Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Equinox

Comments

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    pls send to my email

We prefer to keep the discussin here so everyone benefits from the information.

BTW - the loading floor height is 28.6 inches so your Equinox should be able to handle the job. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • After looking at it again I discovered there are three of them, one in the middle and on each side. There is an emblem on the plastic clip attached to the nylon string that looks like and open book with either a person with a huge head or an old style gas pump. There is nothing in the manual about this but maybe it is used with child seats??? I'm just curious, I know I had a car years ago that had a pull string in the trunk and it was to shut off the fuel pump in case of a crash.
  • I have a 2010 Equinox on order to be built next week 8-24-8-28, it is a 1LT, 4 cyl.

It does not come with the Fog lights on the 1LT, will I be able to buy them and install them or have them installed at a later time.?

Also can I get Splash Guards and where, for the 2010 Equinox? :)

Thank you
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    I bet the fog lights through the dealer will cost you an arm and a leg plus the wiring to make them work and the switch. Splash Guards for the nox I'm guessing will take quite a few months before they start coming availible. When I bought my Colorado in 04 it had been out for almost a year and there still wasn't much availible for it. I wanted wheels and there just wasn't much out there for a reasonable price. I bet the nox will be the same.
  • roxanne3roxanne3 Posts: 23
    I have a 2010 Equinox (1LT 4 cyl) on order, too, and was pretty excited about it until I started reading some of these threads !!! Now I don't know if I'll go through with it. Probably will (not sure) but now I'm feeling rather sick about it. It's due in a couple of weeks.

At any rate, I find it interesting that on Chevy's website, when you choose "Specs & Features", the 1LT 4 cyl FWD, has Splash Guards as an option for $89 (as well as a long list of other options) but the 1LT4 AWD does not.

I don't understand why you can get all that with the FWD but not the AWD. Why is there such a big difference in the options (it seems) just because the drive train is different ? Why can you order Splash Guards for the FWD and not the AWD, and why wouldn't they make SPLASH GUARDS ? That is something so basic it should be included with the base price. :mad: It seems pretty ridiculous that you might not be able to get splash guards for a YEAR ! Can anyone answer those questions for me ( BTW, I am female but I'm not blond ). :sick:
  • Relax! It will be a great car if my experience is any indication. I have a 2006 with over 30,000 trouble free miles. That new 4 cylinder engine sounds fantastic and inline 4's are inherently reliable and easy to maintain. The 05's had some teething problems but after that the Equinox's reliability is average. (Which these days is very good!) All of this is in my opinion.
    You have to remember for the most part the people who hang out here are like yourselves trying to find out info on their future purchase. The people here are also the ones for the most part having/had problems with their nox but the majority of owners are happy with their nox and don't hang out here. You will find this to be true on all forums. From what I have gathered the drive train on these new ones are for the most part completely different than of old and I have driven 2 of them and also an 2006 back then and didn't like the 06 but the 10 is on my wifes short list.
  • roxanne3roxanne3 Posts: 23
    That's a very good point ! I think I'm going to take your advice to relax about it. And think I'll stop reading this forum for now. I'll report in after I've had it for a while with a review and back here if any problems. Hopefully, I won't have to do that. Thanks !
    :)
  • clebo1clebo1 Posts: 78
    Please don't relax on any Chevy vehicle as the quality is awful.Listen for every sound that is unfamiliar. This is usually the start of a bigger problem for this vehicle!!!
    Trusting Chevy- Gm and it's performance Issues concerning the Chevy equinox is like asking Bernie Madoff to handle your life savings. You will get wiped out one way or the other. The FTC has made an inquiry this time is looking into design vehicle design defects on all Chevy Equinox made between 2005 and 2010.Gm has not responded as Usual. Please note I have had 3 sets of rotors going only 15,000 miles in 3 years. You be the Judge.
    Reply,the short mileage is fine,but this vehicle has design flaw with the gasket head and manifold gasket. The longer you keep this vehicle ,many other problems develop especially with the head gasket and manifold gasket.
    You are a wise man Sir.I owned a hyundai and while Chevy just recently came up with a 10 year 100,000 miles warranry.Does anyone wants their vehicle to stay off and on in the shop Like a Chevy equinox for 10 years and 100,000 visits for repairs. think not. Stay away from the the Chevy equinox!!!
    Looks great ,but check under the hood,it's a nightmare,even changing the bulbs for the headlight is a nightmare as you have to dissemble other parts to get to them. Look good ,built badly!!!
    Hello Mam, you made a wise decision. this vehicle in untried and untested. Take it from a Man who due to my vehicle being out of service for one reason or the other over 80 days.I would rather have a Yugo.
  • Clebo1,

