Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• smkgsmkg Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a honda dealership in the Portland, OR area. If you have names of salespeople, please post them as well.

Also, does anyone know when the 2008 models will come out. I was wondering whether the deals on 2007 CRV's will be better just before the 2008 models debut. What do you guys think?
  • coast41coast41 Posts: 3
    Think you did very well. What dealer?
  • joepsoljoepsol Posts: 4
    Dick Hannah in Vancouver.
    It's about 23750.

I'm still looking around though.
    What's the best you've seen around here?
  • joepsoljoepsol Posts: 4
    So far I'm ok with Dick Hannah in Vancouver and St John's Honda. I have mostly corresponded through emails and phone calls. A couple of times, I looked at cars at Dick Hannah and I felt high pressure sales tactics and cannot recommend the salespeople I dealt with. But that's probably true for most auto salespeople.
  • vgsixvgsix Posts: 1
    Car price: 23376 (w/ dest fee)
    sale tax: 1636.32
    Title + doc Fee: 118.50
    Total(OTD price): 25130.82
  • mnfmnf Posts: 404
    I purchased my 06 through Dick Hannah and it was easy and they will matched and beat any price. I purchased my 98 Civic and 00 Accord through the one in Gladstone but they have changed hands since. All my dealings were on line never paid more than invoice but on a 07 new model its a different game.

>>> MNF
  • redmudredmud Posts: 3
    Thanks. I finally purchased a black/black EX-L AWD with no extra options for 25368 (+taxes+tags) at Brewster Honda a few days ago. No trade in. Financed through Capital One for 6.05%. The online deals for 8 yrs/100K hondacare warranty are tempting. Given the amount of electronics in the car, it may not be a bad idea to take it - hopefully, it will also give me better resale value when I do sell it 5-6 years from now. What do you guys think?
  • tomsr1tomsr1 Posts: 130
    I did not get it because CR says if you have the money for possible repairs past warranty the insurance is a poor bet.
    I have had HONDA cars since 1978 and 3 things have gone wrong.#1 1980 CIVIC altenator died,#2 1982 Accord wiring
    harness failure (covered).The only other thing was a 2001
    Acura with transmission problems,replaced under warranty.
    On the other hand my sons FORD WINDSTAR's AC crapped out
    at 60K and he had extended warranty,good thing!If this latest HONDA fails me big time I will go HYUNDAI next time.
    I also have a Toyota with 50k on it and basic warranty
    has expired and I will be very surprised if any thing
    goes wrong considering how I baby my cars.But an extended
    warranty buys peace of mind which is priceless.
  • Hi,
    I'm looking to purchase a new LX 4wd. I am in CT . What dealership did you use ? where in ny state are you ?
  • nyjaimnyjaim Posts: 5
    I used Lia Honda. I am in upstate NY. You have a Lia in Enfield, CT. I had been in touch with them not long ago when I was traveling by there. I went through their internet dept via their website for my price quote.
  • revivalrevival Posts: 1
    I checked Carsdirect.com and they're only discounting $200 for all the models. That seems really low especially for Southern California where there are over 30 Honda dealers. Is $1000-$1500 a realistic goal?

Or should I just go with the Pilot?
  • blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    Take the invoice price including destination for the car. Deduct all incentives and rebates. Also deduct 2% of invoice for dealer holdback. That's your 1st offer. Now what could be so hard about that? The rebates, incentives,invoices are right here on edmunds. Do your own work and you will learn more.
  • zhenglongzhenglong Posts: 4
    Hi, I am going to move to southern CA. Have you every contact the dealer there about CRV? How much discount can you get from them.I checked several dealer, they could only offer me 500$ from MSRP. What is the best dicount can you get from them?
    Honda CRV LX 4WD--OTD $22450 in Michigan (including every thing, 6%tax, title, plate, doc fee), good or not?
    Can somebody get a better deal?
    MSRP: 22395 including destination charge.
  • kst1kst1 Posts: 21
    Does anybody know whether Honda typically has any incentives on CRV around August? I am wondering if its worth waiting on a CRV till August atleast. I cant recall what Honda has done in the past years for incentives in fall. Thanks!
  • stevecarstevecar Posts: 148
    Whether or not they've had it in the past doesn't matter. The New York Times reviewed the CRV on Sunday and they basically said Honda is selling them as they come off the truck. Also, there are relatively few ads showing the CRV. Unless something changes, Honda won't have to lower anything. That is unless for 2008 Honda decides to do something so special that it would make the 07's unwanted.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,778
    Yeah, that'll work! NOT!

