Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• asearchasearch Member Posts: 20
    Thanks! I got to try it when I get the car.
    Thanks a lot! It's very informative.
    Yes. 25100 included destination charge.
  • natenj1971natenj1971 Member Posts: 174
    Congrats Asearch. Glad to hear it all worked out for you.

Thanks natenj1971 :) !!

I stopped by the dealer today, 1.5 hours walked in and out. I got almost the same deal like yours, but paid $100 for the color I like. I have to wait a few days and put the deposit on credit card.

I tried to have my old car trade in, but the price wasn't good so I decided to sell it myself.

I am happy with this deal, the car, the color... I am so happy.

EXL AWD, Glacier Bule:

selling price $25100 (If it's a car in stock, it's $25000)
    NJ tax 7%
    doc fee $185
    tire tax $7.5
    Cross bars + install $289

Thanks a lot for your help!!!
  • zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    Martin Mainline Honda advertises the EX for $23,000. You might want to try them. See their ad in Sunday's Inquirer on page F33. I would hold out at Sloane's. Have you tried Sussman in Willow Grove?
  • jerseyshopjerseyshop Member Posts: 17
    please could you let me know who you spoke to? If that is the price I will go to Denville happily!
    I'd really appreciate it. Please email me at lori_nyc @ att. net

(no spaces of course)
    Thanks!
  • taxlawyertaxlawyer Member Posts: 29
    Anyone know why honda isn't putting the stronger 2008 Accord engine (190hp 4-cyl) in the CR-V as well?

I feel like the current engine is a bit underpowered.
  • natenj1971natenj1971 Member Posts: 174
    Sent you the info let me know you received it.

please could you let me know who you spoke to? If that is the price I will go to Denville happily!
    I'd really appreciate it. Please email me at lori_nyc @ att. net

(no spaces of course)
    Thanks!
  • fernhillfernhill Member Posts: 17
    Thanks Zeen,

I will look into Martin Mainline (we don't have the paper anymore). We are talking to Conicelli, Keen and Scott Honda.

We started our adventure at Sussman - but they are fairly small and didn't have the first style we were looking at on the lot (LX AWD), their price was only $500 below MSRP, and they wouldn't (couldn't) give us one to test drive overnight.

Sloane is claiming the variance between my number and their number (without showing me anything) is a $845 "bank fee".
  • kostyankostyan Member Posts: 6
    Anyone else out there who bought their 2007 under invoice? Please give details on your deal!
  • jinbujinbu Member Posts: 4
    What was your price quote before you went to this dealer?
    I'm in MD closer to this dear and want to buy CRV EX.
    Thanks
  • zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    Thanks for the info about Sussman, fernhill. We plan to purchase one in October and I'll probably avoid them.
    The bank fee is just disguised interest as you know. It is a substitute for a higher interest factor.
  • dha56dha56 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for exactly the same car you bought. What dealership gave you such a great deal?
  • leasearav4leasearav4 Member Posts: 15
    Any chicagoans out there?
  • alertalert Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good price for 2007 Honda CRV EXL (for Toronto Canada)?

I am shopping around for a 2007 Honda CRV EXL model. I have been calling around all the Toronto Honda dealers and this is the best deal I got so far. Is this a good deal? The 0.9% financing ends Friday Aug 31st, does Honda usually have some other incentives after August?

MSRP 34,600.00
    Savings (2,395.00)
    Vehicle Price 32,205.00
    Fr & PDE 1,505.00
    AC Tax 100.00
    Fuel Tax
    Admin Fee -
    Total Vehicle Price 33,810.00
    PST 8% 2,704.80
    GST 6% 2,028.60
    License Fee TBD

Total Purchase Price $ 38,543.40
  • coda72coda72 Member Posts: 13
    I wanted to add my input here since I bought a 2006 CRV almost a year ago. Sloane was absolutely horrible to deal with, and I didn't end up buying from them. They acted like the dealers used to in the past (and obviously some still do). They held our trade-in keys hostage and left us sitting for hours while they evaluated our trade-in. The salesman was very obnoxious also. I was trying to take a leftover 2006 off their hands, but they acted like they were doing me a great favor by selling me their car. I walked out of there,and I ended up buying at Martin Mainline Honda. There were some problems there also, but overall a much more pleasant experience. I would definitely steer anyone away from Sloane. (I had bought a Toyota from Sloane in '99, and they didn't value me even as a repeat customer.)
  • fernhillfernhill Member Posts: 17
    Thanks Coda72:

Hard to believe Sloane is the high volume Honda dealer in the area. They still haven't sent anything in writing but they call just about every day.

The sales guy from Martin keeps sending emails with no pricing and wants me to call him. I keep emailing him back saying - send me pricing - I want as much in writing up front before we go back to a dealership.

