Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• arifshabarifshab Posts: 7
    How much you paid for the Car.
  • arifshabarifshab Posts: 7
    You bought the AWD CRV EX-L model 25K OTD. Wow killer deal. In MI here no body came that close. Lucky you:)
  • ssrissri Posts: 1
    Is this the OTD price? or price before TTL (Tax,title/license)?
    It is a great deal if it is the OTD price. Also the accessories that you mentioned (roof rack and xtended warranty) are they included in this price or not part of $25200.

Am shopping for EX-L AWD in the bay area. Lowest i have received is $25420 (includes dest) but doesnt include TTL.

This is just the first email response based on the request I sent through a website. I am yet to schedule a visit to the local store for a test drive.

Thanks
  • 2009h2009h Posts: 7
    Anyone got good quote on a 2009 CR-V EX-L w navigation in Cleveland area"? Will the price be lower if wait until after August?

Thanks.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    Re EXL w/ NAV ... currently you should be able to make a deal 11%-12% off from MSRP
  • I called 7 dealerships in the Utah/Southern Idaho area and quotes ranged from 25,512 - 25,820 (inc destination) with $299 non negotiable document fees. TTL also not included. Thoughts? Should I try to negotiate the document fee if they claim that all the dealers charge it and that they have to collect it? Thanks!
  • mvs1mvs1 Posts: 462
    We have that same $299 doc fee here in CT. This has actually lead me to a neighboring state, NY where it's $55.

Point being, tell them they can charge their $299 fee, and simply reduce the car's selling price by $250, for example. Allowing a dealer $50-60 to fill out papers and make copies is enough profit.
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 16
    As a point of reference, in Sacramento, California, I purchased a 2009 CRV earlier this year and the dealer charged a $55 document fee. I agree with a previous post by MVS1 that $299 seems excessive for what little they have to do to "process" the invoice and other minor paperwork. In this market, anything is negotiable and I would start by decreasing the non-negotiable document fee to a reasonable level ($55) for starters.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,797
    We have that same $299 doc fee here in CT. This has actually lead me to a neighboring state, NY where it's $55.

Point being, tell them they can charge their $299 fee, and simply reduce the car's selling price by $250, for example. Allowing a dealer $50-60 to fill out papers and make copies is enough profit.

I am pretty sure the CT doc fee is $175 or so charged by the state. Everything else is dealer gravy.
  • netak1netak1 Posts: 21
    How did you make out? Did you end up purchasing from the Rt. 22 dealership and, if so, what was your out the door price?

$24.5 - $25k out the door still seems highly impossible for the AWD EXL, when most dealerships in NJ are about $3k higher for OTD. Was it too good to be true or did you score an amazing deal? :D
  • sc75188sc75188 Posts: 12
    I ended up test driving a toyota rav4 and loved it better then the CRV. My father got the wrong model he got a quote for 24.5 out the door for the EX my husband got $26.8 for the child tray in the back and all weather mats for the ex-l which is still a good price but i"m sold on the toyota......
  • netak1netak1 Posts: 21
    Thanks for the clarification! I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. :D
  • tigerantigeran Posts: 1
    I want to buy 2009 Honda CR-V 4wd LX. The dealer gave me the price quote $21060 including destination in PA not including TTL. Is this a good deal?
  • katylin1katylin1 Posts: 18
    I'm sure there's probably answer to this somewhere...but I'm gonna ask anyway :-)
    I received several quotes on the 2009 CRV, but it one of the dealer said that he couldn't quote me with the options (he called it "accessories") I wanted. He said that later someone would talk to me about the options' cost and labor fee. So my question is: When I select the options like on HOnda's website, the price listed excludes labor cost to install the options??

So when I ask for quotes to get the best deal include the options or not? I'm confuse! I'm tired of going into the dealership to ask questions, Honda sales are very aggressive...too much that if it weren't for the car I wouldn't even buy from them!

I'm curious -- Is the price quoted only good for the cars in their inventory? Or does it also apply to orders (I'm also looking for a different model in case HOnda pans out). Thanks anyone!
  • spgegg2spgegg2 Posts: 1
    I currently have a price quote of $26,219 for an '09 4wd EX-L w/Nav (not including destination, tax, and tags). Does this sound like a good deal?
    Anyone give me an idea if quote of $24,500 + TTL a good price? There's no options on this one, but I did get another for $26363 + TTL w/tailgate spoiler, fog lights, Hood deflector (Honda website runs about $800). I'm thinking it's alittle high the second quote, and it might be because of the options plus the labor. But I'm thinking maybe this person I know can do the add-on accessories cheaper, and just go for the $24,500. What do y'all think?

