Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Olds Silhouette Starting Issues

artzorartzor Member Posts: 1
edited January 2015 in Oldsmobile
Hey guys and gals,

I just purchased an Olds Silhouette from a private buyer. First day home we had 20 below temps (without the wind chill) and it wouldn't start. Had AAA come out and jump it, still nothing. Had it towed in and found out the battery was shot and that the fuel lines had froze up. Replaced the battery and thawed out the van and good to go...for 3 days. Then I went out at the end of my work day and it wouldn't start. One short click when I turned the key, all the lights, radio, etc worked. Walked away from it for 2 or 3 minutes, went back and it started right up.

No issues for the next week, then today it did it again. One short click when I turned the key, everything lit up, but no ignition. Walked away for a couple minutes, came back and it started right up.

Any thoughts? My gut says starter but I'm far from an expert.

Thanks

Comments

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Perhaps starter, but I would take a closer look at cable connections first. I believe this would be side post battery and if the flat surfaces (kind of like washers) don't have good connection with each other you may see the sometimes works , sometimes doesn't work thing.