Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nsoltznsoltz Posts: 6
    I purchased rather than lease. Intent was to pay cash but $2500 rebate more than offsets the interest charges. So I can't speak to lease acquisition charges. Good luck!
  • dturrdturr Posts: 70
    Check on the BMW UK website delivery and pricing details available on a range of models.
  • rezrez Posts: 41
    You might get a good deal only if you go to the dealer actually having the car in their own inventory, not at a dealer who is searching to see which dealer has it and trying to acquire it from them.
  • gardisgardis Posts: 185
    Hi,
    I ultimately bought from Greenwich BMW from a saleslady that was honest and straightforward. When she gave me the price, I believed her. I love the car I got (CPO 2007 530i, loaded). I would try them. I used the BMW USA website and did a search on the vehicles within a 50 mile radius of my town in CT. That' s how I found mine.

Also found Bridgeport BMW very active, they move a lot of cars, give them a shot also. I have mine serviced at Darien BMW because I always used them and have a good relationship with the service tech. Good luck,

Gardis
  • Thanks for the ideas gardis.

Actually, an interesting coincidence, nsoltz had suggested he found what he wanted at Pace (which is same group as Greenwich and just into NY) so I went to Greenwich first (closer to home in CT), found a helpful salesperson and got a reasonable, up-front price for the car that I was looking for. So I just bought it on the spot and picked it up last week.

The help I got from this Forum has been sensational. Thanks to all.

Hope you enjoy your 530i. That's a nice car!

Robert
  • I am trying to buy my first BMW and would appreciate some guidance and tips on landing a good deal. The car is advertised for $35,489 from a dealer and its certified.

It has the following:

25,835 miles, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Xenons, navigation system, automatic high beams and automatic transmission. It has extended warranty until end of 2013.

What is a good price to get this at? And is the extended maintenance plan worth it?

Thanks in advance!
    Ravi
  • phylpphylp Posts: 49
    I bought a similarly equipped 2008 BMW 535i with about that mileage in Oct 2009 for $39,800, plus new tires, and other non-price concessions. I did check out 2008 528i pricing. By that time, the good ones I came across were in the $33k to $37K price range, with miles under 20K.

My two cents worth. -- It is even later along now. My "guess" is that the mileage and time factor should be worth at least a couple thousand dollars off the quoted price, especially if you are willing to walk away if they do not meet your price. If you offer $30K all they can say is no and maybe you can split the difference and wind up at $32.5K. Yes, I like to haggle.

Tip: After you test drive, negotiate online and via e-mail. That really helped me. I went back in to the dealer only after they were very close to my offered price, but got to the end of the day face-to-face. Made the process smoother. Good luck and please post how things go.
  • dturrdturr Posts: 70
    You are looking for the same vehicle as myself. I am in SW Florida but have not found the right color specification and price. Vehicles down here seem to be $2k more than those on the east coast of Florida !!
    For a vehicle such as you describe with 30k miles I would write a check for $32k today if it was CPO and met my requirements.
    Good luck and remember not to feel under pressure, it's only a car and they ususlly want to sell as much as you want to buy.
  • Just bought a 528xi with Nav, Xenon in NJ

MSRP 52675
    Price: 50800
    DownPmt: 3500
    Tax/Title/ + 725 acq fee paid up front
    $6700 at signing
    Monthly: $599
    Money factor .00195
    Residual: 62% with 12K miles
  • The dealer is offering a certified pre-owned 2008 535xi with 26k miles for $38500.

The car is in great shape - no visible scratches. Interior in excellent condition.
    Navigation, leather, cold weather, comfort, parking assist, heads-up display, Logic 7 sound, keyless ignition.

I'm looking to purchase a car ASAP so I'd really appreciate any input before making this purchase!

(my first car purchase so I'm a little nervous - gulp!)
    Is it CPO? Excellent price for CPO. Still a good price for non-CPO. Did you have dealer run service records? And what part of the country? That's a factor in price as well. All in all, price sounds good as an absolute number. The real number is what is a good price to you.
  • Yes, it's a CPO. I'm in the New England area.

The salesman we are working with was not at the dealership when I dropped by to check out the car so a service man allowed me to test drive the car. I'll be checking the service reports and getting a detailed car history tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Seems like a good deal to me!
    Grab it before some else beats you to it!

And enjoy!!!!
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,250
    Looked on autotrader and saw several cpo's with half the miles for 2k less. And that was asking price -- with the economy expect to get them for less. Maybe not as loaded but those exras like nav don't translate into the resale equation for more than $200. In my opinion the miles are too high at 26k to justify that price when you can find one with less than 15k. Found one in norwood for 37k and 18k miles.
  • Thanks Jayrider.

To be honest - the 26k miles is the only thing that is a concern to me... I checked the Norwood website and I believe the car with 18k miles for $37000 is a 528xi.
    I was looking at a 535xi.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,250
    Sorry -- the 535 is a different animal. Make sure to fasten your seatbelt. ;)
  • millwood0millwood0 Posts: 451
    "The dealer is offering a certified pre-owned 2008 535xi with 26k miles for $38500."

we looked at a 535 wagon a few years ago and it would have cost us over $60k.

so a 1-2 yr old sedan with just 26k miles (nothing for a modern car) is a steal.
  • Thanks for the tips. I did put in a offer on friday and the dealer said he would get back to me yesterday. Ofcourse, he did not. I will wait for his manager's reply tomorrow and may be counter offer. Will keep you guys posted.
  • Bought the car yesterday for $38360.

This car is fun :)

Thanks for the help guys...
  • gardisgardis Posts: 185
    Congratulations Happy! Sounds like you are very happy with it. Good Luck. I think that was a fair price. Funny they only took off a couple of hundred dollars, just like my deal, they wanted $36,900 I ended up paying $36,200. Still I was happy with it, and I love my car. Thanks, keep us posted.

Gardis in CT