Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Just bought my first honda cr-v yesterday in southern ct. Silver metallic which was the color I was looking for. I paid $26,330 plus tax & lic. The dealer threw in a free roof rack, a rear deck protection insert and door guards 2 plus free oil changes. I had shopped around in Ct. and R.I. and this was as good a deal as I found. I think I did ok and got the car i was looking for. I wasn't in the dearer ship for more than an hour in total..
  • newyork2newyork2 Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    We just bought a 2010 CRV LX-4WD for $25,758 OTD price from Route 22 Honda, Hillside, NJ. The price include NY tax, remote start, rear camera & splash guards. However inorder to get 1.9% interest rate for 60 months with excellent credit, Route 22 Honda forced us to pay another $1500 dollars. (Total price $25,758 inclusive this $ 1500). I believe they fooled us. Would like to know is there any relation between $ 1500 and 1.9%. Is price justified ? All comments appreciated and welcome.
  • How much did you get off MSRP before taxes and fees etc.

MSRP = X (including dest fee and any dealer add ons)
    Price paid = (excluding tax,fees and stuff)
  • MSRP was $27,725 destination fee was $780 for a total of $28,525. I paid $26,330. Then the dealer gave me $500 of free options ie: roof rails and rear deck protection mat, door guards. So that would be $2195 off of the MSRP with the destination charge. Then I would add the $500 in dealer options that he thru in so I guess I would say it was $2695 off of the sticker ... Are my calculations correct? Did I get a good deal?
    Has anyone opted for the Simonize Glass Guard protection? It lists for $795 and he was trying to sell it to me for $495. I still have the option of returning and getting it applied but so far I am not thinking I will do it. Any experience with it???
  • newyork2newyork2 Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    Yesterday, I bought 2010 CR-V LX 4WD from Route 22, Hillside, NJ for an OTD price of $25758. This include NY tax, rear camera, remote start, mud guard as accessories. But I was fooled by the dealership that inorder to get 1.9% interest, I have to pay another $ 1500 dollars to the bank (total $25758), which I did for an excellent credit. Can any one tell me that is there any relation between $1500 and 1.9%. If not, please do not be fooled by the dealership.
  • I think it sounds good. CRVs are for some reason hard to get a discount like the Accords.
  • I just purchased a 2010 CR-V LX 2wd

I decided to finance the vehicle and was able to get 1.9% and used the equity from my 2007 Honda Cr-V lease as a down payment.
    The sales price for the Cr-V was 20,828.16 and they gave me 13,750 as a trade allowance giving me 2143.53 for the vehicle ( I owed 11,606).
    The Doc fee: 55
    Tax: 1827,28
    License/Fees: 365.75
    All together the amount financed was 20,932.63 for a monthly payment of 365.99

I was just wondering if this was a good deal, I am pretty happy seeing as most leases you are upside down.
  • Warning about Bel Air Honda in Maryland:

I put down a large down payment on my CR-V. Bel Air Honda deposited my check twice - once electronically and then they sent it in. I was debited twice for the same check and out $5000 until the bank could reverse the double-deposit. When I complained to them they demanded proof before they would even offer to give me back my money. They could not care less about the dis-service.
  • Hi ,

I am in the market for 2010 Honda CRV EX-L Urban titanium color.
    I live in NJ and i am requesting quote through internet. I am getting most quotes for $25000. This doesnt include documentation or tax etc.

Is this a good deal ?
  • i am new to the forum....need the experts advice on this deal..
    the local honda delaer is offering me a certified 2008 EX-L with 33000 for 22000. I know i can defintely get it for $20500. The color is green tea..kind of offbeat color.
    Do you think i can get it to go lower price..or this a good price?

I get the 7year/100K extended warrantly because it is certified.
  • raaaraaa Posts: 1
    what model of EX-L r you looking for.

