Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• just curious...who's that MANY that don't seem to care all that much for the more feminine '07V ??? How many did you count so far????
    Could be those MANY people acroos the Honda dealers that put their names on waiting lists for purchasing the new 07 CRV?
    do you really know what you are craving ?
    Did you see and drive the new 07 CRV? Let me know when you do...and please, don't blame economics as a tricky subject.
    BTW. Got MY deal $198000 OTD for a basic LX-CRV, Sahara Sand color. Cargo cover included. PAyed cash. Bingo!
    Stop rubbing my hands :shades:
    D
  • Hi All

What will be a good price to pay for 2006 CRV EX AWD Automatic.

Thanks
    Raj
  • I paid $21,850 for this model in Seattle. Internet and email based negotiating with 3 dealers I think it was a decent price. Traveling to Seattle this weekend to drive it up to Alaska. Good luck. :)

~David
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,797
    I leased a 2006 CRV EX AWD in March of this year. I made the transaction before I was exposed to one very serious piece of information, YOU CAN NEGOTIATE SALES PRICE ON A LEASE! It was before my obsession with edmunds.com and I truly didn't know any better, and worse I feel like an total idiot over the whole deal. So, Honda of Hayward in Hayward, Ca, you got me once , but not again. I personally will never buy a Honda from there again and actually am ruling out Honda, becuase of this,I paid MSRP while all of you did not and I am really happy for all of you. Yes, you read it right I paid the 24 grand and some change for a car that most of you got for around 21800, I feel like a moron.
    I felt so bad over this I went out and leased a Volvo S40 for 5400 off MSRP, call it a reactionary move, I guess. So when you guys are fussing over whether or not to buy an CRV EX AWD for 22000.00, don't fuss , DO IT! I wish I got mine for 22 grand.
    Once again, HONDA OF HAYWARD( BAY AREA OF CALIFORNIA) WILL RIP OFF EVEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER OFF. The CRV was the 3rd car I bought or leased from them with in the last 4 years, they don't care at all about customers, just hte bottom line. I guess that can be said about a great many dealers out there, but none them screwed me , just these guys.
    They could of tossed in a 500 dollar discount for buying 3 cars from us, not!

So, did you trade the CR-V for the Volvo?

The job of the salesman to sell, and he did a good job of selling. Why get angry at him? You failed to do your homework, and you literally paid for it. If you traded the CR-V for Volvo, I bet you they got you for another $2-$3,000, so now you are $5000 in the hole... Then you will realize that the money off MSRP that you got on the Volvo were a manufacturer's rebate and there still was room to negotiate.... and the cycle continues.

Leasing is even worse than what you did. You have nothing to show for the last 36 months of payments at the end of the lease. No equity, nothing. But, that is another thread.
  • Last week I paid $21.7k including destination, not including the remainder, for an ex awd 2006 in Michigan. The cheapest I found was $21.3k, but the price was only good on a beige. Anything below $22k including destination is respectable. I contacted about twelve dealerships and received about seven replies.

Good luck.
  • vp68vp68 Posts: 3
    You mean $21,850 is OTD or ...

Thanks!
  • Yes, $21,850 was OTD (including destination). Doc fee of $35 was then added.
    ~David
  • mrrk47mrrk47 Posts: 104
    Whoa there tuff guy,

NO, I didn't trade the CRV, I needed a second car suddenly after the CRV. Don't attack me buddy, if anything I was attacking the dealer, not us consumers.......or are you a dealer...hmmmm ! I will take it like a man and ride out my lease and appreciate the fact that I can afford two new cars at this point in my life....darn who are you !
    I would of had to invest many more hours and maybe even point a gun at the SM to get more off of the Volvo. 21000 for a S40 is darn good considering during that time they were selling a total base model with no geartronic and met paint for 20000.
    I'm not so far in the hole as you think, yeah I could of got 2000 off the CRV in march, but you're right I didn't do my homework. Well, I do it now. Besides, I think the money off the Volvo was manu to dealer cash or rebate or whatever. YOu're probably going to respond by telling me that dealer cash is a rebate...well save it!
    HOw could I have gotten more of the Volvo when everyone else in my area was getting bout the same, I just wanted what everyone else was getting , not necessarily more.
    Buddy, just let me blow off steam on here instead of telling me how studpid you think I am. SAVE IT!
    Listen Mr. Perfect Negotiator,

