Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac G6

Comments

• vcjumpervcjumper Posts: 1,110
    I feel like I'm hearing a broken record. I wonder if all the Honda forums are repetitive like this because of their blowing up 5-speed auto trannies which happen even on the regular none type S motors too.
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    If you wonder, go look. And I bet those forums have more than 22 posts!
    Too much work ! That was me just wondering out loud, like why is the Volvo s60 still in the Future Vehicles section. :-)

Lets just hope Pontiac takes their g6 interior styling cues via Holden from their soon to be flagship GTO.
  • carguy58carguy58 Posts: 2,303
    The reason they go cheap because probably they would raise the price up of the car alot if Gm decided to upgrade interiors in their cars.
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    why would that matter if the fricking car needs 4000 plus in incentives just to generate showroom traffic?

If a cavalier had a nice interior maybe they wouldn't have to have 4 grand in incentives on it. Maybe the they would only have 2500 rebate and the car would actually sell better because it would be something people wanted vs. having to buy.
  • carguy58carguy58 Posts: 2,303
    The Cavilier is also heavily discounted because its based on a 20 year old platform also not just because of the interior. I have seen the interior of the current Cavilier and its alright. Chevy will becoming out with the Colbalt soon as the Cavilier replacement in the Chevy line-up so lets see how that sells. I think Chevy is doing ok because of SUV's and the Impala is selling well. I have seen the 04 Malibu in pictures and the exterior is nothing to get excited about. GM really needs to fix Pontiac though. Cadillac and Chevy are doing well though.
  • orwoodyorwoody Posts: 269
    Just curious, nothing against the GA, but I thought this was the GP board
  • I heard a rumor that the G6 is going to replace the GA is this true? If so I think it will be a much better car than the current GA or any GA for that matter.
  • jkidd2jkidd2 Posts: 218
    I haven't gone back and read all the posts here, but thought I would share this incase nobody has done so yet....

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=6328&n=156,- 178&sid=178
    Unfortunately looks a lot taller than the g6 concept and the wheel wells/tire and wheels look small. Obviously the G6 concept was no lightly disguised production version but a different car. Headlights look about the same as Bu the way they stick out from the body.

Looks similar in profile to a Sebring sedan.

Hopefully this thing really is sporty and will be light on its feet/have handling dynamics similar or better than a TSX or Mazda 6.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    I would think that it would at least have a better interior that is Toyota/Honda quality levels.
  • http://media.gm.com a Sept 8th press release

Official name for the 2005 new model is "G6"
  • Yep, that name had leaked out some time before. I guess now it is official. Thanks for the catch!
    Looks a little better. Though some will probably be turned off by the same old same old pontiac grille
    http://info.detnews.com/autosinsider/sneakpeek/index.cfm

According to this article though there is no DOHC. LOL imagine a manual tranny on an OHV sport sedan! Woohoo rev to that 5500 RPM redline! Guess they are not trying to attract import sport coupe buyers.
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    G6 was touted to be some great new car and the concept looked really cool. Now they are going to tell me that this ordinary looking thing is the G6?
  • You would prefer it look like a Pontiac Aztec?
    I would prefer it looked somewhat similar to the concept and not a sebring with a grand am grille too.
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    go look up G6 on Google. It is a sweet looking design.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    What I would really like and would have expected from Bob Lutz is at least an interior that is Toyota/Honda quality levels and a car that has a DOHC engine to attract some other import buyers. (I'm fine with whatever engine they put into a car as long as I like how I'm getting the power and whether the engine is fuel efficient enough for daily use.)
  • "According to this article though there is no DOHC. LOL imagine a manual tranny on an OHV sport sedan! Woohoo rev to that 5500 RPM redline! Guess they are not trying to attract import sport coupe buyers"

looks like the accountants at GM won again!

5500 rpm redline, LOL! Lots of classic 'launch feel' from the aggressively geared throttle linkage!

the G6 concept was hot looking now this spy shot shows a car that is bland exterior like the base Mazda6.

So why get a G6 then? Just get the 6, it looks the same and the 6 will have superior mechanicals and interior.