I also live in NJ and shopping for a 2010 crv-ex (w/o leather & w/o navi)

eprice - 22900+ doc fees + destination charges.

any thoughts.
  • Hi,

I am planning to buy ex-l 4 wheel drive with leather and without navigation.

ya if u see , both of us have got 500 dollars less than the invoice. most of them gave me the same price.

which dealer are you working with ?
  • Hello,

I am thinking to get a 2011 cr-v SE. The sticker price is around $22700 in my area. What do you think is a reasonable price for it? Do I have to pay the sticker price because it's a 2011? Thanks!

jjf
  • No please, do even think sticker [horrified look in my face]. I once bought an Odyssey a tad below 'invoice' within a week of new model shipment. You lose the battle if you let dealer plant in those ideas (this car sells well, we do not have to discount, blah, blah, they will come around). If you can, bypass the salesperson a the desk. They will chase you away at a price that is still higher than what the dealership management is willing to accept.
  • This is what I would do if they ask sticker... slam the salesperson hard, then crack their fingers like Steven Seagal (Under siege fame). When they ask, wide eyed, "who are you?" reply "Me? I'm just the cook!"
    ;-)
  • Thank you for your advise! I will see what price I can get ;)
  • Hi mag12,

I just bought my 2010 CR-V EX-L with Urban Titanium color two nights ago. I bought a 2WD as I live in Georgia. Are your quotes for 2WD or 4WD? It will make a difference. Invoice for the 2WD is $24,646 and for the 4WD is $25,806. That is what the dealer paid for the car. But, Honda dealers get a 2% holdback from the factory when they sell the car. Most dealers don't share their holdback, but sometimes they might. So, the real cost to the dealer for the 2WD is $24,153 plus destination fee (my region was $750). Additionally, a fair profit for most dealers is 3%. This allows them to pay their bills, etc. So, $24,153 * 1.03 = $24877.59. Then add the destination fee (I'll use my $750 for the example to take the total to $25,627.59. This is where most dealers that are offering you a fair price will start their offers. From there, if you spend time getting multiple quotes online, you should be able to get many of them to cut 1 to 2 percent off of the cost. It looks like you did that to get your $25,000 quote. It is a good price. However, if you spend a little time trying, you might find a dealer who doesn't mind breaking even or suffering a slight loss on the car. We found two dealers in our area that would do so. The main thing is to widen your search and not mention a price you will pay, just tell the other dealers what your best quote is currently, and ask them if they would like to put foward their best quote. We used www.carwoo.com to do this, then I called some of the big dealers in Atlanta. We found two that offered me an out the door quote at $26,697, which when you subtract tax, tag, and title comes out to be around $24,500 (inclusive of the destination charge).

Hope that helps. Nice choice of color. We love the car!
  • I'm trying to find a good Internet price for a 2010 EX out the door after tax, licensing, title, and all other fees in LA county. Anyone have any good ideas of what numbers I should be looking for? Thanks...
  • Hello,

Can anybody tell me what a good OTD price is for a 2010 CR-V LX 4WD in the northwest indiana area.

Thanks in advance
  • I just bought a 2010 FWD EX-L+navi in the San Francisco Bay area.

I priced the car at 2 dealers and was quoted the invoice price ($27285) at both of them with no negotiation. This was better than the TMV price ($27,839). But there was lots of 2010 CR-V inventory at local dealers so I thought I could do better.

I hate the new car negotiation process, so I decided to try an auto broker for the first time. I used Cartelligent in Sausalito. They got me the car for $500 under invoice (plus TTL) from Walnut Creek Honda. They charged $300 for their service, so I saved $200. However, the value to me of eliminating the new car negotiation process was priceless!