Thanks!
    you can get discount price by ordering Honda parts and accessories from
    http://www.bernardiparts.com/

you can check for installation price by calling different honda dealers near you. Bring the accessories to the cheapest offer.
    Thanks for the input, bigdadi118. You're quite right. As a matter of fact I'm checking to see if this person I know can do the accessories for me since he's a mechanic and there are instruction/videos available for him to see. So I was just wondering though -- do you think the $24500 quote is good? TrueCar.com had it at $24,309 while Edmunds had it at $24,939 (all invoice price). According to TrueCar.com the actual dealer's price is $23,918. Of course no numbers are un-negotiable...but it would be nice to say "wow" I got a great deal...you know :blush:
    katyline1

I like the deal price at $24,100 for exl awd (inclusive of dest charge)
  • hikirtihikirti Posts: 2
    Thanks guys for helping me out!! This forum was a big help. I picked up AWD EX at 25000(OTD) in bay area. Probably could have done a couple hundreds better but I am with happy to get my CRV finally. :)
  • manchalasmanchalas Posts: 2
    Thanks to all the people in this forum.

I have haggled and searched from dealer to dealer and finally bought my Honda CRV LX AWD at 3700$ less than the MSRP.

The MSRP is 23200 and I got it for 19500.

My advice to everyone, the MSRP is just a gimmick. We can really haggle and get a lot less on any vehicle. The best way to buy ANY NEW vehicle is; goto kbb and get the previous year model private party value with 10,000 miles. That price will tell you how much you will probably get for your vehicle if you sell it after one year. See that value and add 1000 or 2000 to it to get your new vehicle value.

My experience says if you bargain well, you can get 15% off MSRP for any vehicle. That may be the least any dealer can go too.
  • megahitmegahit Posts: 10
    Hi Manchlas,

This sound to be a good price. Can you tell in which area and which dealer that you the vehicle from ?

What was the OTD price that you paid ?
  • jleijlei Posts: 3
    A Honda sales person quoted me $25,500 for a CRV EX-L AWD with navi. That sounds like a pretty good price. That's not the OTD price. I've been to two other dealers and they all tell me this is a bogus price. I'm going back Friday and keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Wow - that seems like a screaming deal - any chance you could email me that quote? I'm looking to buy in the next few days and would love to get that price.
  • ramohioramohio Irvine CAPosts: 15
    2009 CR-V LX AWD Urban Titanium Metallic with black cloth interior built in East Liberty OHIO - MSRP $23,115. Paid $20,700 + $200 for cargo cover plus TTL in Columbus Ohio. There was $500 Factory to Dealer Incentive. So, price was almost $900 below invoice. Financed with Chase @ 6% APR, 0 down. Could have I gotten a better price? Probably. Financing? I got approved. I wish there was special Honda Financing like with Civic. I almost bought the Civic Hybrid @ 3.9% APR with the $2000 Factory to Dealer Incentive. But I had to have the CRAVE!!! Could have got much better price discounts and special APRs on so many other vehicles. But I afraid to buy any brand but Honda. I own the 2005 Honda Element EX AWD and it is the most troublefree SUV, and I love it, despite the bumpy ride and 20-23 MPG.
    2 hours in and out. It was easy, painless, and no-pressure. I recommend the dealer Hugh White Honda. My friends and family have purchased many vehicles there.
  • jleijlei Posts: 3
    I got the quote at the dealership, but I couldn't make up my mind at that time. I will go back tomorrow and see if the guy keeps his word on the price.
  • Please keep us updated or private mail me the info if you would - I'm going to buy tonight or tomorrow!

Thanks in advance!
  • manchalasmanchalas Posts: 2
    Hi megahit,

I bought it from Herb Chambers, CommonWealth ave, Boston, MA.

Yes I agree the price was a killer deal; 3700 off MSRP. But I guess not all dealers can do that price. Some dealers straight away rejected me. I had to go through lot of dealers to settle at that price.

Even edmunds.com says any dealer will offer 1500 off msrp without a bargain. If you bargain well, they'll offer 3000 or more.
  • Did you get upgraded 6 spoke wheels?
    Thanks,
    Ron
  • GCN71GCN71 Posts: 9
    I live in Arlington, Va and am looking for a CV-R EX L AWD with NAV and want to find the best price in the Washington, DC region. Any help?