Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VW Golf R32

Comments

• kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Posts: 1,747
    ...as VW has announced the re-introduction of the R32 in late 2007, as a 2008 model.

The new R32 is essentially an Audi 3.2 S-line (AWD, Haldex system, etc.), but with only 3 doors, different interior trim, and (before options and the inevitable dealer markups) estimated to price at $32K.

And as before, only 5000 per year will be imported.
  • jbgtijbgti Posts: 2
    Any comments on why I am finding a bucketload of r32's at the same price of just under 30k, but the prices arent reflecting mileage! Ive got a carmax r32 with 8kmiles within 10 miles of a 24kmiles identical car. What is driving prices? Demand? or the low production #'s as I see more r32's than I expected but for higher $.

Also, anyone answer this for me PLEASE. Is 2004 the only production year and I keep hearing 5,000 total. Is that accurate? no other years, or extra production??

Thanks
    previous 84 gti owner coming around
  • jbgtijbgti Posts: 2
    I answered my 2nd question and found a mound of r32 info at

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1285689

Still want opinions on these resale values hovering at original cost of car regardless of mileage.
  • golfr32golfr32 Posts: 6
    I'm on the Vortex as well, great group of people on there and usefull information.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,965
    I saw one with temporary tags today, and I could swear it was a brand-new model... very cool..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,965
    Looks like another year until we get that...

The one I saw must have been an '04, just re-sold..

Still... an awesome looking machine..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Are you going to wait for the MKV R32? When the new (MKV) R32 hits our shores, the old (MKIV) R32 price will drop, probably most car enthusiasts will jump on the new MKV R32
  • I just purchased a r32 with 20000miles, I'm in love with my new baby, I've been waiting for it anxiously. Now I'm interested in bringing it to the 1/4 mile track. I just purchased from the dealer a 5 years/100000m warranty. How could I bring more HP to the car without affecting the warranty???? please help now. thanks, patrick in Florida!
  • bettobetto Posts: 3
    I am getting ready to get a new set of tires for my R32. I have had so many problems with the high performance tires the car came with. I would like to get tires that work better in the city. Any suggestions? would I have problems with my warranty if I had different tires? Thanks
  • golfr32golfr32 Posts: 6
    congrats on your new ride. I have to say that no matter what you do to increase Hp, you will void your warranty. I'm the original owner of my R, and the very 1st year of ownership I purchased K&N's short ram intake system.
  • rallyfanrallyfan Posts: 36
    I SAT IN A NEW R32 AT A SO CAL DEALER TODAY GOT TO SIT IN IT ALSO BUT NO TEST DRIVE EVEN THOUGH I AM 47 VERY NICE 2 DOOR DARK GREY DSM 33K WITH A 5K MARKUP ONLY 5 THOUS. PER YEAR THEY ARE WORRIED BECAUSE OF THE FROMT PLATE WAS ALREADY MOUNTED THEY SAY MOST BUYERS DONT WANT IT ON VERY PICKY BUYERS
  • They want 5K over the asking price? that's just absurd
  • rmorin2rmorin2 Posts: 110
    Bought mine yesterday for $31.8K.
  • I need to order a spare for my newly acquired R 32 and will try the Audi TT as per your suggestion. What size (or is there only one?) do I need?
  • Just bought a used R 32 and would like ot buy the Monster Mats you reccommend. Where did you buy them? How much?
    I got my salesperson to throw them in on my deal. I think they retail at VW for around $100.
  • I bought a 2004 R32 I relly do not use the tires for in the snow and ice conditions
    here in Phila., Pa.. They are of no value. Anyone have any ideas how I can
    sell them. They have 50 miles on them if that.
    Try to sell them on line. There are several R32 forums. Someone might take them off your hands. Exactly what tires are they?
    My dealer is offering me a prepaid maintenance plan through VWoA. They offer plans ranging from 3 to 5 years and from 24 - 60K miles. Does anyone know what the dealer charges for the various factory recommended services at 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50K miles? Thanks.
  • Hi

Im having the same problem with STOP, Brake Fault light. Been to garage several times and no one can find whats wrong with it ?

Ive topped up the brake fluid, any suggestions now, really starting to bug me now !

Thanks