This is my 2nd Honda (I traded in my 2005 Accord V6) and my first CR-V. I love it!
  • You guys should check out the AMEX ZAG website with a zip code of 92354 (Loma Linda, CA). They are showing a 2010 CR-V LX 4WD for $20,723 or an EX for $22,879. This is the lowest price I have found for a 2010.
  • Believe it or not there is not one Hyundai Tucson GLS in the state of Florida to be had so I'm on to my second choice.
    I'm going down to see Brahman Honda on Monday. Over the phone they mentioned being able to get me into a 2010 CRV-EX, 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year at $310/month, nothing down not including tax and license.
    Any advice on both what I should offer for car and if there are any better lease deals out there?
    TMV has a price of $23,577 and Amex has $23,348. I think they both may be high given that the 2011s should be here soon
  • dolphinedolphine Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    I tried to buy my first Honda.
    They said they don't have 2011 model yet.
    I liked 2010 Honda CRV EXL AWD with navigation.
    I'm in SF bay area, what is good price to negociating? anyone bought recently?
    Thanks.
  • Do you have a leased CRV? You might be in a good position to get out of the lease early and trade into a new vehicle. Take the extra time to compare lease buyout versus market value.
  • pjbl13pjbl13 Posts: 2
    Need some advice.
    I am seriously looking at two 2008 EX-L CRV's
    1) 2WD; 27Kmiles for 19K
    2) AWD; 23Kmiles with roof rack and fog lights for 22.5K
    After seeing some of the problems on the forum with the AWD, I'm hesitant, although it is in better overall looking condition and would be nice in the rain and snow - I live in CA
    Obviously the 2WD is less, but is the AWD a good addition or asking for problems?
    Thanks!!
  • jcihakjcihak Posts: 60
    The only reason I bought a CRV instead of a Mazda5 or other minivan type vehicle was the AWD. If you don't want AWD I think there are better choices out there.

There is always more maintenance and probability of a failure (and lower mpg) with AWD/4WD. But, if you look at the Consumer Reports reliability of CR-Vs they are pretty good.
  • So everyone tells me that the great thing about Hondas is that they retain their value. Our lease is almost up on a 2008 CR-V, and our payoff amount is $15,900. The private party resale value for this car is approximately $19,000. I don't want to keep the car, but I also don't want to lose the equity I have in it, so I'd like to buy it and resell it via Craigslist or newspaper ads. But what is the likelihood of a private party financing a vehicle for this price from a private seller? A bank's interest rates will likely be higher than the promos offered by a dealership for a new car. Doesn't it seem more likely that a person would buy a new car for a lower interest rate, for about the same monthly payment? I'd really love some feedback on this, particularly from anyone who bought and then resold their leased vehicle. Was it more trouble than it was worth?
  • pjbl13pjbl13 Posts: 2
    Depending on your model and miles you may not get 19K.
    I'm buying a used one and getting financing thru my Credit Union at a pretty good rate.
    I've tried dealers and they are not budging much on price, so buying a new even at a goot rate, may not be that great a payment.
    But, be sure on the "open market" that you can actually get 19K and don't rely on the Blue Book.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,850
    If you buy the car, then re-sell it, you'll have to pay sales tax on your purchase.. I'm pretty sure that Honda Finance won't let you sell your car directly to another private party.

Generally, the only way to realize equity out of a Honda that is near lease-end, is to trade it in to a dealer that will give you more than your payoff.. As you probably realize, trade-in value won't be much more than your payoff, cutting into your "equity".

Your questioning who would buy a three year old CR-V for $19K from a private seller is pretty much right on... That market is pretty small.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Get the AWD if you frequently head to the mountains. If not - the FWD 2008 has traction control and stability assist and handles very well in all conditions. Get rid of the factory tires and invest in better rubber (consult Tire Rack customer reviews for your vehicle) to make you even safer in rough weather.

I bought a 2007 FWD EX-L in April and live in New England and plan to purchase snows this winter - a good investment for me. We also have a Pilot for really bad storms if we are heading to the mountains. Better gas mileage with the FWD mileage than AWD due to less weight and fewer repairs/maint.

19K for an EXL with 27K sounds decent to me. My 2007 had 75K and I bargained down to 14,500 but it started at 16,700. good luck.