Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cass3cass3 Posts: 3
    looking for crv-ex. live in milwaukee area but could drive to surrounding areas or chicago. anyone had a good deal or good experience with any honda dealers in this area?
  • HELLO AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. LOVE HONDAS LOOKING FOR A GOOD PRICE IN CENTRAL FLORIDA CRV/AWD/AUTO. DOES ANYONE HAVE TROUBLE STOPPING QUICKLY ON WET ROADS WITHOUT HAVING ABS. THANKS JOHN
  • dugfdugf Posts: 2
    Hello,

I just brought home my 03 CRV EX (Blue) today. After a ton of research online and several online quotes, I got mine for an amazing price of $20855 Plus $45 doc fee, Tax and DMV fees. I also bought the cargo cover for an overpriced $199. With the cargo cover, I was out the door for $23,026 (the 8,25% calif. sales tax is a killer!).

I emailed about 15 dealers in Northern California and ended up working at Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose, they offered to beat my lowest price by $100, and when I went in, they beat it by almost $150!

I found Stevens Creek, Fremont, and Capitol Honda to have the best prices, and went with Stevens Creek because they are the closest to my home (and they threw in the first oil change for free!).

I was told by the dealer that they had a bit of a surplus of CRVs in N. Cal druing December so the price kept going down, but when I went in today he said they just raised the prices in the area by $500 - $700, depending on the dealer because they are selling quickly now. The great thing was that he honored our agreed upon price over the phone. He also told me this was the lowest price the CRVs have gone for so far. The other thing he told me is that the CRV price can fluxuate as much as $900 in a month, depending on demand, so if you don't like the price you get today, wait a week or two and see what happens.

I can't guarantee everything he said is true, but he was a great person to work with and I trusted him and would highly recommend him. If anyone want's more info, let me know.

Happy driving.

doug
  • $22,200 + TIL
    $ 2,100 - Traded in 1993/Honda/Civic/DX 4dr 103K M
    $20,100 + TIL is what I ended up paying.

Silver Metalic. No additional dealer installation except front-mud guards.

From Honda Auto Center of Bellevue.
  • Paid $21,750 plus T/T/T/, including front mud flaps for a CR-V Ex automatic in white (only white they had out of 4 EX's available). Miami has a large export market, so Honda's and Toyota's are not the easiest to negotiate.
  • icvciicvci Posts: 1,031
    Friendly Honda. Got my 2003 EX $900 under MSRP.
  • purchased on 12/30/2002

no trade-in, no dealer financing

$21,900 including towing package (hitch, wiring harness, hitch ball). The towing and installation was quoted at $300.

The final drive out price $23,500 (TTL included)
  • inky4inky4 Posts: 238
    Starting 2 January my dealer is selling all CRVs for $1500 under MSRP as listed on their web site.
    INKY
  • jguojguo Posts: 49
    Just helped my parents bought a CRV EX in Houston area. Various dealers quote prices between $21300 to $21700 before TT&L. The dealer we bought from didn't have the lowest quote on the CRV, but give a very good deal on the trade-in. Almost double the trade-in value from other dealers.
  • I am shopping for a 2003 Honda CR-V EX, and I am living in San Francisco Bay Area. Could any one please give me your newly purchased specs, price, dealer's name and the sale person's name?

Thanks.
  • This was the cheapest deal I found then, I live in New Jersey. No one else was willing to even discuss anything less than MSRP. Dealer: Paramus Honda.
  • sachitsachit Posts: 3
    Hi guys,
    I paid 19'550 not including tax and tag on new 4wd crv-lx AT with dealer installed keyless entry and security system. I was visiting my brother in OH and found this good deal. I thought I saved upto 800$ from what I was getting a best deal in PA( Philly area) where I live, but had to drive it for 400 miles
  • All,

We just picked up our Eternal Blue Pearl EX with automatic transmission on Saturday from Heritage Honda in Westminster, MD. The total price (not including tax and tags) was $22,060. This was the lowest I got from any dealers in the DC/Baltimore area. When we picked it up, we found they had also included the wheel locks which was a nice surprise. In addition, we also financed with them as American Honda offered us 5% for 60 months.

The next best dealer was in Rockville and was a couple hundred dollars more.
  • inky4,

Is this deal still valid? I'm a serious buyer who is looking to purchase the 2003 CR-V Ex/Auto within 1 month. Also, could you let us know where your dealer is located?

Many thanks
  • Seems like most of the dealers in New York would only come down about $500 off the msrp of 22,860. Then I called up the Costco auto program (FREE for costco members and I believe BJ'S has an auto program also but I don't know what there discount is), and they hooked me up with a dealer who said they would sell it for $21,851. The only extra thing I wanted was the side cladding which he said goes for about $650.00 which I thought was rather overpriced. so I went to another dealer with the price I got and he said the best he could do was $22,000 without the side cladding but with it it would only be 22,200. So if your pricing different dealers make sure you get your price and then include the accessories in the price because they can change from dealer to dealer. Does anyone have the side cladding? is it worth it? does it look good? I'm getting it in black. I haven't seen it with the cladding up close yet, only on the Honda site but I think I like it. Looks like I'll be buying it on Friday, just hope I don't have to wait to long for a black one to come in. Anyone get a better deal than 21,851 in the NYC area than this?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,598
    If you are getting black, don't bother with the cladding. No one will notice it but you, anyway. I have a black 2002, and I don't even notice all the black plastic that comes standard. Every time I see one in a lighter color, I'm always amazed at how much plastic is already on the truck, because it really doesn't stand out against my black paint.
    P.S.: I think the black is a great choice.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

And I'd offer you the opposite advice. Getting a dark color that shows every littl dent and ding? Get the cladding.

