Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Equinox

Comments

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Where do the drains lead to?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • clebo1clebo1 Posts: 78
    Dwar Bluedad,the problem with this vehicle as it ws very well engineering or constructed properly. Chevy has knowned this all along. class action should be filed on all owners out the on our behalf.Let's get started to make GM-Chevy fix these problems. They have buried their heads in the sand long enough.
  • So..... I have one in the garage, there are no "holes". You....someone who makes statements without a shred of proof, or any source to stand by......
    Hmmmmmmm Why would anyone believe a thing you say?
    BTW ever taken a spelling class?
  • Are the 17" aluminum wheels a higher gloss on the LTZ than the LT or LT1.......It seems to me that if you have the chrome exterior package, a more glossy 17" wheels will look better without having to spend extra for the 18' and 19' wheels.
  • We have an LTZ with 17's and I did not notice a difference between the models. I believe we would have read something in the vehicle itemized options if there was a difference. I actually prefer the LTZ without the chrome package but it wasn't an option.
  • My Nox is on order with the 17' wheels. I am wondering if the less glossy wheels will blend well with the extra chrome look on the LTZ. I noticed that 17" wheels are painted and not as shiny as the mechined. I did not noticed this before I ordered the LTZ. I have mechine wheels on my 04 Malibu. Let me know what you think. Thanks :) :confuse: :confuse:
  • My wife wants our next car (probably 2010 Equinox) to be "black".
    Did you ever owned a black car?
    If so, how was it?
    If no, would you?
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    I answered I believe was your post on another forum but also black looks so rich and when set beside any other color just stands out. Here is some info on what colors sell best by type of vehicle.
    http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/demo/article-409.html

Besides if wife wants it you better get it or may never hear the end of it. :shades:
  • HA HA! dmathews3 I liked the part about "if wife wants it you better get it"
    It's as if you knew my wife.

Now I got to decide between a HHR or Equinox.
    I presently own a 2005 Equinox LT and love the looks of the HHR.

Thanks for both response.
    Case you didn't know it I don't need to know your wife, as most all are the same. I have a 08 HHR and have test driven a couple Equinox's and though my HHR is great unless you are thinking one of the last HHR SS's I'd go with the Equinox in a heart beat if I was buying today. Good luck and enjoy whichever you buy as they are both great vehicles.
  • laserbluelaserblue Posts: 313
    Well...it's done.
    Last night I went and traded-in my 2005 Equinox LT (that was bought new) for a 2010 Chevrolet HHR LT (with the 2.4 L engine).
    My Equinox has been pretty good. Most repairs where done under warranty. The only repair I had to pay for was a "blown head gasket" + the normal maintenance.
    I just hope I'll have the same fun driving the HHR than the Equinox.
  • laserbluelaserblue Posts: 313
    What are the pros and cons between 16" tires versus 17" tires?
    For the most part the 16" tires are going to have larger side walls which means lower air pressure due to the fact they don't have to be so hard that hitting a pothole will damage the wheel. Also less sidewall = more of a risk of the wheel getting damaged.
  • biancarbiancar Posts: 913
    For those of you who bought a recent Equinox, did you also consider the GMC Terrain? What were your reasons for choosing one over the other?
  • starfleetstarfleet Posts: 18
    Personally, I like the exterior styling better; but they both are nice vehicles.
  • vanman1vanman1 Posts: 1,397
    edited April 2010
    I didn't like it at first but I have to admit the Terrain is growing on me. It looks so much more like a SUV and more rugged even though mechanically it's the same.
  • anyone found a solution for annoying glare from chrome latch on dashboard of 2010 model? (other than just driving on dull days!)
  • meandmymaxxmeandmymaxx Posts: 134
    edited June 2010
    Been very happy with the nox for almost 2 yrs now 08 Lt fwd. 51000Km (30,000mi) . took it to the dealer for a possible a/c noise. Got it back "No fault found." Then later today went to start the car at a restaurant. car would not even turn over and dash said "service security system" tried several times even using a 2nd key still no joy. Onstar sent a tow truck, he first tried to jump start it again no luck. Released the hand brake, went to put it in neutral thought I would try 1 more time and it worked.
    Tried 3 more times and started each time. Sent the tow truck on it's way. Went home put something in the back drove for 20 minutes, went to open the hatch and it would not open, no sound nothing, as if it was locked. Manually unlocked and locked 2 time, no joy, key fob lock and unlock, no joy. All other locks working. Pulled it out the side door went home hatch working like a charm again. Any ideas would be most welcome. Thanks.
  • jomac95jomac95 Posts: 6
    For me I preferred the blue interior lighting over the red. The red was too hard on the eyes for me. I also like the styling of the Equinox over the boxy look of the Terrain.
  • runoxrunox Posts: 152
    Same here, was interested in both but the curves and smoother ride of the Nox won out. My son preferred the Terrain, it looks more like a truck. The Terrain has 18" wheels and those I test drove road a little harder than the Nox on 17s. After hemmin and hawin over the two, I couldn't justify the extra thou for the Terrain on top of the look and ride.

Also, opted for the granite metallic black which I believe they now call Carbon Flash. When washed and shined it looks A One, but you know the story with black. 2nd choice was the mocha metallic. Which ever exterior color, you have to go for the mono black interior. Those two tone interiors they offer now just don't look as nice, especially the brown and black combo.