A zero profit deal on a CRV!
    People have come to expect incentives. This is what the industry has done to itself.

There is no reason to place incentives on popular cars that are selling well!
  • Thanks to everyone for all the info. Just purchased an 07 CR-V LX 4WD. Bottom line, taxes ,plates, etc. (CT tax 6%)
    ( Reg 2yrs, new plates not transfer/233.00) 23615.20.
    Includes all season mats. Purchased extended warranty on line from Saccucci,7yrs/120,000/miles 100.00 deductible for 805.00
    All done with extended warranty $24420.20
    Dealership is Mt Kisco Honda.
    They offered extended warranty 5yr/100,000 for 800.00, said they couldn't match other offer.
    Thanks all for the info. I have just buy Honda CRV 07 LX-AWD. OTD $22450, including tax, paper work, title and registration. Auto loan from my bank fixed rate 5.74% for 36 months.
    Car price is around $20075.
    I got 2 price quote around $22500 for this model. Others are from $23300 to $23800. Seems a good deal for me.
  • blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    Great buy! I guess you didn't buy it from isellhondas.LOL.
    I'll bite my tongue here....

If they really sold that CRV for 20,075, they lost money. There are no incentives on CRV's.

I suppose they could give them away if they wanted to.
  • sailormbsailormb Posts: 3
    My otd price in FL was 24,100; which did not include extended warranty; you got a better deal than I could find here on the west coast or even central FL. Way to go!
  • boxstergboxsterg Posts: 9
    I called my dealer that I purchase all of my Hondas from and they offered me $26050 + TTL=$28540 OTD for a royal blue. I really don't want the navigation since since I have it in my Porsche and my Acura. I am looking ofr a Royal Blue or Tango Red. This was the only thing he had in stock. So is $750 off the MSRP a great deal? It sound like it is and I shold jump on it. They closed and I will let him know in the AM if I want it. He also offered me $500 off the 2 EX-L's he has in stock. Unfortunately, I am not in the market for the colors has in the EX-L without NAV.

It would appear that this is a great deal. Can someone please confirm for me? :confuse:
  • guru_gguru_g Posts: 52
    I got $1500+ off MSRP on my EX 4WD. I think you could do a lot better if you try to get a quote from several dealers in your area at the end of the month. I found internet quotes to be better than going to the store in person.
    Do you have NAV in your vehicle? The difference in invoice price between the 2wd and the 4wd is $1113. You have a larger margin to work with. I may be able to squeeze another $300 on it.

Should I ask for $1000 off and the trunk tray, side moldings and floor mats. Would that be a good deal for this vehicle?
  • kst1kst1 Posts: 21
    When will the 2008 CRVs be hitting the dealerships? Any idea on the prices- unchanged/higher than the current models?
    Well, the thing is TWO different dealer give me this price. $22450 OTD for LX 4WD. I have to believe that at least they get some profit from this deal. Maybe this is their bottom line.
    The funny things is both price were getting from internet sale manager. I could never get price below 23300$ from the regular office manager. Maybe they are competing each other.
    I am trying to compare apples to apples on this. My quote for the EX-L w/ NAV was $26,645 Plus destination $595 plus TTL for a total of $28540 OTD. Has others received anything better than this offer.
  • crvme3crvme3 Posts: 140
    Go back through & read earlier posts... I completely agree with boxsterg, people were getting $500.00 to $750.00 off MSRP back in December of last year on '07 CRV's... at this late stage you should most definately be able to do better. Good luck to you :)