Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wolfer2wolfer2 Posts: 10
    I ordered my 535xi on June 29. My dealer just told me it shipped on July 23 and is scheduled to arrive August 11. It supposedly take another 7-10 days to get to the dealer. That would be just over 7 weeks.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,588
    Heard from my dealer that my 535 (ordered 6/13) is now in L.A. and will be at the dealer early next week. Unfortunately with my current lease being up on 8/23, I don't want to turn it it THAT early, so I'll probably wait until 8/6 to pick it up.

What would others do with this "dilemma"?
  • tocheer4tocheer4 Posts: 9
    1500 over invoice. .002 MF 62% residual 12,000 、yr
  • rkmamidi1rkmamidi1 Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2005 BMW 525i at Chapman BMW in Phoenix, AZ for 39,000 OTD Including the TTL. The car is a Certified Pre Owned BMW with Premium pkg and also Sports pkg but doesn't have Navigation. Let me know if this a good Price for this car.
  • luckylouluckylou Posts: 308
    Good morning kyfdx

The last two letter of BMW FS what does it stand for ??
    I have been trying to decide whether or not to lease or buy .
    Could you tell the do's and the do not's ? What would a good deal be ?
    This be could our first BMW and the first time for leasing.
    We would like to get the 2008 BMW 535xi Touring.
    Thank you
    Lou
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    FS = Financial Services (I believe)
  • luckylouluckylou Posts: 308
    Hi tay

Thank you.

Lou
    I posted 1500 over invoice. .002 MF 62% residual 12,000yr based on the negotiation with Bellevue Washington dealer. I went in this past Sat. paid 1,000 deposit. Then Sunday night I saw an email said that MF is actually 0.0027 for non BMW lessor. They knew I am not a BMW lessor for a while. I can't image a BMW dealer is as bad as KIA dealer. I filed my complaints to BMW regional office and canceled the deal. What a bad experience. I am going to wait until the lot is filled up with 2008 models, then to buy. Instead of waiting for months.
  • hpia4v2hpia4v2 Posts: 62
    Is this a 528, 535 or 550? The lease rate back in June for 550i was lot lower than 535i. BTW, it's true that BMW gives lower lease rate for returning customer.
    I can feel your pain trying to get deals in WA state. Last June, the best deal I got was $2200 over Edmund's invoice (no other bogus charges what-so-ever though).

At BMW bellevue, try David Ly; he is a straight shooter kinds guy.
    Good luck
    If the guy names Gerth Robert told me up front, I have no problem to have it. But after all things inked and I paid deposit, then made the change, it pissed me off.
  • Looking at buying a 2008 535i BMW , WASH res.

What should I pay over invoice on this car can someone help me out.

This is what they are trying to charge me . LOL w/$1500 off.

Looking to lease the car reasonable. With out getting taken.

What should my down be?? if any HELP HELP HELP THANK YOU..

MSRP $49,400
    Options and accessories $9,400
    Destination charge $775
    Total price as built* $59,575

BMW 2008 535i Sedan

Space Gray Metallic

Black w/Leather Upholstery with Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim

Sport Package

Sport Automatic Transmission w/Shift Paddles

Premium Package

Navigation System

Comfort Access

iPod/USB Adapter

Park Distance Control

Or something very close with the same options or more ?

Willing to get out of the PORTLAND/VANCOUVER area to purchase if I have to ....
  • hpia4v2hpia4v2 Posts: 62
    What is your target price as far as selling price?
    I heard good thing about Delon in Salem OR, but mostly for ED (European Delivery).
  • sg678sg678 Posts: 3
    Planning to buy the following. Looking for advice on
    any specific dealer to choose/avoid.

Also, any idea on pricing. What would be the
    optimal price to pay for the following.

Thanks

Packages/Options:
    Sport Package $2,800
    STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission $0
    Premium Package $2,300
    BMW On-Board Navigation System $1,900
    Power Rear Sunshade/Manual Rear Side Window Shades $575
    iPod/USB Adapter $400
    Park Distance Control $700

Accessories:
    None Selected
    MSRP $44,300
    Options and accessories $8,675
    Destination charge $775
    Total price as built* $53,750
  • My dealer is offering me a recently traded in 2007 530 xi, with 11000 miles, CPO for purchase at $44k. I am wondering if this is a good deal. It is a loaded vehicle,with a sticker of 55k.

I would have to sell my 04 x3 that has 44k miles, and hopefully get around $25.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!!
  • All,
    i am looking for a 2008 550i sport. does anyone know what the approx current pricing is with respect to invoice and if there are any lease incentives?
    thanks in advance.
    James
  • I was just quoted about 3K over invoice. Lease with taxes in payment and drive off of just first payment and dmv of 1160 x36 mos with 15K miles per year. It had Logic 7, sat, Nav, sport package. Not sure if it's a good deal. Car is very quick but the 535 is just about as fast and 7-8K cheaper.
    They claim that they are rare cars and will be much more aggressive on the 535's- about 1,500 over invoice.
    Let me know what you find out there.
    I was just quoted about 3K over invoice. Lease with taxes in payment and drive off of just first payment and dmv of 1160 x36 mos with 15K miles per year. It had Logic 7, sat, Nav, sport package. Not sure if it's a good deal. Car is very quick but the 535 is just about as fast and 7-8K cheaper.
    They claim that they are rare cars and will be much more aggressive on the 535's- about 1,500 over invoice.
    Let me know what you find out there.

