Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Ranger vs Toyota Tacoma

1141516171820»

Comments

• tbunder1tbunder1 Posts: 257
    i like how you make up an alias on this forum, only to agree with the points you just made with "lle", or pluto the 2nd.

all that you type is your opinion. 'the tacoma can't be beat'. where does the ranger NOT beat it? tell me that.

as far as the ranger's rear diff being larger, it is. if you look at the tacoma's rear diff, it is not as big as you think. it may be 8.4 in the middle, but it quickly gets smaller. the rangers 8.8 is larger across the whole assembly, quickly distinguishing that is has heavier duty parts inside.

as far as the power/torque/weight issue goes, that's a very poor argument. show me some real proof that it makes any difference at all. the new magnum makes like 375 horse in a ram 1500. the SD 5.4 makes 260 and weighs lots more. are you going to tell me that the ram 1500 is more of a truck than the SD? i hear your jealousy loud and clear. this is all you have to go on since the ford 4.0 and the jeep 3.7 both make more power and torque than your little 3.4.

i wonder who i'd be if i came up with an alias on edmunds. im sure this 'lle' guy just subscibed tonight and had a gob of positive toyota stuff to belt out. that's what people do right? subscribe all of a sudden to edmunds, and start spewing out tacoma facts and why its better than this, and remember this and remember that. hilarious.

i love how pluto quietly admits he was mistaken. he doesn't address it at all.
  • tbunder1tbunder1 Posts: 257
    remember that the S10, of which you think of when you think of a bad truck, it's twin the Sonoma won JD Powers award for best compact truck last year. aren't you contradicting yourself, woops, i mean "lle"? he brags up on jd powers and how toyota almost always wins, i guess he didn't check to see who won it last year huh?

pluto, if you were a terrorist, you'd have 'TERRORIST' written across your forehead. can you say obvious?
  • "i like how you make up an alias on this forum, only to agree with the points you just made with "lle", or pluto the 2nd."

>>I already explained to midnight_caballo that I take great pride in proving you clowns wrong time and again, and I wouldn't want to share my victories with fictitious characters.

I believe it is YOU that uses different aliases here at Town Hall. After all, you were using the name "tbunder" before, and now you're using "tbunder1." Both posters would write the same dribble. What's that? Oh yeah, you forgot your own user name!!! No wonder you can't keep all the facts in this discussion straight...

"all that you type is your opinion. 'the tacoma can't be beat'. where does the ranger NOT beat it? tell me that."

>>How about reliability, resale value, build quality, off-roading, and customer satisfaction surveys, recalls...Guess you forgot about those, along with your name.

"as far as the ranger's rear diff being larger, it is. if you look at the tacoma's rear diff, it is not as big as you think. it may be 8.4 in the middle, but it quickly gets smaller. the rangers 8.8 is larger across the whole assembly, quickly distinguishing that is has heavier duty parts inside."

>>Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But it isn't 2" bigger like you bragged (what's with your preoccupation about size, anyway?). But if the Ranger has heavier duty parts inside, why are they having problems with their differentials exploding in parkinglots, LOL!?!?!?!?!

"as far as the power/torque/weight issue goes, that's a very poor argument. show me some real proof that it makes any difference at all..."

>>Show you proof that power/weight ratio makes a difference?? Obviously, to you it doesn't, because you bought that overweight and underpowered (everybody else's concensus, not just mine) Jeep Liberty. If you want to be ignorant, fine. But you should hide your ignorance and quit asking these "show me proof 2+2=4" questions because you're only hurting your image more...

"i love how pluto quietly admits he was mistaken. he doesn't address it at all."

I've openly admitted I was mistaken about the Tacoma's limited slip. That had to do with erroneous information posted on the internet. I even provided the link which said the Tacoma had a limited slip. If I make a mistake, it's usually due to erroneous information, not "facts" I pull out of thin air. And I don't go back and delete my posts...

"pluto, if you were a terrorist, you'd have 'TERRORIST' written across your forehead. can you say obvious?"

Didn't you think it would be OBVIOUS that you would be exposed as a liar when you bragged about jumping your Ranger and going stump-pulling in the woods here at Town Hall, yet you posted links to your E-bay advertisement stating the truck "had never been abused?"

Even if a terrorist had it written on his forehead, it probably wouldn't be obvious enough for you to notice...
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,807
    If you guys want to continue this personal battle, take it somewhere other than Town Hall. In email, in IM, anywhere but here.

This topic is done. If this fight comes up in another topic, that one will be shut down as well.

Stick to the trucks and stay off of each other.

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

This discussion has been closed.