Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• finadvfinadv Posts: 59
    edited August 2010
    That would be over"paid." Use the spell checker.

PS. A RAV4 "IS NOT LUXURY" EITHER. OVERPAID AT $22K.
  • pandauspandaus Posts: 2
    i got a quote for CR-V LX for out the door price 22453 and EX out the door price for 24792. i am in los angeles. any one think those are good deals? or is there any chance to get lower price?
  • I bought a 2010 CR-V EX 4WD in New York today for:
    $23752.00 including destination
    add: tire tax $12.50
    License, title, registration (new plates) $181.50
    Inspection $10.00
    Doc fee $75.00
    plus tax
    I financed through Honda at 2.9% financing.
  • xsssssss1xsssssss1 Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    Just bought a new CR-V LX. OTD price is $22100 in DFW area (including some dealer's add on options). The dealer also recommended Carefree Car protection warranty (8 yrs/120000 miles) provided by Fidelity, which is platinum and covers almost everything. But I have to pay $1500 for the extended warranty. I have never bought any extended warranty before, has anyone here bought it? is it useful? What is the experience about it? Thax.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Search here on Edmunds for Honda extended warranty, i think you'll find some information on how to get a warranty that will be much cheaper.
  • uzitouzito Posts: 11
    Forget about any 3rd party extended warranty. If you live outside of California and Florida, then Honda Care would costs much less if purchased thru any of the online dealers (Hyannis Honda, Bernardi Auto Group, Saccucci Honda and others). 8y/120k/$0 deductible plans are ~$1070 (or a bit less) and you'll pay no sales tax.
    You can service your car at any US Honda Dealer.
  • pmzpmz Posts: 26
    just traded in my 2006 Civic Hybrid for the CR-V. Hard to measure the real out the door price as you are negotiating both the cost of the CR-V and the value of the HCH. But I targeted TMV for my region and paid a few hundo more than that. However the dealer gave me a sweet price for the HCH (about $2K more than my best other offer) so I am pleased.

BTW what color is exactly the urban titanium? Brown? Silver? Gray???
  • xsssssss1xsssssss1 Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    The Urban Titanium is a kind of brown color with a little bit darker. You can find what the color exactly is from edmunds.com or Honda's home page.
    It is a good color. In our case, we picked up polished metal.
  • ncruzerncruzer Posts: 18
    I am shopping for a CRV-LX or CRV-EX 2WD, in the Bay Area, got 2 quotes but I think they are high (LX 22.5K) and (EX @24K). Anyone have any experiences with local dealers they want to share

:shades:
    Thanks
  • Sorry, forgot to clarify, the $28,100 is out of door price for EX-L, 4WD without NAV and no other add-ons (well, just the wheel locks), the car price is around $25,600.

Is it still good, or can I do better. This is in Northern NJ.
  • I didn't buy carefree protection but I did buy an extended warranty for my 2001 Honda. I never used it. Never needed it. It cost me $1000. Wouldn't recommend buying extended warranty for Honda. They are just too good a car.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,797
    I CANT BELIEVE THE AMOUNT YOU GUYS PAYING FOR A HONDA CRV, ARE YOU GUYS EVEN TRYING TO DEAL. THIS SUV IS NOT LUXURY.

A bare bones CR-V LX 2WD at $20,000 is still a better deal than a bare bones RAV4 2WD, since it really is a bare bone. I believe it has been shown that even brakes on Toyotas are optional. :P
  • vkasikvkasik Posts: 6
    first time buyer...While i have researched on edmunds on the do's and dont's of buying a certified used car, it would be helpful to get an idea from fellow customers suc as you...

Anybody think the below is a reasonable deal ?
    Particulars:
    2009 Honda CRV LX AWD pre-owned ~25000 miles on it.
    Dealer suggested retail price : $19596
    Rate: 300 per month for 48 months.
    Down payment : 5000
    Trading in my 93 toyota corrola for $800
    If my math is right, then it would come to : 300*48 + 5000 - 800 = $18600 + $289 document fee + $125 title re-use(from my toyota corolla) + tax.
  • hjusmlehjusmle Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am interested in getting a CR-V LX 4WD. any suggestions on dealership in the Chicago area. Also, How much are the extra fees in addition to the car price, e.g. doc fee, etc.

Much appreciated.
  • Seems high for a used CRV LX 4WD. I'd try to get it down closer to $18,500. Check used prices at nadaguides.com and kbb.com. I think a lot of the pre-owned CRVs on the lots right now may have been rental cars :( Hope you get a good deal!
    Hi...Thanks for the response...I forgot to mention that my offer price on it that i intend to negotiate is in the $18500 range.
    So, assuming this, my negotiated rate would be in the range of $260 per month for 48 months with the already mentioned down payment and the trade-in.

Also, this car is specified as as a fleet vehicle in the carfax. But, the overall, there is no report of any issue. This probably explains the mileage on the car of 2009 (in 1 year, the mileage is currently at 25000 !)
    Generally speaking, is there a risk in buying a fleet vehicle ?
    Also, what happens to the factory warranty since they are typically 3yrs/36000 miles whichevere comes first and this car already has run for 25000 miles in the first year.
  • What dealership in NY did you work with?
    Its a dealer in MA. Honda Gallery at North Reading MA
    Hi. How is it relevant to the questions that I asked ?
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,797
    Hi...Thanks for the response...I forgot to mention that my offer price on it that i intend to negotiate is in the $18500 range.
    So, assuming this, my negotiated rate would be in the range of $260 per month for 48 months with the already mentioned down payment and the trade-in.

