Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lamplamp Posts: 20
    forgot to mention, it is a 07 530i
  • tinocotinoco Posts: 18
    It is in fact $625.00 - if you have not signed the deal yet, run... what is the deal you have on the table now? Let me know I may be able to help you a little bit. What state do you live in?
    I got a 530i recently - msrp of 54,070.00 paid $900.00 over invoice, no down payment, I included 4 security deposits, each sec. deposit is equal to one months payment, however you get this money back when you return the car at the end of the lease - the purpose if this is to lower the Money Factor. My monthly payment, including tax is $585.00 - did a lot of work to get to this point but well worth it. You can email me if you'd like and I can give you the dealership and the salesperson I dealt with. Good Luck!
  • Here it is:

MSRP: $47,470 (includes premium pkg and auto transmission)
    Dealer Discount from MSRP: $2475 (this is $1070 over invoice)
    MF = .00070
    Acquitision Fee: $625

I don't really care if the dealer makes his margin on marking up the MF, marking up from invoice, or marking up the acquisition fee, as long as the TOTAL markup is reasonable. I could have negotiated a .00050 MF, but he'd just respond by reducing the dealer discount equally, so what would be the point? This is a reasonable deal - actually this is a VERY GOOD DEAL.

If I do 10,000 miles/year (63% residual), $3100 down (also known as "cash cap reduction"), my monthly payment is $432. In this event, my security deposit is $450.

If I do 12,000 miles/year (62% residual), $3100 down, my monthly payment is $445. In this event, my security deposit is $450.

If I do 15,000 miles/year (60% residual), $3100 down, my monthly payment is $473. In this event, my security deposit is $500.

Obviously, if I decease the down, my monthly payments will increase. (Don't ask why I chose $3,100!)

For those who assisted, thanks for your help. I pick it up January 13.
  • forgot to mention, it's a 36 month lease.
  • Hi - Lamp:

Sorry for the delay, last minute Christmas shopping you know! I found a good guy at Nick Alexander Imports, in a rather rough area of LA, which means lower overhead and few walk-ins ... meaning people who seek them out get better deals. Talk to Ed in the Internet sales group, say you are Lamp and I will let him know. Best part, one price, one try, super easy.

Good luck.
  • All I can say is SWEET deal ... how many miles and options, etc.?
    15k, premium, sports, auto - all I really needed..
  • MSRP: $63,065
    Asking Price: $60,179
    $4k to drive off (tax, title, , license, acquistion)

36/36K @ $715 a month

Is this a good deal?

Here are the specs:

2007 530xiT

Auto, Premium, Nav, cold weather, Logic 7, sat radio,
    comfort access, park distance control, rear seat heaters,
    rear window shades
  • I'm looking to take advantage of cheap leases from BMWFS and pick up a new 5 series before the end of the year. Has anyone had a particularly good (or bad?) experience in the Washington DC area? How much over invoice should I be shooting for?
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    Is that Canadian dollars??
  • I lurked here for a couple of weeks and pulled down a lot of knowledge, THANKS!!
    Rate this:

Was talking to 3 dealers for +3 weeks. Conveniently 2 of the dealers sold the car I was working on. Told them I was working on a deadline of Dec. 23 for a XMAS gift. Came thru w/ a good deal in my opinion:

525i - black on black leather
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Xenon lights

$1,020 drive off - $595 a month/36 months/15,000 mpy
    Residual $$ - $32,600

MSRP - $52,927
    60% Residual
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,851
    Great deal!!

Congratulations on the new car...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• How about this Lease deal:

2007 530i (Premium, Logic7, Winter, Heater and Fold Down Back Seats)
    MSPR $52770

Price Paid ED $47272
    MF .00080
    Residual 60%
    Term 36 months
    Miles 15k/yr
    Upfront(Lease Renew)$625 + tags + (7) MSD's

Monthly (PA Tax INCL) $499.30
  • hi all
    2007 530 msrp 54870
    nav, premium parktronic auto
    zero down, zero drive off, zero security
    668/month
    36 month 15000/yr
    any thoughts on it
  • Can you tell me what dealership?
  • new century BMW in Southern Cal
    Bald headed Chinese guy
  • BMW of Mountainview in Northern Cal. I went in and met the salesrep I'd been working with, so intuitively, I feel a bit better.