Please go away.
  • godeacsgodeacs Posts: 481
    I second that emotion...... :mad:

Can't he be banned?????...... :confuse:
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Posts: 196
    I'll third it. He contributes little and is nothing but a bandwidth thief.
    I think he is friends of the host.
    Maybe maybe not. But until this crap stops or is addressed I'll be very reluctant to share any more of my 40 years of under the hood experience on any of these forums

Come to think of it all I'm doing is wasting my time here anyway.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Why don't we just scroll past messages that we don't want to read? :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Because like your message all I'm doing is clicking on links with no substance and scrolling thru more stuff for no use other than to wear out my mouse.

Guess I'm out of here.
    May as well as all that happens is our host deletes comments about you know who and lets his rants and raves stay. :shades:
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,990
    At least those gripe comments are about the car. :P

Per the member agreement, we welcome all points of view on automotive matters. Gripe posts are part of the territory and you can find them posted about every make and model on the site.

A few disgruntled customers hasn't affected sales. GM is adding shifts and building more of them in Ontario. cdh.net

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• almattialmatti Posts: 164
    I didn't know that car Manufacturers still did that: Tell you the build date of the car on "order". The old adage in the "good old" day was Never, Never, get a car that was built on a Monday or Friday...On those days, most of the regular workers would call in -"sick" [used to be a solid 10-15% issue], so guys that would fasten the side panels would be fasteneing the bumpers for instance. You know what the American Product became in the 70s and onward right??? Maybe now that cars are assembled all over the world, GM cars I gues mostly in Mexico, much of the work is done by Robots...Thank You Mr. Toyota and Mr. Honda. Robots don't Call In Sick.... Good Luck with your new Chevy Nox. I had many GM cars over the course of 40 years of driving (including my Dad) - last one was a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix. Sadly, that car was a POS; engine oil leaks, body rattles galore, etc. etc....It's gonna take a lot more to get me back !!
  • tazzitazzi Posts: 23
    Well....some sites have this nice little ignore feature...Maybe Edmunds might look at adding that here?

Back to the Nox though. I'm really not sure what GM is thinking by ramping up production. I'm glad they are but I don't think the sales volume is going to hold without C4C. But, if they become overstocked, I'll get a better deal on mine :P
    My guess is they are ramping up production to mean that like all new models they start at a very low volume in order for the employees to learn their job, find things they didn't see hand building them etc. and are now trying to get production up to what the line speed should be per hour.
  • brueggiebrueggie Posts: 46
    Here in Dallas, I can tell you that if there was an Equinox sitting on the dealers lot, it had a sale pending. I visited about 5 dealers on the north side and couldn't find any. The C4C deal helped but the demand was already there. Ramping up production will allow inventory and selection which hasn't been available since they rolled out at the end of July.
  • tazzitazzi Posts: 23
    Oh I agree they need more immediate inventory but they are talking about increasing their builds by 33% in September and another 20% by the end of the year, adding overtime etc. That's the part I'm not sure I agree with.

I'm concerned they are going to end up with a lot of inventory on the lots. I think they are producing 500+ Nox's a day now. The increase brings them up to around 700 a day. Long term, I'm not sure the market will hold to sell that many. That's good for me because it means I will get a better deal but bad for Chevy/GM.

Here in Northern California it's almost impossible to find one and when you do they are already sold as well but a lot of that had to do with C4C. I hope the demand keeps up because it's good for Chevy, I'm just not a believer yet :P
  • stakeoutstakeout Posts: 173
    homelink or now Chevy calls it Universal Home Remote .. a/k/a garage door opener... can't seem to find it listed on any of the sites including Chevy's home site... it is available on other models like the Traverse but only in LT2 trim or better...

the three dealers I spoke to don't know... hard to believe... but then again not many new '10 Equinox's are available in this area
  • Is there any way I can find out when my 2010 EQ is being built this week? :shades: