Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• phisherphisher Posts: 175
    I think that would be a mercedes benz followed closely by VW. ;)
  • me3000me3000 Posts: 1
    Just wanted to say thanks to the board. Used the info here and from consumer reports to get it at 1200 off sticker. Great car and at a good price.
  • nflroyaltynflroyalty Posts: 10
    26,420 incl. dest. before tax, tag, title and admin(yacht) fee
  • trippy1976trippy1976 Posts: 1
    I finally went into a dealership today to sit down and talk best price. I'm in Florida.

$22,000 was the offer and includes destination. It seemed like a decent offer to me. I was asking for $21,000 as I'm under the impression that invoice on the EX is ~$21,400. But $22,000 with destination included puts the base price at around $21,400 - invoice.

This does not include the $500 Florida "Dealer Fee" which is the only non governmental fee left out of this to make up an OTD price. I have this temptation to ask for $500 more off the price off the car since that fee is (if we are being honest) just "extra profit" or at the least, me covering their cost of doing business. Who's being greedy in that situation - me by asking for the money off because I think it's absurd, or them for insisting on this fee?

Kind of want to close a deal soon so not necessarily interested in killing a deal over $500 but it's also the principle of it.
  • newmdnewmd Posts: 1
    We are about to buy an EXL w/ Nav, spoiler, fog lights, roof rack, and chrome running boards and were quoted $30.500. Sound like a good deal?
  • tsc2tsc2 Posts: 5
    looking to buy a CRV 4WD (base model). What price should be considered reasonable with the current $4/gallon gas price? Anyone with good experience with dealers in the Memphis, TN area?

Many thanks!
  • amty007amty007 Posts: 9
    On May 29 2008, bought a EX-L AWD, no navigation for $27, 297.00 :shades: out the door inclusive of destination, tax, title etc. in the NE Ohio region. Got the Glacier Blue color and had 0.7 miles on it when dealer showed us. Very nice, no pressure dealership. The dealer even threw in floor mats for free. Declined all the optional equipments & warranties as I wanted to shop around, but still have a weeks time to get back and purchase those, in case I decide to. Yesterday, as I drove it out the showroom it had just 4 miles on it as a part of pre delivery inspection (PDI).

Took me couple months to shop around on the internet..and I got my Crossover Recreational Vehicle :) for $397 below the edmunds invoice. I believe it's a great deal in all. But would like to hear from you guys as well. Now I'm a proud owner of a new HONDA :)
  • ccacpccacp Posts: 117
    Floor mats are included from the factory......
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,797
    keep hearing rumors of diesel Accords and CRV's but with diesel at a STAGGERING 4.79 a gallon in this area I can't understand for the life of me WHY anyone would want one. They cost a lot more to begin with and they don't get that much better mileage.

Plus the smell, availability problems etc...I mean WHY?

A) Diesel fuel may seem like it costs more, but in reality it does not.
    Right now, diesel here is about 20% more than gasoline.

B) Diesel engines get 30% better fuel economy, and can run on straight up filtered used up frying oil with minor modifications.

C) The difference between a gallon of diesel fuel and the number of miles one gets out of one gallon gives you 10% advantage.

D) Having the ability to run on filtered grease gives you another advantage. Biodiesel are more widely available than E85, and don't strain the food supply.

Hope these reasons are enough for someone to consider a diesel vehicle.
  • flatsflats Posts: 44
    keep hearing rumors of diesel Accords and CRV's but with diesel at a STAGGERING 4.79 a gallon in this area I can't understand for the life of me WHY anyone would want one. They cost a lot more to begin with and they don't get that much better mileage.

Here is a nice short article about the diesel European-market 2007 Accord, aka Acura TSX. It returned 53 miles a gallon highway, 34 in the city (Manhattan) and 44 in combined driving. Oh, and that low end torque, yummy.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/motoring/2004433293_dieselhonda23.html?syn- dication=rss
  • crv4keepscrv4keeps Posts: 1
    Is 28,300 OTD a good price????
    I know that its about 1300$ over invoice if you include holdback....but is it fair?
    No accessories....
  • jillanjillan Posts: 8
    I think 28,300 is high. I'm in California, but it seems like the prices across the nation are pretty comparable.

I was quoted 24,888 + tax & title for a 4WD EX-L CRV.
    and 23,900 for a 2WD EX-L CRV.

We recently purchased a Civic from this same internet salesman, who was good to his word on the quote, so we have reason to trust the numbers.
  • rickchanrickchan Posts: 2
    2008 HONDA CR-V 2WD EX-L . Dealer installed accessories( with door edge guards, wheel locks, splash guards & cargo tray ) For Free

Lifetime Limited Warranty - Unlimited Miles, Unlimited Years - Free of charge Only at Goodxxx cover the engine, transmission & transaxle.