But in general, I think its odd that there is no "lease contract" in place or deposit required, in order to bind both the dealer and the lessee, prior to date of delivery (which in my case, is January 13).
  • mftmrtmftmrt Posts: 17
    With 7 security deposits, is the lowest mf rate .00011 or is it .00008?
    With the initial security deposit plus 6 extra MSDs, the lowest MF is .00008

• Can you share dealership?
  • gctngctn Posts: 3
    I just leased a 07 530i. MSRP 52880 (cold, premium, split seats, auto). My cost: 50140 ($1000 over invoice).

.00008 MF (0.19% interest rate)
    5x Security Deposits
    $2500 down

$490 a month. 15k a year. 36 months. (Nashville BMW- Robert)
  • Any thoughts on this potential deal?

2006 530i, NAV, DVD, SAT, Premium, Cold, Steptronic with 12K miles for $43500?

Or am I better off leasing?
    Lease deals are still very good on the 5-series... Not quite as good as last month, but close..

If you are comfortable with leasing, I think it is a better deal than buying, on this model.

• Thanks for the reply. Are the best deals only on the 525i and 535i models? I see an MF of
    .0009 for those two cars and a .0016 for the xi. Is this correct?
    525i = .00065

525Xi = .0014

530i = .0009

530Xi = .0016

• This forum is just fantastic. I relied on it 3 years ago when I leased my first 525, and it came through again for me this time.

Last month, I ordered a 2007 525i PP, CWP, Navi, Sirius, manual tranny (the only way to fly).

MSRP: $49,440 (includes destination)
    Sale price: $46,640
    36 Mos/10K Miles per year
    Money factor: .0005
    Resid: 63%
    $0 down payment
    Monthly payment: $497.41 including tax

I am paying sec dep ($500), 1st month, $625 acquisition, title transfer fee up front. I'm getting a 1K rebate from BMWCCA (awesome club benefit). The dealership is also enrolling me in its premium customer program (a $500 fee that was free to me) which gives me a dollar-for-dollar credit toward the purchase of my next bimmer for every dollar that I spend in the service department, plus a free annual detailing, free car washes all year, BMW loaners, free pick up/drop off, blah, blah, blah.
    I pick it up in a couple of days, and I'm thrilled.

Listen to the mods here and in the Lease section! Get the $625 acq fee. Don't pay more than the buy rate for the MF. You can do it.

Don't go into the dealership until it's time to sign. Emailing is your friend. Once the dealerships start bidding against each other, you gain control. You must create competition. Some dealers will start by indignantly telling you that there is no way they are accepting your offer. Fine, if they can get more money for the car, they should sell it to someone else. But this is the second time that I got multiple dealerships to bid against each other. It takes patience and persistence (and leasing right before the 2008 refresh goes into production ;) ).
  • You can get a good deal. Yes, use email and several dealerships.

Negotiate the lowest cost. I got a 530i, premium, step, cold weather, HD radio: MSRP: 52,500; my price $50,000. $1K back from BMWCCA.

Then negotiate the lease: in my case, 0 down, no security payments, MF .0007, 36 months, 12K, $470/mo before local sales tax.

Then refuse to concede repairs on your turn in. They wanted $600 for scratches. I said I'd do $100 for 1 hour tech time to shoot and polish it and told them I'd walk if that wasn't good enough. They agreed.

Bottom line: it's all one deal. Don't let them try to get you to negotiate the buy, the lease and the turn-in with three different people. Think of it as one deal. Be pleasant but firm -- and fair. I was ready to pay a few bucks for scratches, just not the outrageous price they wanted.

Again, be preapred to walk -- and walk if you don't get what you want. Don't get mad. As long as the deal you propose is fair, be confident in your position.

Remember: BMW's are a commodity, not some kind of special item. Buy it like a commodity.

Good luck.
  • how did you get a MF of .0007 w/o multiple security deposits when the buyrate for this model is .0009?

Thanks