Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    sandy25sandy25 Member Posts: 65
    I was looking for a CVR-EXL and considered the lease quotes of $400-plus a month out of line with the $27,333 MSRP of the car. Consider the Acura RDX with an approx $33,000 MSRP which I leased yesterday in the NY area for $440/month including sls tx. with up front cash as follows:
    $440 1st month payment
    $595 Honda Finance Acquisition fee
    plus registration costs

Sam
  • Options
    crvngcrvng Member Posts: 6
    Picked up the vehicle today. Very happy.

$2000 discount off of MSRP, which is the listed invoice.
    Full retail on parts with no install costs, versus a 33% discount from bernardiparts.com which would have given me a savings of approxiamtely $400 on parts that I would still have to install. You suggest I should have run from this agreement. Yes, most of them you can easily install yourself, some of which I have before on a previous Honda. However, I am okay with $400 for an authorized dealer to install fog lights, drill and mount the rear spoiler, (which if it rusts will be covered under warranty), along with the "installation" of the other accessories.
    Where I live we have to pay tax on vehicles.
    You say $395 for Document Fees are garbage.
    We are business owners. What most people do not think about are the operating costs. A business owner has to pay for overhead. Salaries, and health insurance for employees. Real estate and all the taxes, utilities etc. that go along with that. Money that is tied up in product/parts inventory. Just to name a few. That dealer markup...its not all money in their pocket.

2008 Honda CR-V EXL with All Wheel Drive and Navigation.
    (Upgraded with dealer from front wheel to all wheel drive since first posting)
    Rear Spoiler
    Roof Rack
    Fog Lights
    Front Splash Guards
    Wheel Locks
    All Season Mats
    Rear Mat
    Chrome Exhaust Cover
    and 3M Scotch Guard Paint Protection Film
    All Taxes, Tags, and Title

$30,927

No other hidden fees. We did not finance, so no finance fees for the dealer to profit from. We did not negotiate a trade-in, so no inflated/under inflated #'s. Makes the water a lot clearer.
  • Options
    szerszer Member Posts: 80
    Hi, not meant to flame you or anything, but the 2000 MSRP discount does not mean that you will be paying invoice on your car, invoice for the car alone is $27033. Try adding what the accessories' cost online to the edmunds' invoice and you will realize that you are paying more. Another method would be to minus the accessories' cost from the price of your car and you will realize that you are paying more or less $28000 for your car (even with installation... i can find workshops who will install for $100-$150) and that thegraduate is probably right about overpaying ;)

I only paid $26600 for my 08 CRV EXL w/Nav 4wd and I doubt that the accessories will even come up to $2000+++ in installation and buying, hence overpayment.

$399 document fee is ridiculous, I only paid $57 document fees, another $$ in the dealers' pocket. If a dealer can make do with $50+ doc fee, why can't the rest? :sick:

There is no other fees related to the sales, expect for the 6% IN sales tax... and also I paid by cash :P
  • Options
    ramireajramireaj Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I received a quote today for a 2007 CR-V 4WD EX-L for $24799 (inc. destination and mud guards). Supposedly this is a special internet sale price. I am pretty sure I want to lease, but haven't made up my mind. If I do lease, I would not put any money "down". My questions are:
    - is this a good price for an '07? (In Indiana)
    - what type of monthly payments would I be looking at for a 48 month lease?
    - would you suggest a 48 mo. lease or a lesser term?
    (Quote for a 4WD '08 was 26,028 inc. destination and mud guards)

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi, where are you located in IN? and is the quote from Kokomo Honda?
  • Options
    bluebagbluebag Member Posts: 4
    I got a very good deal tonight from Grace Honda in San Bruno. The internet man, Aladdin, gave me a quote (good for the month) for my 08 CRV EX-L 2wd w/NAVI at 25,630 (out the door 28,177). He even threw in some dealer added extras. No hassles, no pressure to buy accessories or extended warranties. Business guy was easy to work with. Total transaction took about two hours. The down side is that their inventory is on the slim side and I don't know if you'll get a good price for something they have to hunt down. Well worth the 30 mile trip across the bay.