SELLING PRICE (+) $ 24701
    ACCESSORIES $ 0.00 (Free 400.00)
    PAINT & FABRIC PROTECTION $ 299.00
    DIFFERENCE (= ) $ 25000.00
    STATE SALES TAX(+) $ 1,437.50
    FULL SERVICE DEPUTY FEE(+) $ 5.00
    DEALER DOCUMENTARY FEE(+) $ 50.00

TRADE PAYOFF(+) $ -
    ROAD/BRIDGE FEE (+) $ 11.50
    VEHICLE INSP. FEE (+) $ 23.75
    LICENSE$ TITLE $ (+) $ 93.80
    VEHICLE INVENTORY TAX(+) $ 53.43
    CASH BALANCE ON VEHICLE(=) $ 26880.

Is this the good price or not?
  • Thanks Jillian.
    Can you share the dealership you got the deal at? I dont mind flying to cali and saving a couple of grands...I can always drive it back to Seattle....
    Maybe you can PM me....
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,762
    A) Diesel fuel may seem like it costs more, but in reality it does not.
    Right now, diesel here is about 20% more than gasoline.

????

It still doesn't seem to make sense to me. I mean, how many people are going to use frying pan grease?

Also, at least where I live, diesel stations are few and far between. Saw one at 4.99 a gallon the other day. Regular was 4.19 a gallon.

To each his own I suppose.
  • chrishhchrishh Posts: 15
    About your point C. New diesels exclude running bio diesel. You are not going to modify one of the newer CR style motors and still meet emissions... let alone keep your warranty.

Show me a new diesel car that permits it, I would be surprised. Old style diesels are much more forgiving with fuel quality but today's high pressure fuel systems are not.
    Hi,

I'd be happy to, but I don't know how to PM (duh...?),

Just want to make sure... are you requesting multiple quotes over the internet and working with the internet department at the dealership. Once you start working with a 'salesman' on the lot, it's difficult to get the best price.

Much Good Luck~
  • colfaxwolfcolfaxwolf Posts: 11
    Boch Honda in Norwood, Ma is advertising an EXL w/Nav for $21,988. I am thinking about hopping on a plane in NC to go get one and then just drive it back home.
    No kidding, that's incredible!!
    Before you buy your plane ticket, you better call them again and VERIFY that price!

Even if it were a 2 WD NAVI CRV, they would be losing almost 4000.00 on that deal!

I think a HUGE mistake has been made here by somebody!
  • gagirl3gagirl3 Posts: 1
    I purchased a new 2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4X2 with 36 miles on 5/31/08. Drive out price was $25,800.
    Base price was $23,820.81
    Doc. fees $ 499.00
    tax @ 6% $ 1,459.19
    GA warr. rts.fee $ 3.00
    title fee $ 18.00

Total $25,800

Financed through Honda at 5.09% interest for 60 months. Monthly payment is $488.01 Is this a good deal?
  • 29,900 OTD in Knoxville, Tennessee
    include trunk tray, splash guards and cargo area cover (the one can fold into half)

I think there is not much difference between the 07 and 08 CR-V
    just make the adjustment of some minor difference.

Hope this information helps.
  • amty007amty007 Posts: 9
    hey ccacp,

yes you are right and HONDA includes the cloth mats, but I meant the rubber winter mats :)
    Two dealerships in the South Bay (of the SF bay area) that seem ready to deal and easy to work with are Larry Hopkins in Sunnyvale and South Bay Honda in Los Gatos.
    gagirl3, I'd say so.
  • crv16crv16 Posts: 205
    Do a google search for "boch honda" and you will find oodles of reviews of their dealership. They have a reputation as a "bait and switch" dealership.
  • wschecklawscheckla Posts: 3
    I hope gagirl got a good deal; mine was pretty similar. Bought in Central Valley of CA, from Tracy Honda after doing the popular email-a-quote to get pricing from all the other dealers around. Dealer said they would meet or beat my best deal, but then tried to reneg when I showed them my best 3 quotes. Typical dealer tactic; they capitulated when I said I would walk over $75 based on principle of their promise, and started to do so. Biz manager seemed to think my price was about as low as they went in our area though.

I purchased a new 2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4X2 with 32 miles (Black interior and exterior) on 5/25/08. Drive out price was $26,145.00, broken out as follows:

Base price was $23,980.00
    Doc. fees $ 55.00
    tax 7.75% $ 1,858.45
    title fee $ 251.55

Total $26,145.00

Financed through Honda at 4.99% interest.

I might have been able to get a lower price, but felt like this was decent enough.
  • colfaxwolfcolfaxwolf Posts: 11
    I have noticed over the last couple of weeks similar deals on other vehicles so I do not know that it was a mistake. However, I would never buy a plane ticket until I had a signed contract faxed to me though because you never know. There are certainly a lot of the old bait and switch stories out there on this dealership.
    If there are "a lot of the old bait and switch stories out there on that dealership", WHY would you consider buying a car from them?
  • johngtjohngt Posts: 14
    Sounds like you got a nice price and were pleased with the dealer. Would you mind saying which dealer you used? Thanks.