Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• phylpphylp Posts: 49
    Addu:

Congrats on a very good deal. I am driving an '08 535i and loving it. But, I am considering trading to a 2011 model similar to yours.

Muchas gracias for the post.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,407
    Congrats on your new 528i! Enjoy it!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Congrats, you got a very good deal.
    My wife loves her 535I. She says this every day!!! Enjoy!!
  • Hey ND,

the car was listed for 31K and I got it for 26,300 , I got it from Benz dealer at freehold , NJ , they keep getting new BMWers ever couple of weeks, the trick is to buy BMW from a none BMW dealer.

I already did a service on BMW with no issue as the car is CPO.

Best luck on your shopping.
  • This should not be issue if the car is CPO , all dealers in USA ( I assume Canada too ) will perform the service. Just make sure its CPO , ask and validate with BMW using the car VIN number.

also once you buy it , call BMW customer care and update the car info with your information for all recalls and offers , etc...

good luck.
  • Hello

Could you please provide me your dealer info on your 528 purchase? Im looking to buy 528i with Nav in next couple of weeks. Im in LA.

Thanks!
  • Dark Gray Metallic
    Black Leather
    ZWC Cold Weather Package
    Zpp Premium 1
    ZP2 Pemium 2
    465 Split fold-down-rear seat

List is $61650.00
    Sales Price: $53750, plus tax and $150 fee and reg.

less: $1000 loyalty incentive and $1000 Team USA driving certificate.

FINAL price $51750, plus tax and fees

I think this is pretty good deal
  • Nymini,

That is a great deal, I have been to 2 dealers in the last 2 weeks and I am considering buying a 2011 535i M sport package with premium 1 and 2 with a MSRP of $66,400 and the most both dealers are coming off the price is $3,500. Even with my car buying service with USAA their price for members is $5,000 off. Getting $7,900 off before the loyalty and team USA certificate is an outstanding price.
  • Which city/ dealership was this? Anyways, pretty good deal
  • nymininymini Posts: 10
    edited September 2011
    It is in NYC area. It seems like dealers in NYC area still have a lot of inventories.
  • and it is not a DEMO car?
  • Nope, brand new with 6 miles only
  • I am looking at two 2010 528ix's - both were dealer service loaners. Both about 24K miles, in service dates of Aug 09 and Dec 09 respectively. One is platinum gray / gray interior, the other jet black/black. Both very clean. Both offered at 38,900, neither is certified. I am thinking of having the one I choose certified to get the extra warranty and inspection. Likely I will get that included in the price. Is this a good price? Any comments on reliability / service? I have an older A6 now (99) that has been pretty good, but man when something does break it is expensive!
  • I am in the NY area. Can you share which dealership this was?
  • Exterior: Dark Graphite Metallic
    Interior: Oyster/Black Dakota Leather
    Trim: Anthracite Wood Trim
    Steptronic Automatic Trans
    Cold Weather
    Premium I & II
    Rear-view camera
    Heated front seats
    Park Distance Control
    Nav system
    Sirius w/ 1 year
    iPod and USB adapter

MSRP as config'ed: 61,175
    Sale Price: 54,995

Also a couple of questions for those in the know, how does the BMW loyalty program work? I currently drive a 2003 530i, does this have to do with where I originally purchased the vehicle?

It feels like a good deal, but I'm looking towards the buying wisdom of this forum for advice!

Thanks!
  • All -

Great forum that has helped me negotiate a good price on the car. I had a question regarding the Loyalty credit. I have what I believe is a pretty good price for a 2011 535i - dealership is in the Washington DC Metro area. However, I'm being told that I cannot get the $1000 loyalty credit because I am getting 3.9% financing via BMW Financial Services as that rate is supposedly a loyalty APR. From reading the incentives/rebates on this site, it appears that the financing at 3.9% isn't a loyalty APR, but just an incentive APR. Can someone clarify? Appreciate the help/advice!!
  • Dealers are in the Chicago area.
  • Curious what others may have said, I got a price of $52,204 on a 2011 535xi w/
    COLD WEATHER PKG (ZCW)
    FRONT & REAR PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (508)
    HARD DRIVE-BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM (609)
    HEATED FRONT SEATS (494)
    IPOD & USB ADAPTER (6FL)
    PREMIUM PKG (ZPP)
    REAR-VIEW CAMERA (3AG)
    SPLIT FOLD-DOWN REAR SEAT (465)
    8-SPEED SPORT AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (2TB)

$1,730 Option Credit (Requires Navigation Pkg, Exp: 10/31/2011)
  • 535xi, following features, price $53700 (MSRP 59700)

1. Imperial Blue Metallic
    2. Gray Dakota Leather
    3. Cold Weather package
    4. Premium Package
    5. Nav System
    6. Voice Command
    7. IPOD USB Adapter
    8. BMW Apps
    9. Split fold down rear seat
    10 Dark Wood trim.

also what is Nav Credit? Is it still available?

Thanks for any help.
  • Just had 550i delivered last week and got reasonable deal with residual support from BMW for existing 2011 inventory.

2011 550i
    Graphite/Oyster
    M package
    Prem 2
    Sport Auto
    BMW Apps

$71125 Sticker, neg. sale price $66744
    12 K miles, 36 mos. residual .61 and money factor .00155 with loyalty
    $2173 total drive off and payment $801/mo. before CA sales tax

Love this car so far. Turned in 08 M3 conv. and this car might be just as fast and handles great with the Sport + setting, then great comfort and luxury in normal mode. This model 550i is nearly the same size as my old 2006 750i but much better drive.

Drove the 535i and really liked it too and great engine, but with the lease residual support the 550i cost difference was minimal so got the power I really wanted.