Dave
    Fremont, CA
  • Options
    ramireajramireaj Member Posts: 3
    Why do you ask? I am in Lafayette, but my family lives up north near Chicago, so I am flexible about where I can get my vehicle, although I'd prefer it to be close. Is Kokomo your suggestion?
  • Options
    Hi ramireaj... I am currently at Purdue right now... any dealer is fine, but please do not go to Bob Rohrman... they are blood suckers!!! I just got my CRV like 2 weeks ago
  • Options
    Hey ramireaj.... I got 4 friends that bought from Kokomo (3 civics, 1 accord) and I was going to buy from there, but the arrival time doesn't suit me and I found 1 EXL w/nav that was already on the ground. They were courteous enough to return me my deposit w/o any problem. I would recommend that you negotiate more on the price of that car... Let me tell you its details : its black on ivory (i saw the car before) and its been sitting there for some time. Try to push for 24,000 or even less!!! if you want to negotiate directly with the sales manager just click on my email and I will give you the Honda sales manager number!!! I got to know nearly everyone at Kokomo because some of my friends went there to get their Hondas :P
  • Options
    crvngcrvng Member Posts: 6
    2008 Honda CR-V EXL All Wheel Drive with Navigation

27,033.00 Invoice at Edmunds with destination charge

986.48 Bernardi parts (includes shipping, no installation)

289.95 P0218C 3M Scotchguard Paint Protection Film xpel.com
    229.95 P0218C
    14.99 shipping (no install)

28554.37 Total (Invoice + Bernardi accessories + 3M product)
    1621.98 6% tax on 27033 (online parts not taxed)

30176.35 Total (Invoice + Bernardi accessories + 3M product + tax)

30927.00 Actual Price Paid

751.65 Difference paid to dealer.

So glad I chose to purchase/install the accessories thru our dealer. Especially the bigger items, rear spoiler, fog lights and the 3M film. I have seen things go awry and felt much more comfortable knowing that the dealership was handling the whole job. If I have any problems, I only have to deal with them. I would have felt quite capable installing/dropping in the other 6 accessories myself though.
    Thank you. I do not feel flamed by the postings, nor by the dealer.

Love the fact there are arenas such as this to share info.
  • Options
    If you ever buy from bernardi's , please do a price match, they are not the cheapest around! I saved over 300 dollars doing a price match and combined shipping, buying from 1 website
  • Options
    smackldogsmackldog Member Posts: 82
    Hi all,

Earlier this summer, I bought a 2007 Accord 4 door EX I4 5AT here in the Northern VA (for my wife) and posted my experiences in the Accord forum after working with ddwmew (whom I met on the Accord forum) in developing a pricing strategy ($3K or more below invoice) in purchasing our Accords. I was even more surprised to see it being mentioned here in the CR-V forum! Anyway, I am now in the market for a second car (for me) and I'm looking at the CR-V.

I realize that the CR-V will not have the same kind of deals that we were seeing with the Accords per se, given the fact that we're talking about a 2008 model (which essentially is unchanged from the 2007 with the exception of the EX-L trim to my understanding) and in some markets, there is a demand/supply issue on CR-Vs. That said, I'm looking for:

1. Data points on pricing for those who are in the NoVA/MD/DC area who recently bought a CR-V (AWD, EX, preferably); where did you buy it from, and what did you pay for? I did a quick search on the forum and saw a post from pauloncall on his price paid for his '08 EX AWD for $22353 (+dest.+fees) which amounts to about $104 below invoice. Unless someone has better figures, I'll use this as a reference to start the negotations at when I send out RFQs to all the Honda dealers within the 50 mile radius in the next day or two.

2. Inventory of '07s vs. '08s; how much savings can one expect for buying an '07 rather than an '08 at this time of the year? A quick search of a sampling of local dealers shows the following:

2008 CR-V (all trims)
    Fairfax Honda 22
    Landmark Honda 16
    Koons Honda 17
    Tysons Corner 2
    Browns Arlington 20
    Leesburg Honda 10
    Bill Page Honda 12
    Ourisman Honda 20
    Criswell Honda 24
    Herson's Honda N/A
    Sport Honda 33
    Pohanka Honda 11
    College Park Honda 37

2007 CR-V (all trims)
    Koons Honda - 12
    Browns Arlington - 1
    Leseburg Honda - 1
    Ourisman Honda - 4
    Criswell Honda - 2
    Pohanka Honda - 1
    Criswell Honda - 1

With the exception of Koons Honda, it looks like most dealers pretty much are stocking the '08s. I was surprised to see the number of '08s on hand at Sport and Sheehy and am hoping to leverage their numbers for greater discounts. In terms of the CR-V, does it matter if I buy before the end of the year or beginning of 2008?

