Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Eclipse or Hyundai Tiburon?

2»

Comments

• lngtonge18lngtonge18 Posts: 2,228
    5.25 is not the norm through regular banks. With excellent credit, the best Suntrust offers is 6.9. No credit buys you 12.75. And terrible credit would net you between 13-18%. So credit rates aren't as great as you may think.

As for the 000 deal on the Eclipse, why do you think the payments would be unbelievably high? If you make no payments for a year, your payments will be higher then if you did, but they won't be outrageous. In essence, you are taking on a 6 year loan, of which only 5 years you are required to make payments. Are you thinking that the 1 year of no payments counts as one of the 5 years, thus making it a 4 year loan? If so, that's not the case. At any rate, between these two cars, I would choose the Tiburon hands down, simply because I love its looks, inside and out. The Eclipse is ok looking, but nowhere near as stylish as the Tiburon. Plus, its extra 30 horses doesn't appear to make much of a difference. The GTS achieves 0-60 in 6.7 and the Tib GT in 7.1. However, the regular Eclipse GT gets to 60 in 7.0. The Tib's 7.1 sec run is pretty impressive for an engine rated at 170.
  • revdrluvrevdrluv Posts: 417
    So the resale values we are talking about here are pretty bad. If you buy one of these cars new, it stands to good reason that you would hold on to it for a while to avoid suffering a big loss. If you are going to be stuck with the car for a long time, and these two are so very equal in all areas, makes sense to get the one where parts are covered for longer. So with this reality I say the Tiburon gets the nod for its warranty.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    about the L.A. Lincoln dealers who have a promotion running: buy a Blackwood at full price, and get a brand new Cougar for free! Apparently invoice price of a Cougar is less than the profit margin on a new Blackwood sold at sticker.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• Mitsubishi December 02 programs allow buying a new Eclipse and getting 0% interest for 60 months. As for that Hyundai, the warranty is not backed by Hyundai, it is through a 3rd party & if they go out of business, your out of luck. Check each car for retention of original price, the Eclipse wins hands down.
  • You can get 0.0% on any 02-03 Eclipse.
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Posts: 2,228
    What in the heck are you talking about?? The Hyundai advantage is a Hyundai warranty backed by Hyundai. When you do warranty repairs, Hyundai is charged by the dealer. I have never heard such nonsense about 3rd parties. That's only true if you buy an aftermarket warranty on a used car. Let's not spread false info here to make your product sound better.
  • No, that is incorrect csandste. Any warranty given to a consumer can be null and void if the consumer does not follow the appropiate guidelines. If you do not take care of your car, and cause thousands of dollars of damage to it, the dealership has the right to void the warranty. Any outside mechanic can fix your car, but there is no gurantee it was done right. Bringing it to Hynudai only insures that you are protected.
  • skubesskubes Posts: 19
    My teenage son has pretty much convinced us to buy a 2003 Tiburon or Eclipse. But after I test drove each I am very concerned about visibility over the driver's left shoulder to see cars in the left rear quarter blind spot. There seems to be NO visibility to me! The headrest and pillar block it completely. I may be a boring old parent, but how do people drive these things - how do you safely merge left onto freeways, etc??
  • toyunkitoyunki Posts: 25
    2003 Hyundai Tiburon
    GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)
    STANDARD
    MSRP $20,522 TMV(true market value) $19,049
    Standard features

17 X 7 alloy rims
    215/45R17 Micheline tires
    Alarm
    leather package
    power package
    cruise
    A/C
    Infinity 360 watts CD sound system w/subwoofer

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse
    GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
    MSRP $24,752 TMV(true market value)
    $22,514

Standard Options
    5 spd
    17 X 6.5 rims
    215/50R17
    leather package
    power package
    cruise
    A/C
    Infinity 210 watts
    Standard Features are almost same With MSRP
    Tiburon is $4,200 cheaper

With TMV Tiburon is $3,465 cheaper

if you don't have good credit then interest offer does not matter BUY TIBURON. instead American touring coupe Eclipse. with same engine, and chassis Chrysler's Sebring looks better.

if You have Great credit rate

Eclipse for 0% for 36 month
    $22,514+(Sales tax 7%)$1,576
    $24,090
    36 month $669/month
    60 month with %2.9: $432/month

Tiburon for %5 (with great credit most banks today offer uner 5% interest for 5 years)
    $19,049+$1,333
    $20,382

60 month $385/month
    total include interest
    $23,100 60 month interest $2780

Even with my good credit I can't pay $670 per month And most others are same. If I pay $670, I will buy BMW. or Mercedes C-coupe which cost about $3,000 more than Eclipse.
  • It might be $670 but the car would be payed off when you are just in the middle of your BMW/MB loan. Also you have to factor in the one year of deferred payments that Mitsu is offering.

Neither one is at the top of their class so just buy the one you can live with the most. Neither is going to break records come trade-in time.
    I made mistake as edmunds price. Edmunds' price was including most expensive package option cost about $1600. But Eclipse doesn't include option in its price.

So differece will be more than $5,000 between Eclipse GTS and Tiburon GT basedon of standard model with above listed features.

it will be around $17,400 for Tiburon GT 6 spd.
    including DES Charge. Which is almost cheap as Civic EX.
  • The Tiburon looks like a million bucks while the Eclipse look like $100.The Tiburon looks like an expensive Italian sports car.
  • bucks compared to just about everything else on the road. I have my eye firmly planted on one of them for my next car. Too good of a deal to pass up. You can get an I-4 16-valve DOHC w/5-speed tranny and loads of standard features(all I'd want)for around $15,999. With great looks like that the offer is too good to overlook. I've been following the reliability reports from the first year of the new Tiburon model and they've been generally really good. People have had some issues with failing moonroof operation and chipped paint around their spoilers and/or door sill. Of course the warranty covers the fixes on those. The basic powertrains are performing well-people are occasionally having trim-related problems-ticky-tack pickups that are annoying but nothing to stop one that wants one of these beautiful sports cars from buying one.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

2»
This discussion has been closed.