Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PACKARDS

12346»

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,560
    Amenities can be fun, but they have to be durable and reliable. Nobody likes a car with a defective air suspension or goofy electronics.

An interesting new MB would be this - E-class size, high output diesel, manual, high quality cloth or Tex interior, manual windows and seats, maybe a manual sunroof - kind of like a new old car. But given MBs marketing schemes, especially in NA - it's a pipe dream.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,187
    The only item I'd add to your imaginary E-Class is power window. They're hardly high tech. A somewhat decontented C-Class would work for me too.
    I don't mind manual windows - but they have to be a quick crank ratio, no more than 3 from up to down. MB has always had a few issues with power windows - at least through the W210, where regulators are not 100% reliable. If new ones have that solved, I am all for them - esp one touch up and down.

I don't see a return to a 4cyl C until higher output small engines are in production.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,187
    I have a question for you, fintail, about the new E-Class, which I'll post in the 2010 E-Class discussion of the Future Vehicles forum, since it doesn't belong here (but I thought I could catch your attention here).
12346»
This discussion has been closed.