3. Having never own/driven a mini-SUV/crossover before, anything I should expect in terms of ownership? I'm coming from a 12 year old BMW hatchback ('95 318ti, 160K miles!) and one of the reasons why I'm looking at the CR-V is for balance of cargo and people space without moving to a mid-size/larger SUV.

4. Should I even consider the EX-L or EX-L w/NAVI? We have a 20 month old toddler (and planning for second one by next year) so you can imagine what daycare & diapers cost. :) While the features (leather, etc.) are nice to have, I'm thinking practicality; e.g. how is the Honda NAV compared to say, a TomTom or Garmin? And so forth.

Thanks!
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    With two younguns, you are going to want both space and additional seating over the next 10 years. (Taking for granted of course all of the latest safety and 5 star features). Having said I'd never own one (and then owned one for 10 years) ....the absolutely most practical vehicle would be a mini-van. Pick the flavor of manufacturer that you want, but that mini-van package is most practical for a family with young children.

Ease of entry (either you putting them in car seats, or them jumping out on their own w/bookbags), cargo capacity, long car trips w/movies, additional seating to haul them and their friends around (sleep overs, birthday parties, soccer games, etc) are all key features. As they are teenagers now, we still have a Suburban for those similar purposes.

Give your wife the new van, you take the Accord. You should be able to drive much better deals on a van than a CRV.

Oh, and I'd get a portable Nav (or Microsoft Streets & Trips if you run with a pc in the car). Cheaper, better, flexibility to move from vehicle to vehicle, etc.
  • Options
    sid78sid78 Member Posts: 10
    hi
    thanks for the inventory information.Helped me in getting some good quotes.I am looking for LX 2WD so cant help you in price info for your EX. But i am getting 2wdlx quote for 19400/ + taxes etc. Just curious what was your price strategy that got u 3k below invoice.
    thanks again for inventory info
  • Options
    4wheels4deals4wheels4deals Member Posts: 4
    I am also in the NVa area and looking to purchase CR-V EX-L w/ Navi 4WD. The supply of the EX-L trim is better than a few weeks ago but still limited. The best deal I have found is at Herson's Honda for $600 over invoice (which includes the $100 processing fee). I asked and got quotes from:

Fairfax Honda
    Koons Honda
    Tysons Corner
    Browns Arlington
    Leesburg Honda
    Bill Page Honda
    Ourisman Honda
    Herson's Honda

If you want to know who quoted what I'll be happy to pull that info together and post here. Interesting thing you say about Sport Honda and College Park Honda. I will send them a RFQ as well and if their inventories are truly this high then they might offer a better deal but also I have noticed that a deal may have lots of EX models but not EX-L ones. I guess it also depends on what part of the city they are in and if they expect to sell more of the high end trims.

I went back and red your post from July on the Accord purchase. Very interesting and I wish other NVa folks here would post their prices too.

BTW, this is my new post here (have been reading for a while but just registered so I could reply to you). Don't know if there is a way we can exchange email via this site because it would be cool to team up like you did with another person here for your Accord.