I don't know about you, but to me with virtually the same performance, the 535 made more sense and for several thousand less. I'm getting just under 26mpg. in mixed driving, also a bonus. It's almost a no brainer.
  • I don't know about you, but to me with virtually the same performance, the 535 made more sense and for several thousand less. I'm getting just under 26mpg. in mixed driving, also a bonus. It's almost a no brainer.

Yes, I tend to agree. If performance is almost equal with better milage, it does make sense.
    Did you get the Xi? What transmission did you get? Do you have the new paddle shift trans?
    What options did you get? Run flats-good or bad?
    Thanks,
  • Thanks for the pricing information. I did not have time to test drive one yet, but am hoping to end up in the $1500 over invoice range if i decide to go forward with it. i agree that the 535i makes a lot more financial sense. the only reason that i would go for the 550 is the sport package - i love the look of it. i'll let you know what i find out, probably next week.
  • Yes the SP 550i is great looking. But it is very expensive compared to the 535 and the performance is almost identical. It's about 8K more- you could get the aero kit on the 535 but it's 3K (ouch) and since it's added at the port they told me that you can't residualize it, so take the 3K add interest and divide by number of months of lease. But you know what, in the end you have to throw logic out the window when you get a luxury car. Get the one that makes you happy and to hell with anything else. As someone else here said so aptly, if it was only about economics and transportation, we'd all be driving Accords or Camrys. Enjoy!
  • Im getting a 2008 528 Monaco blue with no options for 43,100+TTL

Good deal or can i do better??
  • skobolaskobola Posts: 207
    Hematochez, the good deal depends on where you are buying your 5-er. For example, in Miami they go for only a couple of $100's less then MSRP, and mostly towards the ends of months, when dealers have to make their quotas. Which is why I buy/lease my Bimmers elsewhere. Just for your reference, the invoice for your car is $41,530, and there is an opinion that Bimmers can be gotten for about $1,000 above invoice, which may open a possibility for you to try to negotiate additional $500 discount to the already discounted price.
    Yes, I tend to agree. If performance is almost equal with better milage, it does make sense.
    Did you get the Xi? What transmission did you get? Do you have the new paddle shift trans?
    What options did you get? Run flats-good or bad?
    Thanks,

I don't have the Xi and have a six speed slush box without paddle shifters. It's a lease and with a lot of options, I had to draw the line somewhere. The only thing I'm sorry I didn't get were the comfort seats. Owning a BMW with it before, I'm one of the relatively few who doesn't like the SP.
  • I am working a deal to lease a BMW at "1K over invoice". When I presented the sales person with the Edmunds invoice pricing sheet, he told me that there are "manufacturing fees" for 480 that are not included by Edmunds". Is that true or just a way to make an extra 480?
    I will negotiate it down anyway but just wanted to know what is the total "invoice price" I should be working with.
    Thanks
  • Is there a specific reason, u do not like th SP..
    I am in a big dilemma over that myself and would
    be great to hear your opinion.

Thanks
  • You have to drive them back to back- sport and non- and then decide what you like. I thought that I didn't want the sport again because of the needed winter tire changes where I live. But after driving both, I liked the way the sport looked and handled so much better that I will put up with a little more expense and time to have the car that will make me happy. I think that ARS alone makes the sport package great and I've heard that the Sport Auto trans is great so that's what I'm going for. I think it best suits the personality of the car. But you have to see what YOU like best. There are no mistakes on owning a 5. You will love it either way.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,565
    There is a $180 training & services fee added to the invoice of every BMW that is not shown on websites like edmunds or kbb. Also depending on where you live (I live in New York), there may be a $300 MACO (advertising fee) assesed to each car.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• There is a $180 training & services fee added to the invoice of every BMW that is not shown on websites like edmunds or kbb. Also depending on where you live (I live in New York), there may be a $300 MACO (advertising fee) assesed to each car.

Yes, I live in NY and they are adding the 480.
    Is that something that can get reduced? Do I have to pay for their advertising fee?
    How would you play this?
    Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,572
    Once you settle on $1000 over invoice, then invoice is what they say it is. Yes, those are their costs, not yours, but you agreed to cover their cost (invoice).

You can tell them that when you agreed, you didn't realize they were going to add more costs over the invoice that is published on-line, and that you'd like a reduction. But, in my experience, Invoice + MACO/training + $1000 is probably as low as they are going to go.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• You can tell them that when you agreed, you didn't realize they were going to add more costs over the invoice that is published on-line, and that you'd like a reduction. But, in my experience, Invoice + MACO/training + $1000 is probably as low as they are going to go.

Is that a good deal on a 550i ordered as I want?
    Thanks