Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VW Golf R32

Comments

• kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Posts: 1,749
    ...as VW has announced the re-introduction of the R32 in late 2007, as a 2008 model.

The new R32 is essentially an Audi 3.2 S-line (AWD, Haldex system, etc.), but with only 3 doors, different interior trim, and (before options and the inevitable dealer markups) estimated to price at $32K.

And as before, only 5000 per year will be imported.
  • jbgtijbgti Posts: 2
    Any comments on why I am finding a bucketload of r32's at the same price of just under 30k, but the prices arent reflecting mileage! Ive got a carmax r32 with 8kmiles within 10 miles of a 24kmiles identical car. What is driving prices? Demand? or the low production #'s as I see more r32's than I expected but for higher $.

Also, anyone answer this for me PLEASE. Is 2004 the only production year and I keep hearing 5,000 total. Is that accurate? no other years, or extra production??

Thanks
    previous 84 gti owner coming around
  • jbgtijbgti Posts: 2
    I answered my 2nd question and found a mound of r32 info at

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1285689

Still want opinions on these resale values hovering at original cost of car regardless of mileage.
  • golfr32golfr32 Posts: 6
    I'm on the Vortex as well, great group of people on there and usefull information.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,476
    I saw one with temporary tags today, and I could swear it was a brand-new model... very cool..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Looks like another year until we get that...

The one I saw must have been an '04, just re-sold..

Still... an awesome looking machine..

• Are you going to wait for the MKV R32? When the new (MKV) R32 hits our shores, the old (MKIV) R32 price will drop, probably most car enthusiasts will jump on the new MKV R32
  • I just purchased a r32 with 20000miles, I'm in love with my new baby, I've been waiting for it anxiously. Now I'm interested in bringing it to the 1/4 mile track. I just purchased from the dealer a 5 years/100000m warranty. How could I bring more HP to the car without affecting the warranty???? please help now. thanks, patrick in Florida!
  • bettobetto Posts: 3
    I am getting ready to get a new set of tires for my R32. I have had so many problems with the high performance tires the car came with. I would like to get tires that work better in the city. Any suggestions? would I have problems with my warranty if I had different tires? Thanks
  • golfr32golfr32 Posts: 6
    congrats on your new ride. I have to say that no matter what you do to increase Hp, you will void your warranty. I'm the original owner of my R, and the very 1st year of ownership I purchased K&N's short ram intake system.
  • rallyfanrallyfan Posts: 36
    I SAT IN A NEW R32 AT A SO CAL DEALER TODAY GOT TO SIT IN IT ALSO BUT NO TEST DRIVE EVEN THOUGH I AM 47 VERY NICE 2 DOOR DARK GREY DSM 33K WITH A 5K MARKUP ONLY 5 THOUS. PER YEAR THEY ARE WORRIED BECAUSE OF THE FROMT PLATE WAS ALREADY MOUNTED THEY SAY MOST BUYERS DONT WANT IT ON VERY PICKY BUYERS
  • They want 5K over the asking price? that's just absurd
  • rmorin2rmorin2 Posts: 110
    Bought mine yesterday for $31.8K.
  • I need to order a spare for my newly acquired R 32 and will try the Audi TT as per your suggestion. What size (or is there only one?) do I need?
  • Just bought a used R 32 and would like ot buy the Monster Mats you reccommend. Where did you buy them? How much?
    I got my salesperson to throw them in on my deal. I think they retail at VW for around $100.
  • I bought a 2004 R32 I relly do not use the tires for in the snow and ice conditions
    here in Phila., Pa.. They are of no value. Anyone have any ideas how I can
    sell them. They have 50 miles on them if that.
    Try to sell them on line. There are several R32 forums. Someone might take them off your hands. Exactly what tires are they?
    My dealer is offering me a prepaid maintenance plan through VWoA. They offer plans ranging from 3 to 5 years and from 24 - 60K miles. Does anyone know what the dealer charges for the various factory recommended services at 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50K miles? Thanks.
  • Hi

Im having the same problem with STOP, Brake Fault light. Been to garage several times and no one can find whats wrong with it ?

Ive topped up the brake fluid, any suggestions now, really starting to bug me now !

Thanks
  • Hi there, im from Australia and thinking bout getting a r32 2004 model can anybody tell me about the maintainace on this car how costly it is ?and what are the common faults? and how is the car on fuel consumption ?their were only 200 brot into aust and about 6 04 models in the whole country for sale. can somebody anybody email me zsurtie@student.bond.edu.au

thank you
  • I love my R32-only one problem. I discovered the hard way that it has NO spare tire! Advice online suggested a TT type spare but I found that it is almost impossible to buy a spare tire-new or used.
    Good luck!
    PS
    I have an 88 Porsche Carrera and have a tough time deciding which one to drive!
    VW is now including a spare tire and wheel with the 08 R32. It is nicely stored in the trunk area under a cover, not outside the car, a very nice improvement over the 04 model.

I now have just over 2500 miles on my car and loving it. Mileage is steadily improving to about 23 mpg with about 75% highway. Can get 25 at a steady 65 mph.
  • 604doc604doc Posts: 182
    What number is yours? Mine is 2719. Gray with nav. Awesome car so far! I've got just under 500 miles on it. :D
  • tslbmwtslbmw Posts: 166
    604doc,
    So you got your new ride?? Congrats! Mine just hit 700 miles and I'm itchin to get to 1000 to try the launch control. If you mind me asking, did you get a good deal? Were you able to pull off $4K under invoice. Gray w Nav eh, you've gotta be stoked!

Congrats again. I'm loving mine.
    Apparently, you couldn't get both rebates, which I verified with another dealer. I got the car at invoice, minus $2,000, at 2.9%. They then discounted another 1500 or so to make up for the nav that I didn't want.
    I'm glad I got the nav now that I have it. It's not the most user friendly though. I really like the ipod interface, even though it doesn't display the track title on the screen, but I can skip through tracks on the ipod with the steering wheel controls.
    So far it's been great. I did have the "loose fuel cap" light come on out of the blue yesterday, but it cleared itself the next time I started it. I hadn't opened the cap in a week or so. Hopefully just a one time glitch.

It sure is hard keeping you foot out of the gas though!
    Didn't you just get a GTI? What happened to that? :surprise:

• tslbmwtslbmw Posts: 166
    Sounds like a great deal. And yeah, I agree with you on the nav system...pretty useless; however, since you got them to knock off another $1500, than a free nav sounds pretty sweet! :)

The gas cap thing was something they harped on upon delivery; and I told them I have owned VWs and Audis in the past and have grown to ignore the "check engine" light...although, I didn't realize they now have a seperate "loose fuel cap" light"...good idea VW.

In ref to the speed, I couldn't agree more. In fact my first two tanks have returned a sad 17.9 and 17.6 mpg (all around town, no interstate yet) and I know this is due to the way I'm driving it....but, I can't help it. Of course, I still have yet to use the "S" mode and have stayed inbetween 4K-5K on the tach; thus, i still haven't redlined it yet....imagine what my mpg will be when I start doing that. Oh well, I knew this when I bought it and I still love it....I just wish it had a bigger gas tank for a longer cruising range.

Enjoy your new ride and report back with an new updates (good and bad).
    Not me, I never considered the GTI due to FWD only. With all wheel drive, the R32 has no torque steer what so ever. I've never driven a GTI, but I assume there's some torque steer with it.
    Must have mixed you up with someone else..

Torque steer is not really an issue with the GTI, that I can tell..

But, congrats on the new car! Those are great deals!

This discussion has been closed.