Also as for leather and navi ... I think leather is a must when you have small children. I don't have experience with aftermarket navi but I have factory one in my Odyssey now and I can tell you that I don't think I would ever buy a car w/o one.
  • Options
    You forgot to mention that the 2007 Accords have $2000 rebates on them, and they dont sell as fast as the Crvs in 2007 (declining sales)..., while the 08 CRVs do not have any kind of rebates on them
  • Options
    kiawah -

You're actually not the first one who has told me that a minivan would be a better choice. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a Sienna or Odyssey but since we only have a one baby right now and we're still "working" :blush: on the second one, I think a minivan may be a bit premature, at least for now. Since my wife has the family car (the Accord), the CR-V is to replace my BMW hatchback/coupe. I like the functionality of a hatchback but taking the baby in/out of a 2 door and also having elderly grandparents getting in and out of my car (when they are here to visit) was a chore/hassle. Hence, the CR-V.
  • Options
    szer - You're right; I'll go back and clarify it in my post. :blush:

Back in the summer, those aggressive discounting on the '07 Accords were based on the $1500-$2000 manufacturer-to-dealer incentives plus the dealers' need to clear out remaining inventory so that they could get their allocation for the incoming '08s in September. I believe someone on the Accord forum managed to beat both my and ddwmew's deal using the same price matching strategy.
  • Options
    sid78 --

The "$3K or more below invoice" was based on the incentives that were being offered on the '07 Accords at that time as well as price matching between the dealers to compete for our business. Oh, and I'm sure luck and timing were factors as well.

As I've noted in my initial post, I realize that there aren't any incentives on the CR-V at this time not to mention that in some markets, the demand for certain trim lines may exceed available supply/inventory as well.
  • Options
    4wheels4deals --

I'd be grateful if you could share your data points with the rest of the group here in the forum; I'm still debating on the EX vs EX-L and the EX-L w/NAVI pretty much busts the budget.

If you (or anyone else) want to take this offline and try to team up, I can be reached at dtay_us at yahoo dot com.

Thanks!
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    But even with one, you'll find when he/she starts walking that the ease of entry/exit is just a far superior arrangement for them. Whether day car or school, pull up, hit the button and door slides open, they jump in or out, hit the button to close, and you're off. Don't think about how he/she is right now, think about how active they're going to be in a couple years. Undoubtedly, you'll be hauling a bunch of friends around, either to soccer, car pool, etc.

I'd get it now, and plan to hold it for 10 years.

But whatever you choose, good luck.
  • Options
    Hi smackldog,

Plan for the future, don;t buy something that you can't afford or will lessen your budget for you baby's future education and etc. Saving up and planning early is good for your family, hence don't overspend. A car is a depreciating asset. Buy only what you can afford. My 2 cents of opinion
  • Options
    prelude1997prelude1997 Member Posts: 26
    smackldog and 4wheels4deals, I was just tasked with helping the in-laws buy an EX AWD. Do you guys want to see if we can get a better deal together? I'm in Olney (close to Rockville). Which dealer seems to be the most open to negotiation?
  • Options
    Hi After getting quotes from around 15 dealers and lot of negotiation , i am getting a final quote of 20200/-(ON ROAD PRICE) --CRV 2WD LX.
    It will be nice to get somebody giving an input if thats a good price or not.

HAPPY HUNTING
  • Options
    cbone68cbone68 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a EX-L, but also found it hard to get the car I wanted here in the DC metro area. Most of the places I called said they could not get me one, and tried to get me into a Pilot or a 07 (but never the color or trim I wanted). I was over in Easton, MD, visiting my folks and popped into Wheeler Honda. Best move I did, rather than try to foist another car on me, they found the exact car I wanted (color, trim, etc). Also at a great price (600 over invoice). Little bit of a drive from DC, but great folks. My two cents.
  • Options
    meishameisha Member Posts: 13
    I am looking to buy a 2008 CR-V EX-L FWD w/NAV. I have been getting internet quotes from various internet managers in the Los Angeles area. The lowest quote I got was $26,400 plus tax, title and license (I asked that he send me the quote in writing. He has not done so.). The next lowest was $26,888 +ttl. Good deal? Or am I paying too much? P.S. How can I get them to throw in some freebies? Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    smackldog and prelude1997:

Here are the quotes I have received for the Honda 2008 CR-V 4WD EX-L w/Navi:

MSRP Invoice
    Base $28,400 $26,398
    Destination Charge $635 $635
    Total $29,035 $27,033

Dealer Base Dest. Doc Total (excl Diff with
    Quote Fee Fee tax and tag) Invoice
    ----------------- ------- ----- ----- ------------ ---------

