to take one of leftovers.
  • Went to a dealer today to buy 2010 BMW 528XI and was told no more are being produced. They had none and would have to find one in order to fulfill any orders for a new vehicle. But not sure that if they found one it would be a good deal or not.