Have you ever got burned on a car deal? If so let me have me have my one burn! Leasing isn't for everyone , there's reason to lease and reasons not to. The way I look at it Leasing my cost a couple thousand more in taxes and finance charges if one wishes to purchase the best used car he or she can purchase( one that they have driven for the last 3 years. Lets face it....I maybe inserting a foot in my mouth here, but all of us who but new cars ARE GETTING TO A CERTAIN POINT BY SALESMEN. That's how it's set up, we will never truly get over on the big dealers. If you and the rest of us don't want to get ripped off in the least bit we should buy 12 year old Tercels, no continuing cycle there, right blueyedgod!
    The cycle doesn't continue! I learned a valuable lesson here! The major points of my post were as follows:
    * angry at myself for not doing research!
    * assuming that dealerships(esp. the one I went to) value repeat business
    * to maybe notify at least at one Hayward area consumer not to buy from Hayward Honda
    * for some of the fellow posters here to tell me I'm not alone
    * angry at myself again!
    * to get it off my chest
    So, once again Save it !
    BTW, I got them for all the available rebates and got almost 2 grand more off the Volvo. Man, I should'nt of let you bait me like this.
  • Taxes will be paid in AK I assume? So $21,850 plus tax.
  • No taxes to pay in ALaska if purchased in lower 48. Just registration and tags. Around $220.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,797
    Seems like I touched an aching nerve here. We all learn from our mistakes, and this website has great advice to people who are in the market to buy vehicles. The confessions of the salesman gives you a great insight into what it is like to be a car salesman.

No, I don't sell cars, I just like the chase and always look forward to negotiating with the dealer. I play it my way, not necesseraly the way this or other websites siggest. But, I don't get emotionally attached to the vehicle. It is just a game. If I don't like my hand, I walk away. The salesman knows that. On the average, it takes me 3-4 weeks to negotiate a deal on a car. I pit one dealer against another, then against another, I get as many dealers involved as necessary to get to what my goal is.

I paid $20,500 for the 2005 CR-V EX in March of 2005 after negotiating with the dealers in the area for almost a month. The 2002 Civic Si, that had an MSRP of $19,500, I paid $14,500.

Oh, as far as Volvo S40 goes, I would not pay $21,000 for a glorified Ford Focus. Mazda3, which is essentially the same car, and is cheaper as well. This is just me, if you happen to like V40, good for you.
  • mnfmnf Posts: 404
    Your so right it is the hunt and the game that i enjoy i have helped family and friends do many of deals. The one thing i tell them all it is just a business deal take the emotion out of it. ..... >>M
    Well, you live in Vermont, things are diff there. I am not saying this just for spite , but 2002 SI, is not good looking....a hatchback went bad, it probably sat on the tarmac a longggg time. I'm not going to defend S40, it doesn't need defending. BTW my CRV has 16 inch wheels and your doesn't. That's worth 4 grand to me. There's a great state out in here in the west called Nevada, you might like it.
    FYI..........The 2005 and 2006 CRV have 16 inch wheels this was changed after 2004. From another great State out west .. WASHINGTON STATE
    ....>>M
    Yeah, I realized that after I posted that....They're basically identical...hmmm...I was trying to zing that guy with anything, even something as meaningless as that.
    Just like you I am enjoying my CRV....
    You're probably enjoying this bluidgod guy rattle me too..haha
    Nope life is to short I am on the fence :) ...>>M
  • I picked up a CR-V last night, and the experience was relatively painless. It's been 7 years since I've had a new car, so I'm not sure what to expect as far as what's included. I didn't see an owner's manual. I have a quick start guide, the tire warranty info, lemon law info, and service interval info, but no real owner's manual. Does the CR-V come with an owner's manual?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,371
    Yes... it comes with a typically thick owner's manual..

Tell your dealer that you didn't get one..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Ok, thank you. I will let the dealer know.

More about my buying experience, as I said it wasn't too bad. Not too much game playing since I got the price for the CR-V before I went in by asking for a quote via email. I paid 20,900 for it plus tax and tags. It's a 2006 EX with a manual transmission. I probably could have gotten even a better deal for it since they really want to get rid of the old models, but I'm not the best negotiator in the world, and I'm happy with the price I paid. I got it at Mainline Honda just outside of Philadelphia. If anyone wants to buy a Honda, I would recommend them.
    Nice... you got a stick.. I'm jealous..

• stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,800
    "Nice... you got a stick.. I'm jealous.."

I think the Honda releases said that the MT was only bought by 3% of the customers, and thus was impractical for continued production.
    Yeah.... maybe... It is sort of a self-perpetuating prophecy.... You can't sell what you don't have on the lots...

That said... I've got an automatic now... so, what do I know? ;)

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,762
    When we did have them, they didn't sell.

I don't blame Honda for pulling the plug on CRV sticks.
    Aw...come on.. I bet you sold every one you had...

You don't have any '06 manual CR-Vs still on the lot, do you? ;)

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,762
    We do. Two or three maybe.

And, yes, we sold every one we had but we sure didn't order very many. Sticks do have (a very few)fans but not many.
  • Yesterday I bought the first 2007 CRV off the lot of Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose.
    There are about of them there.
    10 are LX two wheel drive.
    One is EX two wheel drive, with additonal dealer installed rack, step, guard etc.
    Last one is EX 4 wheel drive.
    I got the 4 wheeler at MSRP, despite there is a dealer's mark up on the sticker, I was able to avoid that with little resistance because i bought a 2007 accord from the same place 2 weeks ago.