Tyson's Honda $27,650 $635 $299 $28,584 $1,551
    Koons Honda $27,600 $635 $399 $28,634 $1,601
    Fairfax Honda $27,900 $635 $289 $28,824 $1,791
    Bill Page Honda $27,753 $635 $299 $28,687 $1,654
    Hersons 1st $27,250 $635 $99 $27,984 $951
    Hersons 2nd $26,895 $635 $99 $27,629 $596

Othe dealers I listed before also sent me quotes but they were either for the wrong trim or the fees were not separated out so i could not tell what is the base quote they are giving me. The only one that I went back to for a 2nd quote was Hersons. They had the best 1st offer and then when I asked for their best deal they provided the 2nd number which is the same as the one the other poster got from Wheeler Honda in Easton.

It would good to team up here. smackldog, I'll drop you an email in a bit ... prelude1997, what's your email?
  • Options
    Looks like the formatting got messed up in the little table I made in the previous post. Here are the headings for the 5 numbers in the table:
    Base quote ..... Dest. Fee .... Doc. Fee .... Total (excl tax & tag) .... Diff with invoice
  • Options
    Give Grace Honda in San Bruno a try. Might be worth a trip up here to save several hundred dollars. They are located very close to SFO. See my previous post about buying a car from them (same as you want: 08 CRV EX-L 2wd w/NAVI.

Dave
  • Options
    szer --

Believe it or not, but I was actually ready to buy a 4 dr Civic EX sedan (especially with the 2.9% APR financing deal from AHFC) but when my Dad saw how small the Civic was, he stepped up and offered "financial assistance" to move up to a CR-V! A very nice "christmas present" so to speak.

:D
  • Options
    prelude1997 -

Where are you in regards to your RFQs so far? Have you gone to Honda's website to pull up the list of all the dealers, say, within a 25-50 mile radius, and requested quotes via online from their respective internet departments? That's what I did, and so far, have gotten quotes from 17 dealers since the first email went out yesterday.

They are (in no particular order):

Koons Honda (VA)
    Browns Arlington Honda (VA)
    Rosenthal Fairfax Honda (VA)
    Sheehy Honda (VA)
    Hersons Honda (MD)
    Bill Page Honda (VA)
    Honda of Tysons Corner (VA)
    Browns Honda City (MD)
    Ourisman Honda Bethesda (MD)
    Jim Coleman Honda (MD)
    Ourisman Honda Laurel (MD)
    Rosenthal Landmark Honda (VA)
    Hendrick Honda (VA)
    College Park Honda (VA)
    O'Donnell Honda (MD)

And also Apple Honda in York, PA (have family in that area) just for kicks.

So far, the lowest sales price that I've been quoted -- not including freight (destination), processing fees, tags/title/etc. or any other options is $21,739 and the highest is $23,350. And this is just the initial quotes. Processing fees vary from $100 (MD) to as high as $399 (VA) depending on the dealer. The one quote from the PA dealer only had a proc. fee of $55. I'm still waiting for a few more quotes to come in.

Here's another data point:

Seems that in the metro DC area, AWD EX-L's are hard to come by. The majority of CR-Vs on the dealers' lots are the EX AWD trims.

Tidbit:

Fairfax Honda somehow got me confused with another customer and also sent me a quote for an EX-L AWD for a sale price of $26,200. This is $3,205 more than the EX that they quoted me.

More to come...
  • Options
    mtwalitmtwalit Member Posts: 12
    I have a quote from a dealer (via AAA car buying service) that' s 20,060 + title. He didn't mention any dealer fees.
  • Options
    rasrirasri Member Posts: 3
    I also live in LA and I am also in the market for a CRV EX-L FWD w/NAV. If you (or anybody else) would like to team up with me pl. contact me at mahe74@hotmail.com
  • Options
    mtwalitmtwalit Member Posts: 12
    I should have mentioned that I live in Alexandria,Va.
  • Options
    Hi
    I live in herndon,va. I have got some quotes for lx2wd. Lowest is 20265/- on the road(includes registration, tags, processing fees, va tax) . Ask for your dealer if your quote includes all this. We can exchange some info to get even better quotes. My email is charansidhu5 at gmail. mail anytime.
  • Options
    berman2921berman2921 Member Posts: 36
    Hi, I'm looking for lx 2wd in MD. VA or PA are Okay too. I would appreciate if anyone gives me a dealership name where I can get a car close to $20,000 on the road. My best bet is $21,000 so far. Thanks.
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I have a 2 month old Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE with 3000 miles and I owe about $27,200 according to Nissan Payoff quote on the website.I have difficulty parking the vehicle because in my opinion the vehicle requires a wide turning radius. I'm also averaging 16 miles a gallon normal driving which is horrible.

