Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1193194195196197199»

Comments

• r4bmwr4bmw Posts: 2

Thanks Konacough - I got a $493 per month for a 12K lease for 36m on a $55825 MSRP with $0 down and 7 MSD. I think it is quite competitive for the bay area.

• Yes no need to constantly pimp bimmerfest, it's not all that. Just another forum. Pricing is much more competitive in the Bay Area.
  • konacougkonacoug Kailua-KonaPosts: 163

that is not true about the Bay Area....I have been following many posts on the various BMW forums and the deals offered in So Cal, tend to be more competitive. This is all relative to being an educated consumer and willing to negotiate for the best deal.

• I was looking for a used 2012-13 BMW 528i in So Cal in the price range of $40-43k. I found one 2012 around $41k but it was sold the next day. Then the dealer showed me a used 2014 528i with a few thousand miles. This came with the Driver Assist Package. I ended up bought this car for $43.7k plus tax. Although it's not brand new, I considered this a good deal. Any thoughts?

• gdmstrbgdmstrb Posts: 5

How are we looking this month in terms of MF and Residuals for 36 months (10 or 12k)? Thanks in advance.

• kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,879

Which model?

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

@bmwnewfan said: I was looking for a used 2012-13 BMW 528i in So Cal in the price range of $40-43k. I found one 2012 around $41k but it was sold the next day. Then the dealer showed me a used 2014 528i with a few thousand miles. This came with the Driver Assist Package. I ended up bought this car for $43.7k plus tax. Although it's not brand new, I considered this a good deal. Any thoughts?

Hard to say without more info....what was the original MSRP and the invoice price? This is a used car and I should think you of been able to buy it for at least 3k below invoice.

• The MSRP was $52,725 and the invoice was about $48,560. I paid $43,680. This is almost $5k below the invoice price.

• Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

sounds like a very nice deal....happy driving!

• xhlar8cfxhlar8cf Posts: 9

Is this a good deal on a 2014 535xdrive luxury line mineral white

MSRP: $66230 CP: 10% = $59k 36 month lease 12k miles MF: .00170 (last month .00125) Residual: 60% Pay TTF ($3500) out of pocket $740 / month

What are your thoughts on the tire wear and tear? This is not factored What are your thoughts on the wear and tear extra fee for the car?

Thanks everyone

Base MF is .00130, so they are marking that up the maximum amount. Wear and tear insurance is usually very expensive for what you get. The car is covered by a warranty.. Your auto insurance will cover accidents. I think you could get any dings or stains fixed easily, if needed, for the amount they charge for the insurance. They always sell those things as "just drop the car off and don't worry about a thing", but you still have to file a claim with an insurance company to use it... I'd take a big pass on that.

• xhlar8cfxhlar8cf Posts: 9

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to figure out whether or not January or February are good deals. I"ve been told to wait till March. Specifically with the weather and how awful it's been around the country.

So can you negotiate the MF? My credit is excellent so I don't think it will be a problem. Also what are normal fees that can either be negotiated or reduced. Do you recommend putting the taxes etc. in the lease?

Thanks again!

@xhlar8cf said: Is this a good deal on a 2014 535xdrive luxury line mineral white

MSRP: $66230 CP: 10% = $59k 36 month lease 12k miles MF: .00170 (last month .00125) Residual: 60% Pay TTF ($3500) out of pocket $740 / month

What are your thoughts on the tire wear and tear? This is not factored What are your thoughts on the wear and tear extra fee for the car?

Thanks everyone

I answered about your deal in the other forum....board sponsor is correct, wear and tear is a bad deal. Remember, if they are pushing that on you, it is a big profit center. It is never a good idea to purchase any of the crap they try to sell to you in finance.

@xhlar8cf said: Thanks for the info. I'm trying to figure out whether or not January or February are good deals. I"ve been told to wait till March. Specifically with the weather and how awful it's been around the country.

So can you negotiate the MF? My credit is excellent so I don't think it will be a problem. Also what are normal fees that can either be negotiated or reduced. Do you recommend putting the taxes etc. in the lease?

Thanks again!

You can only negotiate a marked-up money factor. The base rate is as low as you can go. That really doesn't have anything to do with your credit. That is the dealer marking up the financing for extra profit.

If taxes are due upfront in your state, I always recommend rolling them into the payment.

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,937
    edited January 28

Please visit the 2014 BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion for current model year deal talk. Thanks!