I wanted black my wife wanted blue, it's her vehicle, it's blue. But either way it'd have the cladding cause I hate door dings.

Look in to the front splash guards if you're getting the cladding, I think it completes the look.
  • KYFDX and ICVCI Thanks for your opinions. I ended up getting it with the cladding because I think it looks a little sportier and to prevent dents and dings. I picked it up today but they didn't have the side cladding so I have to wait a week or 2 for them to put it on. I paid $22,000 + registration ($65.00)and tax for crv ex automatic with side cladding and cargo cover. I was surprised that 4 mud guards, cargo net, wheel locks and moonroof rain guard were all included. Did anyone else get these extras for free?
  • I bought my 03' LX AWD AT for $20900 (including tax, DMV, destination). I am in midwest illinois.
    Can someone tell me if this is a good price?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,598
    Great price with all the extras. happy motoring!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• sachitsachit Posts: 3
    It looks like a great deal considering were you live. Two weeks back I bought a 03 AT Lx CRV with dealer installed keyless entry and security system for 19,550 not including tax and tag. I bought it in Columbus,OH.
  • Hi folks
    This is my first posting into this site. I am looking for a 2003 Honda CR-V EX in Detroit Metro area. Can someone help me out with dealer/contact person name and the price please. Thanks in advance.
  • pbuckpbuck Posts: 5
    Did your price $22,060 include freight? That seems like a great price. I talked to someone who got an EX with A/T at Sport Honda in the Auto Park for $21,400, probably w/o freight. I've been getting internet quotes, but the lowest I've received is $22,160 (incl. freight), which seems a little high.
  • This is my first post but I have been reading this board for a long time and find it very helpful. I'm helping my mom look now and she really likes the size of the Highlander but not the price. After test driving TrailBlazer, Envoy, Escape, and Explorer (with rebates there are great deals) my mom thinks she wants the CRV. She needs it pretty soon because her car is on its last leg. Not sure if her car will make it if we order a CRV and wait for delivery.

Went to 2 dealers who said we can order and wait for delivery in March. Then found Keenan Honda who has several available. They offered 22500 for EX Auto plus taxes and tags if we take delivery by EOM or 22000 if we order and wait.

Has anyone else been shopping in Philly that has found a better deal on an available EX? Does this price seem really high?
  • ileongileong Posts: 5
    Hello;

I just purchased a 2003 crv ex with auto, forrest
    green. Purchase price before destination/tax/license was 21,400
    with destination/tax/license came to 23,904

Purchased from Los Gatos Honda via their internet/fleet manager.

The one I purchased just came off the truck.
  • If your a costco member call there auto program. it's a free service and they'll contact a dealer close to you and the dealer will get in touch with you. I did this in New york and the price I was given was $21,851 crv ex automatic + tax and dmv charge($65.00 to switch plates from my old car). I then went to another dealer and told them the price I got. They told me the best they could do was $22,000. but with that price they told me they would include the side cladding and cargo cover that I wanted. The other place wanted to charge me $900.00 for the cladding and cargo cover. I believe BJ'S also has an auto program.
    If your not a costco member just find someone who is and use their info to find the price. you can do this on there web site also.
    Hope this helps. Good luck
  • Can you tell me the dealer in the NYC where you got your deal from? thank you.
    2003 EX AUTOMATIC

Paid - $22620 - including side cladding, front mud guards and cargo cover.
  • dft7dft7 Posts: 3
    In the DC/Balt region....around 22,000...is a decent price considering MSRP is 22,850....you may be able to leverage a better deal if you are prepared to write a check on the spot...get a letter of credit from your lender....I would shoot for $21,700.....I bought for 22K...here in the DC area with wheel locks...cargo cover (which is actually pretty nice)and mud guards...the inventory is healthy for CRVs more so than Odyssey...I have a 2003 CRV-EX...Auto....Chianti Red

A question however...for 03 owners...what are you getting for gas mileage? Either I'm not calculating it correctly or I'm getting some autrocious mileage....about 15 mpg....can someone help me calculate correctly or if someone else has low gas mileage let me know?

Also...6 speakers for the EX?....I only count 4....where are the other 2?
  • nano317, Bay ridge honda gave me the costco price of 21,851. they told me and showed me the paper work that it would be $700 over invoice, this also includes delivery charge.(I don't believe all dealers are affiliated with costco so you might want to check that out). The sales person also said he would throw in door edge guards. I believe all of the crv's come with this so I don' think he was really giving me anything. I went to plaza auto mall (also in Brooklyn) with that price and asked if they could beat it. they told me $22,000 was the best they could do. I asked about the side cladding and cargo cover and they gave me a price of $200 for each=$22,400. this is a great price for the cladding but you can get the cargo cover a little cheaper, for about $140.00 +shipping on-line. I planned on buying it on a friday but my dealer called me on wednesday and said he would take off $400 if I came in that day so that's how I got it for $22,000. I was also surprised when I picked it up that door edge guards, wheel locks, front mud flaps,cargo net and moonroof visor were all included. I'm not sure if eveyone gets these or if it was just from plaza auto mall but they were not listed on the sticker. I hope this covered everything. If you need any more info just ask. I'm not sure if I could give out my sales persons name but if you want it let me know and I'll give it to you. he was excellent. Good luck