I would like to get a Honda CRV to replace this vehicle even if I loose money. I don't think I can sell to a private party since it's worth considerably less. I'm in Los Angeles.

I was hoping to get some advice on how to buy a new '08 civic. I don't understand dealer holdbacks and other terminology, any advice while i'm inside the finance office? I also don't understand invoice. Any advice with a trade that will be upside down.

I can't wait for the day when i can just swing into a parking spot without needing to straighten out the vehicle and park. sigh..

Also, I read a review for the crv that this vehicle is designed for women buyers. Any problems with a dude driving this thing?

deperate in los angeles.

I am kind of late to this, but I would suggest that you keep the vehicle you have, at least until it is paid off. I don't know what you dorve before, but obviously you need to re-learn how to drive a bigger truck.

Question: Did you test drive the truck when you bought it, or just bought it on a whim?

Also, if you have hard time making turns, try throwing the truck into oversteer. Of course you will need to learn how to do that in an empty paking lot, but once you master it, it is fun, especially since you have a RWD truck. All you need is to overpower the adhesion of the rear tires, and then, with some practice, you will be sliding into parallel parking spots sideways :P

Jokes aside, you are probably looking at throwing a good chunk of change down the drain, I would estimate close to $5000-$8000.

As far as CR-V being a chick car... Any vehicle with automatic transmission is designed for women. Caddillac developed Hydromatic back in the 30's to attract women buyers... :surprise:
  • Options
    dclleedcllee Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote from a dealership for a 2008 CRV EX 2WD
    for $23500 out the door (7.75% tax and $200 fee included).

but then I saw an ad in the newspaper

Used 2007 CRV EX-L 4WD
    for $22500 with 11,000 miles. Perfect condition.

Which would you get? Perhaps I could get the price to go down on the 2007?
  • Options
    Try pohanka honda in freidricksberg. Mail me at charansidhu5 at gmail. we can exchange some information to get a better deal.
  • Options
    Yes, am interested in teaming up with you. My email address is mgin.realty @gmail.com. I am looking to buy by end of this month. I know what I want, now it is just a question of price and negotiation. The latest and lowest offer was $26,373 plus ttl at Harbin Honda (Anaheim) and Norm Reeves will match. What do you think?
  • Options
    Is the $25,630 include destination charge? How was the $28,177 broken down? I want to negotiate a price that includes all dealer costs including destination charges, plus tax, title and license. Reason why I ask is that I want to avoid being hit with any additional charges once I get to the dealership. I am getting internet quotes and am trying to pin them down on the price before I walk into the dealership. The lowest quote I am getting is $26,373. I want your deal and dealer added extras. More importantly, I want your 2-hour no-hassle buying policy. Thanks.
  • Options
    Dave, thanks for the reply. I will definitely contact Grace Honda. It would be worth a trip up north.
  • Options
    They were very straight forward. I too wanted to make sure there were no "hidden costs". Here is the breakdown:
    Car & accesories 25,630 ( I think I lucked out on getting a few freebies)
    doc fees 55
    tax 2,247
    license 167
    reg 68
    tire fee 9

total: 28,176

I paid cash with no trade in. I don't know if this made a difference or not.

Good luck!

Dave
  • Options
    zswxzswx Member Posts: 55
    hi bluebag, what freebies did you get?
  • Options
    I got the secure lug nut package & the paint and upholstery protection package. They were already on the vehicle and he threw them in at no charge. I think the retail on these is over $700, but I'd have to check my paperwork to be sure.

