Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Where can you find Daewoo Nubira parts?

nubira00nubira00 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Daewoo
I have a 2000 Daewoo Nubira that is already past warranty. I recently hit a curb, which not only cracked the front bumper but also broke or de-aligned the axel (i think- because the left wheel now faces inward). I brought the car to a bodyshop who said they wouldn't even give me an estimate because if they took the car apart to find out what was wrong and then didn't have the parts to put it back together again, it would be a liability. So, here comes the problem- where can i find parts?! The local Sacramento Daewoo dealer no longer sells Daewoo cars or parts. They said they could try to order parts from the wherehouse- but there's no gurantee that they would even have the parts. And it's also hard to order parts when no one will look at your car so you don't really know what part you need! Does anyone have any advice??

Comments

• swschradswschrad Member Posts: 2,171
    in news and views, since they are now defunct. get some clues from over there.

and use a locking device on your car when parking, or you could be the spare parts :(

this is why some of us nay-sayers think there won't be many on the road real soon now, as happened to the wonderful yugo when support ended in chapter 7.

my gut shot is that you need to use the internet and google to search for parts. don't be afraid to rob the junkyards ,that's the major parts cache for out of production cars of all types and ages. the running gear stuff that is expendable... plugs, wires, belts... should be availiable, particularly since many of the subassemblies were also used on other cars in asia and bought from independent parts makers.

something as key as an axle might be a hard find.
  • nubira00nubira00 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Daewoo Nubira that is already past warranty. I recently hit a curb, which not only cracked the front bumper but also broke or de-aligned the axel (i think- because the left wheel now faces inward). I brought the car to a bodyshop who said they wouldn't even give me an estimate because if they took the car apart to find out what was wrong and then didn't have the parts to put it back together again, it would be a liability. So, here comes the problem- where can i find parts?! The local Sacramento Daewoo dealer no longer sells Daewoo cars or parts. They said they could try to order parts from the wherehouse- but there's no gurantee that they would even have the parts. And it's also hard to order parts when no one will look at your car so you don't really know what part you need! Does anyone have any advice??
  • mullins87mullins87 Member Posts: 959
    When the Daewoo dealership opened up here, I thought the larger one that is about the size of the Accord, the Leganza (?) maybe, was a nice looking car at a not too bad price. I thought about it for a second or two as a nice work car. Then the issue of parts availability came to mind. Looks as if my instinct was dead on with this one.
  • jkobtyjkobty Member Posts: 99
    Check on ebaymotors.com and search for Nubira.
    There are already people advertising Daewoo body parts there.
    What I would do first is take the wheel off yourself and inspect if you can see anything broken or bent. I suspect it is just the steering
    or control arm that got bent or misaligned.
    If nothing seems bent or cracked, it might just need an alignment.
  • jsiesjsies Member Posts: 26
    PEDRO DIAZ RUNS A SERVICE OPERATION OF DAEWOO IN PUERTO RICO (USA TERRITORY). THEY WERE INCLUDED IN THE GM DEAL. HE SAYS THEY HAVE PLENTY OF PARTS AND CAN SHIP UPS IN A COUPLE DAYS. PRICES SEEM TO BE COMPARABLE TO U.S.
    THE WEB SITE IS WWW.DAEWOOAUTOPARTSPR.COM
    OR CALL 787-778-7363
    ASK FOR PEDRO DIAZ
  • jsiesjsies Member Posts: 26
    The following is a copy from another message board. Hope it helps...

I have been ordering parts via Email from an Australian Daewoo dealer near Sydney and their service has been just excellent. They want our business down under and they value us as a customer. If you have any questions they will be glad to answer them in detail. The parts are also very reasonably priced. The ordered parts arrive via Air-Mail within two weeks. US Customs may levy a 3 per cent import duty on the parts. However keep in mind that one Australian Dollar is equal to 58 US Cents. The exchange rate is in our favor. I hope this information helps Daewoo owners out there who have been waiting for a long time for parts which never arrive from their local dealer.
    If you can't get genuine daewoo parts for your Nubira from your local US Daewoo dealer contact:

Matt Schlosser
    Spare Parts Department
    John Collins Holden Daewoo
    976 Nepean Highway
    Mornington, VIC 3931
    Australia

Email: [email protected]

Tel: (011)-(61)-(03)-5975-4433
    Fax: (011)-(61)-(03)-5975-4720

JCH has every part and accessory for your Nubira. They accept Mastercard and Visa via Fax. Request Matt to send the parts to you via ECONOMY-AIR MAIL - INSURED. This is the cheapest and safest way to get the parts to you in the States.
This discussion has been closed.