Also, this car is specified as as a fleet vehicle in the carfax. But, the overall, there is no report of any issue. This probably explains the mileage on the car of 2009 (in 1 year, the mileage is currently at 25000 !)
    Generally speaking, is there a risk in buying a fleet vehicle ?
    Also, what happens to the factory warranty since they are typically 3yrs/36000 miles whichevere comes first and this car already has run for 25000 miles in the first year

Is the $1,500 you would save over new worth it?

Wait until September 15th, when the 2011 roll onto dealer's floors, and you should be able to negotiate a "left over" 2010" CR-V Lx 4WD for $19,500 or less.

Sell the Corolla privately, there is always a need for beater cars. Put it on Craigslist for $1500 and see how fast it sells.
  • I also think this is high - as are most Honda dealer used car prices when first posted. The CRV (along with almost any Honda) does retain an impressive percentage of original price however. I purchased a 2007 EXL FWD in April but waited two months before the price was down to what I felt was a good deal for a vehicle with 75K on it. I like the fact that there is only 25K and original warranty time still remaining on the CRV you are considering- more protection for you.
    1. Compare the best price you can get for a 2010 LX AWD with the used one you are considering. You may be able to time buying a 2010 just as the 2011s are hitting lots. Remember the LX is the "value" line and in demand.
    2. Price check all similar used CR Vs using Auto Trader or similar search engine.
    3. Check retail trade value and selling prices on KBB and Edmunds.
    4. Get your own financing lined up.
    5. Determine YOUR fair price and make an offer - be prepared to walk away OR for them to call you back in a week or two.
  • I bought it at Middletown Honda which typically does not give great deals. I thought I'd have to buy in Brewster, NY or NJ. Did you check out the price quotes on overstock.com? Click on cars at the top. I used the lowest price on overstock as a start.
  • I personally would not be interested in a CRV that had been used as a rental. I would take the advice given in another post and wait a few more weeks to get a great deal on a 2010 leftover. Try at the end of August....or even Sept.
  • mooncakenycmooncakenyc Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Hey Buddy, can you please tell me which dealer you went to in NY, and the sales person so dealt with? I am looking forward to purchase a 2010 CR-V EX AWD too. Thanks. Trying to get the best price I can in area. Thanks A million.
  • My car prior to my CRV was rental and is still in the family. I got it 2 years old with 30,000 miles drove it for 6 years and now it has 78000 miles and going strong. But as far as a rental purchase get the best price you can get. As far as 2010 left overs there will not be a next model until summer 2011, there will be 2010's for awhile.
    Hi.Thanks for all the prompt responses. I dont plan on waiting till the summer of 2011 for a used 2010 left over. I intend to buy a 2009 as my need for a bigger car is right now since i am driving a 93 toyota corrolla junk that has 130K on it and looking to trade-in for $800 (negotiated price with the dealer) :)
    I just want to make sure that a fleet vehicle (as listed in carfax), but with clean history is a safe bet.
    One other concern I have is on the warranty.
    Typical factory bumper-to-bumper warranty on it is at 3yr/36000 miles whichever comes first.
    Since it is a 2009 CRV LX that has 25000 miles on it, should I go for an extended warranty on it or get it honda certified which will automatically extend the warranty on it to 7yrs/100000 miles ? I plan to use this vehicle for atleast 5-6 years when I buy it.
  • You don't have to wait for summer 2011 to get a leftover 2010 CRV. The new 2011 CRVs will be here soon....Sept. 2010...as in a month from now. That's why you should be able to get a good deal on a NEW 2010 CRV this month. What is your zipcode? I'll check overstock.com for you.
  • I bought it at Middletown Honda which typically does not give great deals. My salesperson was Gus Cabrera. I thought I'd have to buy in Brewster, NY or NJ. Did you check out the price quotes on overstock.com? Click on cars at the top. I used the lowest price on overstock as a start.
    my zip code is 01801.
  • I tried overstock.com with your zipcode and there were no cars in your zipcode area on that site.
    However, I tried truecar.com with your zipcode and here is what I found:
    Atamian Honda Volkswagen
    150 Main St
    Tewksbury, MA 01876
    Distance from you – 8.7 Miles Map It
    Your dedicated contact(s):
    Bill Goulette, Jessica Lima
    (978) 851–4356
    goulette@atamian.com
    Invoice Price: $22,223 as configured
    Dealer Price: $625 below Invoice including incentives

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Price: $21,598

Atamian Honda Volkswagen has many new Honda CR-V vehicles in inventory, all priced at $625 below invoice. Your Price Certificate protects you on all these vehicles.

This Dealer's Documentation Fee is $299

This deal is $625 UNDER invoice and that's about the same as my deal. I paid $75 documentation fee in New York state....not the $299 they are asking. I would offer $21,598 plus a $75 doc fee. The $21,598 includes destination.

Okay, I've got to get some things done. Hope this helps.