Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac G6

Comments

• I am a gm technician there is a bulletin for that type of noise they say that some of the flywheel bolts are cross threaded rattling against the flywheel hopefully this might help.
  • i am a gm technician you are right some dealers dont do their job but if the problem is not there when you bring it in we cant fix it, we are technicians not magicians.
  • Every so often when I try to start my 08 G6, nothing happens. When I turn on the ignition switch, I am sure the electrics come on but nothing to the starter. I have notice this when I use the remote start as well. Has anyone had this problem and what should I start looking for? In a seperate issue, every so often I hear a peculiar noise that sounds like a paper bag inflating. This noise happens even when I am driving down the road. Any suggestions?
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    GM is offering preventative maintenance on my 08 Pontiac G6. This includes 4 complimentary oil changes, tire rotation, 27 point inspection. This is very nice of them. I was almost "not" going to open the mail which held this certificate. I normally glance at it, and its typically junk mail. But, was surprised to see them offering this. I thank them for this! This will get me through, planning to trade in the Spring or Summer though.
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 873
    I am surprised they offered it on the 08, have it for my 09.
    Well, I think they are calling the preventative service. Their cars may no longer be reproduced, but they have maintenance to prevent issues for the company. And to suck up to us a little bit. lol.
    The 08 would still be considered as it is still within the time frame of warranties.
    But, I was surprised to read further and have this little gift. Glad I actually took time to read it. This will be so nice, this will save a substantial amount of money on just this service.

I just wonder how GM is planning to pay for all of this and what their purpose really was.
    The way I see it, next time they want us to buy a Buick. Right now they don't have one I would want.
    The way I read the letter, GM and the dealer are paying.
    They also see it as a way to advertise new cars. There are many cases where a customer will look at new cars while the car is in the shop for a quick service. I know I have. Sometimes, they make a sale by doing this too. I am thankful for the gift from GM.
    I was going to let my change oil come on, have 7 K now, going in Monday to get the first one. I don't drive much so should get another.
    I just did a KBB trade value on my G6 and its devastating. I know its because the plummeting values of GM and economy, and perhaps will calm down.

Called GMAC customer service to request a pay off and was hung up on and was like pulling teeth. Very bad! Honda never treated me this way.
    You went from Honda to this, why?
  • I noticed a problem with my 2005 pontiac G6 recently. The heat only works when turned on high. Usually the heat has 4 notches from low to high. I do not know if the knob is broken or if the problem is something more. I have not taken the car to have anyone look at yet. Does anyone had the same problem or know of this problem?
    It was not by choice. I ended up signing 2 leases the same day. A person in my family had a lease come up and due to changing credit rating they were unable to lease another car. So I leased an 08 Jetta for them, however, VW would not allow me to keep the 06 Accord lease and the new VW lease. So, the dealer really put me in a bind, and well they were trying to help me. The manager then ran a GMAC on a G6 and knew they could get me into a G6 lease too. Which is what happened. I leased 2 cars. But, VW would not allow me to keep my Honda. But, yet GM (more casual with their credit) I am only 23.

Dealer did try to help me out, but....

Looking back on it, I should have slowed down and really looked into before doing anything. Who knows, Honda could have signed me too, then I could have had the car I wanted and my family is taken care of too. I was in a lot of pressure.

Lesson learned. There you have it. First experience and last experience with a GM product. See, I was never a GM person. Never did I think I was going to be looking at the GM side of the dealer. But did end up get a loaded G6 and a killer lease.
    Oh well right? I do love my G6. I have the salsa red color, tinted windows and when its clean. She looks great!! Stylish. Sporty looking. Miss the Honda though!!

Advice...Slow down, don't rush. Get what you want. At least I am close to being done with this car. Has lots of memories in it though.

Another good thing. I should have pretty good credit, since I lease 2 cars. Technically in the last 4 years, I have leased a total of 3 cars.
    Common problem, motor resistor.
  • mjb17mjb17 Posts: 1
    have had my g6 three years put brake on for the first time . they were sqealing my son scored the drums to keep it from sqealing they stop might try
    About 1 week and half ago, while getting my oil change... I decided to get my current pay off and trade in value. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was. The salesmen who helped me was even surprised. Now, it wasn't real pretty, but was within the number they thought it would be. Usually they said it was over the amount given to me. I don't have the real numbers in front of me.Sorry .. But, was excited that I am now slowly getting better numbers now, that means by summer, with a better lease special on a VW or Honda, I could potentially get out without too much damage. So, I walked in with a mind set of that it was going to be horrible, but it really wasn't bad.

I am about 1yr away from my lease end. Very excited. Not bashing the car, but it will be so nice to have my Accord or VW back. Whoohoo!! There is light at the end of the tunnel!!
    edited May 2010
    Ok. Some think that I perhaps complain a bit about my G6..lol. BUT.... I got back into my car last night 10:05pm after work. Guess what? Surprise!! I was wanting to roll down my windows and sure enough.....they will NOT roll down!!! Again!!

