Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• crvdude1crvdude1 Posts: 47
    Not sure, just call American Honda. They will give you a more reliable answer then the dealers.
  • joconnorjoconnor Posts: 26
    White Plains Honda ask for Walter.
    Price without taxes $24,615

No haggle
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,881
    There are no "special" finance rates on CRV's at this time.

No reason to do this with the slim inventories everywhere.

That said, the interest rates that Honda, and other lenders are charging right now are excellent. If you are in the top tier, credit wise, you should be able to find rates in the 4-5% range.

Finding the exact CRV you are looking for may be the challenge.
  • crucialcrucial Posts: 35
    edited March 2010
    No current incentive offers for 2010 CRVs. However, that doesn't mean you cannot negotiate for a good price/rate.

Sometimes, you are better off long term if you get another vehicle not as much in demand as the CRV (as stated above by RONBARS)

For example you can upgrade to 2010 Pilot LX 0.9% APR for about the same amount $$$ of a 2010 CRV EX-L at 5-6% APR.

Since the NEW MMC 2011 Pilot is coming out in just a few months, dealers are willing to clear out the 2010 Pilot. In return you would get more for your $$$, more power, more space, resale value in the long run. ;) ;)
    edited March 2010
    Nobody that is in the market for an EXL CRV is going to buy a Pilot LX. Isn't going to happen.

What is an MMC Pilot?

A lot of people have no use for more power (less gas mileage) and they don't need or want the extra space. On resale value a CRV holds resale value as well or even better than a Pilot.

The vehicles that are not as much in demand may not be a bargain in the long run.

Cars that aren't in demand as new cars fare even worse later as used cars.
  • crucialcrucial Posts: 35
    edited March 2010
    MMC: Minor Model Change - Mid-cycle freshening of an existing model. Often limited to subtle cosmetic changes but sometimes new trim levels and/or drivetrain options are introduced.

Since the "newly refreshed" 2011 Honda Pilot is coming out in a few months (April/May), the 2010 Pilot will be at a discounted price to clear the dealer lot. The Navi will be available in the lower level 2011 Pilot EX-L ( for 2010 Pilot, Navi's only available in top of the line Touring).
    MMC...new one on me!

I don't expect any changes that will be significant and, yes, I know NAVI won't be restricted to Tourings which is a good thing.
  • ronbarsronbars Posts: 11
    I suspect, as you mention, that AHFC will have an excellent interest rate even if it's outside of a special program. They've always been pretty competitive in the past. You're correct about finding the exact model we're looking for (Royal Blue 2WD EX-L/NAV) -- if we could find one today we'd buy it.
    You must live in a southern climate.

I'm in the Seattle area and a 2WD NAVI would be saleproof for us!

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a special AHFC rate on a CRV.
  • flyer333flyer333 Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Sounds like a good price - I was quoted about $25.5 OTD from a dealer in Montgomery County for an almost identical model. Do you mind if I ask where the dealer in Baltimore is located?
  • stripe1stripe1 Posts: 72
    Going to pick up a CR-V EX-L 4WD painted white for $25,961 +tax and tags.. MSRP $28,455. I thought about an Acura RDX Base FWD, but for $5,000+ more, I don't feel it was worth it. However, it was tempting.
  • crvdude1crvdude1 Posts: 47
    Congrats! That is a pretty good deal!
  • baksharpbaksharp Posts: 1
    Hello,

thanks a lot to everybody and especially ewujun for sharing his experience and also thanks to quinsong99, It helped me do my homework.

So, It's time for me to do the KARMA. Here it is -

I finally bought the Honda CRV 2010 LX 4WD, Black Ext, Black Int from the Dayton, OH area from the same dealer that ewujun bought.

Matt Castrucci (not a very high-five-jazzy place,no coffee, mineral water etc.. but the price was right!.).So, drove from Columbus OH and picked it up. Finalized everything on the phone before leaving.
    $20880.90 plus tax, title, fees.
    Sales Tax 6.75% for Columbus OH.
    Total paid - $22,601.73 out-the-door.
    In and Out from the dealer in 1.5 hr.-2 hr.
    Hope this helps somebody out.
    What do you guys think of this deal?
    Thanks.
  • rkj1rkj1 Posts: 11
    Did you finance it or cash ? What finance rate are they offering honda ?
    It wouldn't matter what rate that person received because rates are based on Fico/Beacon scores.

It all depends on what tier you fit in. The higher your score, the better the rate!
  • wgd949wgd949 Posts: 1
    polarbear..which so call dealership? The deal looks good to me.
    Thanks Crydude1. Now I have to sell my 2006 Accord EX-L V-6 W/Gold Pckage. (42,000 miles with 35,000 of these miles highway) I didn't want to trade, for dealer's always low ball.
  • Paid about $20,600 (all dealer fees included) + tax & tags in NC for 2010 CRV-LX 2WD.

Invoice is about 20,766 (base 20,056 + dest 710)

So reckon about $200 below invoice.

