Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-150 SUPERCREW

Comments

• fuel my not be the problem...in winter blends they tend to use alcohol as a base additive...well this tends to break loose any junk like varnish that can clog your throttle body fuel injectors...send a few bucks having them cleaned out, and reconsider the gas you have been buying during the summer months.
      Varnish, is very common in poorer gas mixtures. Varnish will coat the fuel line walls and gas tank. When the alcohol comes into contact with the varnish, desolves it and sends it into you fuel injectors. Larger pieces are (of course) collected by the fuel filter. I think you will find that the manufacturer recomends that the fuel injectors be clean out every 10 to 15k anyway...this will become very important to people who live in areas that have colder winter climates. I think you will find that fuel mileage will increase....ps. fuel additives that claim to clean injectors will not do a good enough job....and please don't let the wife run the truck out of gas...this will also send you to the mechanic to have these injector cleaned out..
    so much for fuel filters....
  • emaleemale Posts: 1,380
    just where does the manufacturer state that they recommend cleaning the fuel injectors every 10-15k miles??? i've never seen this in any owner's manual...
  • ray70ray70 Posts: 18
    This is my first time to post on this board. I have been reading all of the mail (good and bad) and finally took the plung. I just bought F-150 SuperCrew, 5.4L, XLT, 4WD, the FX-4 off-road package, and with the 3.74 limited slip axle. I love the truck and can hardly wait to real miles on Montana's snow, ice and rough rough forest sevice roads. The truck we bought just happened to have the Class III towing options. I know that this package beefs up the suspension and has an auxiliary transmission cooler. My question is how big a load can I pull??

Thanks a bunch

Ray
  • I need to pull a two horse trailer with one horse (but should size the truck for two horses).

This is minimal towing - maybe 2-3 times a month for 4-5 months a year (during the kids' recreational rodeo season) and except for maybe 1-2 times a year, the longest towing trip would be about 50 miles up the interstate (fairly flat).

Since the daily use of this truck would be 60 miles round trip on the freeway to work; gas mileage for the smaller V8 would be desirable.

I'm looking at the SCrew with towing package and 3.55 limited slip differential.

Would you recommend the 5.4L engine?
    the 4.6l only gets 1 mpg better than the 5.4l and i suspect that you'd never know the difference in gas mileage unless you checked after every tankful. if you can, i'd suggest getting the 3.73 rearend gears if you plan to do any towing. once again the mileage difference between the 3.55 and 3.73 gears is minimal.
  • I'm looking at a 2001 Screw that must have been early in the model year. It does not have the adjustable pedals which I understand was to be standard equipment. This is an important feature as I am 6'2" and my wife is 4'10".

According to the dealer, the color is Amazon green which was a carry over from the previous year for Ford, and it didn't last the entire model year. Were the adjustable pedals added as std. equip during the model year??
    hummm...my '01 s-crew had adjustable pedals...
  • crosley4crosley4 Posts: 295
    I can only add, that my 01 super crew was built in May 2001 and it has the adjustable pedals.
  • txyank1txyank1 Posts: 1,010
    before I bought my GMC and it had the adjustable pedals.
  • jaguar0027jaguar0027 Posts: 387
    they all had adjustable pedals? I have an 03 so, Im outta this one!
  • txyank1txyank1 Posts: 1,010
    I think they were an option on '01s.
    nope, pretty sure they were standard on '01s. i'm wondering if the guy who said the s-crew he drove didn't have the adjustable pedals just didn't know where the switch was...
  • jaguar0027jaguar0027 Posts: 387
    good point you may be right on that one!
    The guy looking at super crews may have asked the sales rep about the adjustable pedals and received the incorrect answer!

I asked about the radio , if it had speed adjusting volume. I was told "no". I later found out that our truck does have this feature.

After i read the owners book , I set the automatic speed adjusting volume to the level we like.
  • sdeleonsdeleon Posts: 4
    Does anyone else have or have had the following problem? This is on a 2001 SuperCrew 4X4 5.4L V8.
    A popping sound from behind the driver's side 2nd row seat. It "pops" with almost every bump on the road (which is alot in Austin Texas). Thanks for any feedback.
  • wpalkowskiwpalkowski Posts: 493
    Not sure how SCrew is put together, but I had similar sounding problem on 01' F350 Crew Cab when it was only a couple months old. Popping/bang on bumps and especially off camber turns. Turned out that the Cab Mounting bolts weren't torqued to proper spec. Dealer tightened them, and it's been fine ever since.
  • I was planning on trading my 1994 F350 longbed 4x4 Off Road with 5.8L (351) with 155,000 miles and automatic for a supercrew. But I cant believe 10-12 mpg. I get that with my truck loaded down with toolboxes and pulling a lowboy trailer. That is almost unbelievable to me. Please advise, Lance.
    Our 2001 4x2 Super Crew with a 5.4 gets mid 16's mpg in combo city / freeway driving.
  • supercrusupercru Posts: 9
    Has anyone installed a roof rack on their Supercrew? I understand that Yakima now has a clamp on system for the S-Crew. Any other ideas?
  • connonconnon Posts: 52
    Last tankful, 80/20 local/hwy driving 14mpg. 01 KR , 4x4, 18600 miles.
This discussion has been closed.