Realize that this is the 3rd time this has occurred!! Apparently, then it was a window switch triggering it, so they replaced the switch. Now what is it?

I sorta laughed about it...I am like really?? So I have had the car for 2 years now
    and have had silly issues with it.

1yr left!! Counting down!! I cannot imagine keeping this car after its warranty!
    Luckily my pay off is getting much lower now. There is light! :D
  • maddog0324maddog0324 Posts: 54
    Did you buy or lease? I have a 2008 G6 and this is the first that I've heard of it.
    I leased it! Thankfully! I can walk away from it. I take it to the dealer soon, I hope the find the actual culprit in which is causing the blowing of the window fuse. They though it was the window switch, so the 2nd time they replaced that. Now, the 3rd time....what is it? It is crazy. What if it was raining...I would have to drop it off at the dealer underneath the roofed garage area. That would be horrible. Thanks GM. lol
    I need any opinions about this:

I contacted my dealer yesterday for an appointment. I was going to bring it in yesterday on my day off. I have yet had time to bring the car in. They stated they cannot see my car until next Wednesday! I told them that this is really disappointing. I am sorta mad about this. It is my windows!!! Their all up, but I simply cannot roll them down. This is not my fault, and I feel like this is my punishment. Makes me feel like that if anything goes wrong that it'll have to wait!! The dealer stated that they service more cars now. That is fine, but when do you draw the line.

I almost feel like I need to tell them that I am dropping my car off, then they will need to put me in a car(even though I do not want to leave my car!) So that they can fix it! This is almost unacceptable.

What would you guys do? I am just more frustrated than anything else. It is just windows. But having to wait just for a diagnoses, then not even potentially getting it fixed is just crazy!
    When I call for a appointment I go by there schedule, they have more than one car to repair. I never expected special treatment.
    I never stated that I wanted special treatment. ? :)
    Update:

An electronic module that controls a few of the components such as the buttons, A/C, etc. It is causing the fuse to go out each time. It seems to take a while each time, but will happen again unless this is replaced. So, yet another silly issue with my car. lol. They were more than accommodating, they are willing to come and get my car from work if need be so that work can be done.

So, I am over it. It's their car.
    Hello All!!

Okay, I am curious to what warranties apply to me now. I currently have 37,000 miles on my 2008 G6. It is a lease. I can only have 39,000. But, I am wondering if I am over any type of warranty now. There is no way I will make it until next July 11' for my lease turn in. If I go over my 39,000, then what covers me?

I am still in huge debate whether to get out before going any higher in mileage, but now its a question of warranty that I am not too clear on. I certainly won't be paying anything out of my own pocket for this car.

Thanks for your help!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,897
    You're responsible for any out-of-warranty repairs. Even though it is only a lease so it's not technically your car, you are responsible for upkeep on the vehicle. If something isn't functioning properly on the vehicle when you turn it in, and it's out of warranty, you'd likely be charged for it.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Yes, but I am still not clear on what I am under warranty for now. I am 1,000miles over my basic 36k warranty.

The reason I ask, is that I think that my steering is clunking like others have stated. It is very vague at this point though. But, I do feel that it will only get worse. Barely noticeable now.

So, I should probably try to get out if I can. Issue after issue now. I have 10 months left on my lease, surely, by now there is something they can do. Especially with model year clearance beginning. Any incentives will help bury negative equity.

It almost feels like that if I continue to keep this car, the more of an issue I am going to have.
    I didn't get a response back, but I did find out info from my dealer. My engine and powertrain would be covered, however other repairs might not be. If something like my Windows-they stop rolling. That might be my responsibility.

He advised that I trade sooner than later. As I would still be liable for mileage over the 39k contract limit, even if I trade early before the expiration date. I am not sure if I believe that. But, with the horrors stories about GM leases. I am not willing to take that chance.

Dealer stated the would either take my trade in value/Payoff and figure that into the
    new deal or the remaining payments. Which ever number is lower. I have 9month left. Meaning I have approx Approx 2800 being rolled into the new deal. Not real good, but take my trade and pay off, it is probably a bit higher.

I think either way, I could be digging myself a hole if I keep going. Though each month, 1 number goes down, but then more miles dig my value lower. So I have things going for me and other going against me....All at the same time..!! Ahh!

So, I will be looking sooner than later to trade. Certainly not paying GM any more than I have to.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,897
    A reporter hopes to interview one of the few people who bought a new Pontiac recently. Please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com by Thursday, October 21, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• In my 2005 Pontiac G6, my remote keyless entry does not work anymore. When I unlock the door with the key, the alarm goes off and the lights flicker. How do I turn off the alarm?

The last time I was at the dealer, the technician did not have a solution to the problem. Does anyone have any thoughts?