Dave
  • Options
    Is the secure lug nut package the same as "wheel locks"? If yes they cost only $20 online and about the paint and upholstery pp, I am not sure about those, but those should not cost the dealer a lot. Remember that a dealership's aim is to make money not to lose money. The retail prices on these items are like 200-300% (maybe 500% in some cases, like my local dealership(monopoly)) to what they originally cost, that's why they are called ADM (Additional dealer mark-up or I should say ADDITIONAL DEALER MONEY). A $700 retail is ridiculous and I would have left the dealership if they forced me to pay for the items above.
  • Options
    xxazngrl2000xxxxazngrl2000xx Member Posts: 11
    Hi everyone, :)

I'm new to this whole car buying process and learned a lot through this forum. I am looking to buy my first car, the CR-V, but apparently no one has it in Glacier Metallic Blue until next year. I got quoted $23,600 for it in Ardmore, PA (for just base model with no add-ons, tax (6%), tags, destination fee, doc. fee). They were willing to drop to 23,000 but we said we had to think about it. I also, got quoted $22,957 (base price, I believe, still trying to work out the price breakdown) from another dealer near the PHL airport. The only feature I really want are the fog lights. I also wanted to get the All season mats, mud guards, and wheel lock. I was going to see if I can get those as freebies, if not, I'll just purchase them online. My brother wants me to try to get fog lights/all season mats for $23,000 (before fees, tax, etc). Is that reasonable?

I read invoice is 22,547 (before destination charge).

I was thinking of letting them battle it out and see if would be willing to give me a good offer. Also, when would you mention freebies in the transaction?

Last note, my dad wanted it for $24,000 (including tax, tags, etc), and they said couldn't do that. I wanted to buy it for under $25, 000 out the door. Reasonable?

Any advice/input appreciated. I knew buying a car was crazy but wasn't expecting this. :) :confuse:
  • Options
    preetypilotpreetypilot Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market to buy one before new year. My budget is best I can get for $20k. I was looking for 2007 clearance even with few thousand miles but 08 prices seem to be very close and I am wondering if its worth buying 07?
    I don't care about color or trim but I will be in canada for couple of year project so I won't mind something that will help in snow (4x4).
    Can someone please share their experience if they recently bought in FL.
    Here is the first quote I got from Coggin Honda in Deland so far.

HERE IS A BREAK DOWN OF A 2008 CR-V LX 2-WD. WE HAVEN'T HAD 2007 FOR OVER A MONTH.

INTERNET SALE PRICE $19,512.68
    DEALER FEE 599.00
    FL. TIRE & BATTERY DISPOSAL FEE 6.50
    TOTAL TAXABLE 20,185.50
    STATE TAX 1,211.13
    COUNTY TAX IF 6.5% 25.00
    TAG TRANSFER FEE 78.35
    FL. LEMON LAW FEE 2.00
    OUT THE DOOR PRICE $21,501.98
  • Options
    naborsnabors Member Posts: 26
    I'm about to purchase an '08 EX-L and am looking for some basic information on the factory alarm system that comes installed with the '08 CR-V EX-L.

I understand the vehicle comes with a "Security System," but how extensive is this system? What exactly does it do and not do?

I've read about the pressure the finance people will apply in their office about adding an additional alarm system. Do you all recommend adding another security system to the system that comes with the car? Should this be installed by the dealer (at a high price, I'm sure) or can I go to an outside alarm system store to get something comperable at I'm sure a much lower price? What alarm specifically - manufacturer and model type, is the most appropriate for this vehicle?

Unfortunately, I'm not a do-it-yourselfer, so buying the system on-line or at a store and installing it myself is not a option.

I appreciate all your imput.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    xxazngrl2000xx --

Consider getting quotes from Apple Honda in York, PA's internet dept. Even though I'm in the northern VA/DC/MD metro area, I actually requested quotes from as far as York and Lancaster, PA (Jones Honda) just to see what they were like, and Apple Honda came quoted me $22,265 base sales price, not including dest., tags, taxes, etc. for a 2008 CR-V 4WD EX that I'm currently shopping. That puts them the second lowest among the 21 quotes that I've received initially, and this is just the first quote from them without any counteroffers yet. Also, did you also request a quote from Norristown Honda in Norristown, PA? I've been told that their service is pretty good but not too sure about their pricing.

Hope this data point helps.