We may end up with a RAV4 as they appear to be leasing for around invoice and have a lower money factor(around .0025 or 5.4%).
  • trinity3trinity3 Member Posts: 50
    Hi,

Can you share your information with me as well?
    Which model & options did you buy?

Can you detail the breakdown of your purchase price?
    Thanks, Trin
    Who's your dealer?
    Where are they located?
    Thanks!
    I want this vehicle so bad!!!

I am close to Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey . . .

Can anyone share the deatails of a great deal in this area?

I appreciate all replies. Thanx!
    Hello!

Can you share the dealer/salesman's name and info.
    My email address is lep226@msn.com .

Does your vehicle include navigation?

Thanks alot for your help!!!
  • gc4autogc4auto Member Posts: 34
    I'd like to make a suggestion for a set title format so the rest of us can go through all this information quicker.

year, model+accessories, location, OTD price in the title.

An example title would read:

'07 EX-L w/ NAV, Sacramento, $26.5k OTD

this will make it a lot easier for those of us that are shopping without having to read through every post, plus there will be no confusion if the price is OTD or pre-tax.

thanks!
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    An out the door number is pretty useless, unless everyone knows all the tax rates for every state and county.
  • drooptulipdrooptulip Member Posts: 2
    I've been shopping diligently for the same car for months (CR-V, EX-L with nav, AWL/4WD). You want to go to the website for Heritage Mile One Honda in Baltimore/Westminster and get an Internet quote. They beat the best price I was finding elsewhere by $700. The deal is in writing, though I haven't bought yet. Need to firm up my credit union financing first.
  • drooptulipdrooptulip Member Posts: 2
    Excellent suggestion, but may I suggest instead of using the OTD price, use a "before TTT" (tax, tags, title) or "before government" price? That's the price that is comparable for everyone. The state add-ons are mandatory and, as mentioned already, not comparable.

I wish we could require dealers to use only the single price. It's so irritating when they give you one price and then later add on destination and document fees. If it's a standard part of the sales price, it shouldn't be broken out and added back later. So I define it as an unfair practice.
    Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply.
    I am in the same situation (credit union financing and all).

I have gotten a quote from Heritage($27,331)
    $26,637 Internet Selling Price
    $595 Destination Fee
    $99 Dealer Processing Fee

Joyce Honda, Denville, NJ
    Total $27,007.
    $26,822; they didn't specify if this included Destination fee)
    $185 Documentary Fee (not sure what this is for; I've asked for an explanation).
    Hi Trinity3,

I didn't see your questions earlier but you got the quote from Joyce already. If you buy from them and pick up in stock cars, it's going to be easy. shouldn't be problems. Good luck!
    I finally picked up this car today. Since I ordered the color and needed to be transferred from another dealer. They promised me earlier this week, but keep delaying. I was lucky since when I bought this car, I have the sales manager put down the deliver date, otherwise; I may cancel the order. So if you order a color that's not in stock, have the sales write down a date. I really like the color so I can take a little risk since the dealership is very close to my home. I can go trace them easily, and they seem honest. If other dealers, I won't even tried.
    :)
  • cash12cash12 Member Posts: 5
    Since invoice is $19,061 and destination charge is $595. I understand that you got the car for (19,061+595) - 19,329.05 = 326.95 under what the dealer paid for it.

That's a great deal.
  • derkombiwagenderkombiwagen Member Posts: 13
    Wow!!! That's making me reconsider my "deal" on a 2007 Honda CRV 4WD EX-L w/Navigation that I hope to purchase this next week as follows:

Selling price: $26,923 (invoice + $300)
    DIO: $1397 (backup sensors $678; spoiler $387; Body side molding $333)
    Documentary service fee: $58.48
    Taxable total: $28,379.48
    Sales tax (IL-Kendall Co. 6.75%) =$1844.60
    License plates/title: $143
    -$500 deposit
    Total financed: $29,867.15

On a lighter note, I did get a auto loan through my credit union (DuPage Credit Union) for 5.69%/60 mos. This was the lowest I found anywhere.

I would appreciate your comments, especially those that shopped recently in the Chicagoland area. This offer is through Valley Honda (Aurora, IL) and is the lowest offer I found - they even beat the offer from the Dubuque, IA dealership that we purchased our last two Hondas from . . . they were always several hundred dollars below what the area dealerships would offer us(Lisle, Countryside, Aurora, Joliet, etc.). The Lisle dealership accused us of fabricating the offer on our 2001 Honda Odessey and still didn't believe it when we brought in our contract . . . needless to say, we refuse to do business with them.
    Royal blue 2007 Honda CRV 4WD EX
    Go directly to Dealer:

selling price: $22000
    destination or freight: 595
    doc fee (MD) : 195
    processing fee: 100
    TAX: 1144.75
    OTD: 24234.75

Free: mud guard
    wheel lock
    fog lights
    all season mats

*** forgot to ask for cargo tray b/c that's royal blue which I likes ***

$595 Destination Fee
    $99 Dealer Processing Fee
    From my research, in MD area,
    You could buy CRV at its invoice price, not including
    some extra accessories added by dealer such as wheel lock,
    mud guard, appearance package.