Happy shopping!

Suggestions to would-be buyers:
    1) Call around for pricing
    BUT (a twist here)
    2) Step into a physical dealership that is NOT the one with the lowest price - test drive, haggle the old way, let the sales person smell blood, wear em down, then go for the kill (Jaws music). You bite off someone's time, their willingness to sell goes up.

You've got a better chance of going below your lowest price. Phone calls can only get you so much since the salesperson time is not 'vested', and for these sales people, once you fall below their ceiling price, they would rather wait and sell to the next sucker to walk into the dealership. It improves their chances of a quick sale if there is a car in the lot of a different color vs selling to you at a low price.

3. Your lowest price remains your backup...

And please, why do all dealers want to sell Urban Titanium color? I suggest not to let color choice known till you get the price fixed. I would not let them decide the color for you.

Best wishes...
  • fasttexfasttex Posts: 24
    What are "Highway" miles? :) :)
    "Highway" miles: Majority miles on odometer are from vehicle being driven on open highway where there's no stop and go traffic.
  • varsivarsi Posts: 2
    That is a fair deal. I am also shopping one of that kind (CR-V ; 2WD - LX ). Can you pls provide me the dealer name & location in NC. I am currently in Raleigh.

-B
  • varsivarsi Posts: 2
    I am also shopping for (CR-V ; 2WD - LX ). Can you pls provide me any dealers & location in and around Raleigh,NC who can sell at the Invoice or less than Invoice.

Thanks in Advance

-Varsi
  • Let me have your email or tel number at following address for info...

erudite.res at betaemail. com
  • art662art662 Posts: 1
    Thanks for the Tip to bajsharp and ewujun for helping me in your posts.

I also contacted Castrucci of the best deal I could find. It's a 4 hour drive from home in Indiana to Cincinnati for the best deal.
    Beat any dealer in our area by 1,000.00 and 550.00 less that Louisville's lowest.
    2010 CR-V EX-L 2wd Polished Metal with Black Leather

24,750.00 with destination
    250.00 doc fee
    1732.50 7% Indiana Sales Tax
    30.50 Title and Tag Fee

26763.00 Out the door.

Some might have done better, but I'm pretty happy.
    Thanks again -
  • eka1eka1 Posts: 28
    don't understand your point. so when you sell your car to a dealer or person do you think anyone is going to believe or care that its highway miles. The way I see it is miles are miles no matter if you drive city or highway
    eka1: Hey genius, living in a city, and daily driving from red light to red light, and top sign to stop sign is tough on ANY car. And, don't forget the stop and go traffic. More gas is used, brakes need replacng much sooner, w/alignment('s) done much sooner from mucho pot holes, tires wear, more oil + filter changes, inside cabin filter changed more often, a/cleaner under hood changed more often, much harder on transmission. I have 42,000 miles on vehicle, and brakes are like new. Shall I go on? Yes, people do care. I strongly believe most people on this site share the same though's.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,584
    People care.. but, no one believes it.. (enough to pay more for it)

And.. dealers, especially don't care... because, they have no way to prove it on resale..

So.. it sounds good, but in the market, it is, "miles are miles".. If you are selling the car to your neighbor or best friend, then it might be worth more to them, because they can verify it... (but, then.. can you really get top dollar from a neighbor or friend?).

That is the hard truth, I'm afraid.. Fortunately, a car this is well cared for will show in the cosmetics and service records. That is what will set your car apart.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• fasttexfasttex Posts: 24
    edited March 2010
    It is one of the myths of the car business, so miles are miles. Most dealers now use two sources to determine the value of a trade, the "Black Book" which is updated about weekly or the Mannheim auction which tells them EXACTLY what a car likes yours sold for at auction. If you plan to sell your car privately you must get at least 20% more for it than on a trade as most states charge sales tax on the trade difference. Professional salesman are struggling to sell cars, what makes you think that you can do better? Have people come to your car lot, arrange financing, fix everything that needs fixing, negotiate with an idiot that wants to beat you up on the price (that's the point of this forum) and then deal with them after the sale. Use average trade value (80% of 4-year-old cars are average) from Edmunds and you will know what to shoot for and if you get a bit more, that's great!! Dealers are taking a chance on ANY used car they take in, after all, it's USED. :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:
  • rusurerusure Posts: 10
    strip1: Hey Junior, eka1's comment was about the irrelevancy highway miles has on the resale of your car, not how much worse stop and go driving is on the vehicle. I think most educated auto people are aware of the stop/go impact on a car. His point is spot on. None of the publications NADA, KBB, Edmunds, Galves, etc) that list used car prices have a "highway miles" section. At the end of the day, if I'm buying your used honda, my offer is going to be based on the published value of the car - period.
  • samizazasamizaza Posts: 1
    The best price I could find in Massachusetts OTD including Tax(6.25%): $29,370

On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being Excellent), where does this deal fall?

Any one in New England with a better deal?