Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am from Lisle, IL and the tax was 7%. The initial quotes without the TTL , doc fee were as follows 24967.11, 25080, 24653, 25137, 25108 respectively.
  • leto123leto123 Posts: 28
    Looks like you got some pretty good quotes. Do you have a trade-in? Be careful that they don't rip you off there or by convincing you to buy a way overpriced warranty. I would always recommend negotiating on price and/or extras such as all-weather floor mats. I'm in Chicago and am also looking to buy a CRV EX-L in the next few days. Can you please share which dealership gave you the best bid? Thanks!
  • Thank you for the advice. As of now, the best bids were from Honda of Joliet (HOJ) and Brilliance Honda of Crystal lake(BH) and Brian Bemis Honda(BB), Sycamore. HOJ quoted 24967 and BH quoted 24653 and BB quoted for 25080. I asked HOJ about that and they claim people are reportedly ending up paying more for accessories like pro-pack, which they claim to have already on and is "something which everyone wants on their vehicle". I am not sure if I will need the Pro-Pack, which I assume is a combination of Wheel Locks, cargo area mat and splash guards. I would appreciate if you can advice me on that.
  • And, I have no Trade-in.
    Thanks for the info! You shouldn't let them charge you for any addons you don't want because they are WAY overpriced. You can always get those addons later on websites like www.cheaphondaparts.com or even from the dealership service department (you can call the service dept of a few dealerships and say you just bought a new car to get some estimates). I'm going to contact some dealerships tomorrow. I will post what I learn here.
  • AJ34474AJ34474 Posts: 14
    Buy your accessories online they are MUCH less expensive.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    There are a couple Honda dealers selling very good discount pricing on parts and accessories online

Majestic Honda, RI

Bernadi Honda, MA
  • sug2sug2 Posts: 2
    I'm considering purchasing a CRV EX-L. 2 WD. I have a car that qualifies as a clunker; however, the trade-in value is about the same as the clunker $.Can you purchase a car using internet dealers and trade-in a car (or use the clunker program)? Do you save money by going through an internet service? What should I pay for a CRV EX-L? Thanks.
    Quick update - I'm getting the same bids as you, with Brilliance Honda of Crystal Lake having the lowest having the lowest price of $24,653 for the EX-L 4WD.
  • vgalmontevgalmonte Posts: 9
    I just got a quote of 25,242 for a 4WD EX-L 22,177 For a EX and $315 a month for a 36 month lease 12k per month and $2000 down. I also had a quote of 26,118 for a ex-l with nav. These offers sound good to me I might stop by and mention that I'm looking to get rid of my current lease (07 Taco) I'm midway through my lease and am at a $21,074 payoff, but truck is worth between 20-24k what do you guys think?
    another dealer just emailed me EX 4WD $21,944.14 EX-L 4WD $24,258.01 and 352.67 a month lease on ex-l and $26,589.59 on a ex-l with nav. Nav is a great feature but do you guys think its worth it? Does the regular ex have blue tooth or no?
  • I've just really started searching in the Buffalo NY area tonight (Laks and Lia) for the CR-V EX AWD and the 2 quotes I got were 24,000 and 23,500. Where did you get the lowest from if you don't mind me asking?
  • where are you located that your are getting a quote of $21,944 on the CRV EX AWD? That is amazing! I'll try to aim that low if you are close to Western NY.
    I am in Northern Jersey the quotes I got were from DCH Honda and Paul MIller so we are not that far apart.
  • peter76peter76 Posts: 6
    Before buying a new CR-V, please be awared A/C system of CR-V may have a designing issue and the compressor may explod or lock up right after 3 years warrenty or 50,000 miles. It will cost you $3,000 to $4,500 to fix it. Then, it may fail again in a few years!
    Does the reported price (EX-L 4WD $24,258.01) include the $710 destination charge? If so, that's a great deal. In general I've found that many email quotes don't include the destination charge, so they look fantastic at first glance and then look less so once you add it in.
    BTW, none of the CRVs come with Bluetooth - even the EX-L w/ Nav.
    Thanks allot guys well this is my last pitch just sent this to like 5 or 6 dealers. What do you guys think? What apr have you guys been getting by the way?

Alright I decided that I'd like to go with the EX-L AWD CRV in Blue Pearl with grey leather and no additional options. I was just wondering does your quote include the destination charge? The best Internet quote that I received was $23,940.00 and $315 a month for a 36x12 lease with a $2,000 down on this SUV. Are you able to beat these prices at all? What is your total out the door price on this CRV? And what APR are you able to give me on a 60 or 72 month loan, and are you able to give me a monthly payment amount on Tier one credit? I am motivated to take the CRV home by Friday this week if something can be worked out which we can all be happy about.

Thank You, Virgilio Almonte Jr.
    I haven't looked into financing much, but I would recommend getting a quote from your bank and a few other places so you have something to compare to the dealership's offer. It puts you in a better negotiating position.
    You don't have advantage if the trade-in price is same as clunker's, but there is advantage of $100 dealer to you by scrapping your clunker comparing the trade-in.
    Buy the Honda Care Extended Warranty ...
  • "Before buying a new CR-V, please be awared A/C system of CR-V may have a designing issue and the compressor may explod or lock up right after 3 years warrenty or 50,000 miles. It will cost you $3,000 to $4,500 to fix it. Then, it may fail again in a few years!"
    ------------------------------------------------

Those issues are on the 2002 thru 2004 models and maybe on the 2005 model as well, not the current models if one reads up on the air compressor problems on this forum
  • rissyskirissyski Posts: 1
    Received a quote for a CRV EX FWD for 21, 610.93 my OTD price not including tax is 21,887.43. Is this a good price for this? Also I want the all season mats, Cargo tray splash guards and remote engine starter, what would be a good price for these? I haven’t asked for these yet. I would like to pick up the car on Friday.
    Thanks
    You may have a tax advantage with a trade-in that the "Clunker" option does not offer.
  • kw_dakw_da Posts: 73
    I know, bad to reply to your own posting, but can't edit now.

I just found out that they charged sales tax incorrectly on my purchase - hopefully they'll fix it with in a week or so. Dealer is currently reviewing policy. For California, dealers are suppose to deduct the "cash for clunkers" then charge sales tax. See CA Board of Equalization Special Notice

Good to know this before going to the dealer. :)

David
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,797
    I've just really started searching in the Buffalo NY area tonight (Laks and Lia) for the CR-V EX AWD and the 2 quotes I got were 24,000 and 23,500. Where did you get the lowest from if you don't mind me asking?

There is also West Herr Honda in Lockport, and Don Davis in Amherst as well.

You can go as wide as Erie, PA and Rochester, NY, to get more dealers involved.
    General question - if you're paying cash for a car can you pay with a normal check or do you need a cashier's check? Thanks.
    Yes, a dealer will accept a personal check. However, they will not process the title until the check clears. Most dealers will accept almost any form of payment that is in $USD. I paid for my last new vehicle with a MasterCard because I wanted the 1% cash back that my bank offers. The dealer wasn't to happy paying the 3% service charge. The dealer told me that he once had a guy who bought a vehicle with USPS Money Orders.
  • Don Davis emailed me a quote of 23,188 for the CR-V EX AWD cloth seats, and waiting for an email from West Herr Lockport yet and just started to contact Erie Pa and then I'll check out Rochester, NY
    Dealer will allow you to use credit card up to a limit around 3,000
    They won't let you charge CC for the whole car price, except you bought it in MSRP.