Online price is not the lowest because of the price match issue. If one dealer gives you the price by email, other dealer will beat it by $$ or $$$.
  • busyhondacrvbusyhondacrv Member Posts: 1
    I am in NJ, morris county. For 2007 HONDA CRV 4WD, the best price I got is $20800 before tax, which is the same as the invoice price ($20872). Any guys got better deal? If so, please let me know.
    BTW, is there any promotion about new graduate from college?
    thanks.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    jinbu... What is the name of the dealership in Maryland. Please reply as you are allowed to give the dealership name.
  • welldonewelldone Member Posts: 15
    I am planning to buy a CR-V 2WD EX-L. Has anyone recently bought one in Austin/San Antonio/Houston/Dallas area?
    Hi Asearch,

I kept searching through the posts and finally found the answer to my question.

So how do you like your new CR-V so far?

Thanks for the reply . . .
    FYI~

The 2008 model includes an 8-way power driver's seat.
  • salukidogsalukidog Member Posts: 2
    07 EX-L / Navi

black on black

mud flaps, cross rails, all-season mats

$28,000

also received $17,000 in trade for 05 Odyssey EX with 39k miles

very happy with 07 CRV
    I like it very much!! I've put on 200+ miles on it in 2 days. :)
    WOW!!!
    I hope to make my purchase soon.
    Enjoy . . .
  • naborsnabors Member Posts: 26
    I've been planning to purchase an '07 CR-V and found out that a friend was also seriously considering the vehicle.

I've done extensive pricing research on-line, but was curious to see how much more bargaining power I have with a salesperson when we're talking about buying two CR-V's. I live in Southern California, and in my little communication with dealerships up to this point, there have been several who are willing to sell the CR-V's for under invoice.

With a two-banger up for grabs, which would certainly be a nice find for a dealer, what kind of deal should I be looking for?
  • lyndamdlyndamd Member Posts: 12
    Jinbu, your deal is outstanding, especially since you got that price for the EX-L. I am looking for the CR-V EX 4WD and can't find it for anywhere less than $25K in MD. Which dealership did you buy this from? Was it a demo?
  • rasrirasri Member Posts: 3
    Hi Nabors,

I also live in your area and I am interested in a CRV; could you please share your buying experience and dealer quotes? thanks
  • skconway71skconway71 Member Posts: 4
    We paid a Honda dealer $4,900 down and $225 per month for 32 months for 2007 CRV EX. Can anyone say whether that was a ripoff? The down payment seemed high but frankly I'm not sure what it was for.
  • gc4autogc4auto Member Posts: 34
    My wife and i shopped in the Sacramento area for an EX 2WD this labor day wknd, it seems like the lowest OTDs are around mid to low $24k.. the dealers usually _claim_ its at 1 or 2 hundred above invoice.. but thats about the average. We got a quote for a LX @ one dealer for low $22 OTD (i cant remember the exact price).
  • julopjulop Member Posts: 4
    You state in title you bought EX-L, then in the text you write about EX. It is a huge difference. I think you bought EX (from the selling price you are stating in the text) and that does not make it such a amazing deal AT ALL.
  • metronyhondametronyhonda Member Posts: 3
    trying to figure a good price for this scar, i heard th promotion for Honda blow out sale, however i fing nothing on honda web site about it, the dealer i was dealing with say they are not a participant in the blow out sale, i had the lx 2wd prices at 20,400 before any bargaining, costco price i think was 200 lower about 20,200.(2wd lx)
    changed to lx 4wd and with this alleged blow out sale wonder what the real deal is, trying to get them under 21,000
    is th ecrv blow out sale 800 to 1500 off dealers price ?
    Hello,

The Honda CR-V is so popular that it is not included in the "Honda Blow Out Sale".

I never thought about going through Costco for a car.
    I'll check it out . . .

Great tip!!!
  • gwingeegwingee Member Posts: 54
    anyone have any idea what I would get if I traded in my EX-L, it is loaded with fog lights, rear spoiler..moon roof wind guard...window wind guards, and body side moldings. I want to get a hybrid...how much do you think I can get for a trade in???
  • metronyhondametronyhonda Member Posts: 3
    weird i hear on the radio it was included, but on the website it says it is not included.
    the new 2208 prices are out , it looks like th elx 2008 crv 2wd is th same at the 2007 price, a dealer was trying to tell me that the cars are going up 3000 for the 2008.
    quoted a price today of a in stock crv 2007 4wd lx is 20,395