Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jsctjsct Posts: 9
    Did you try to price an EX-L? The Exs are a popular trim, but they only have black left over...

We got similar quotes from Boch yesterday, but they are still quoting me the full $2400 differential between the EX and the EX-L. Now I have to wait to see what the new incentives are for March...
  • 4over200k4over200k Posts: 18
    Re EXL - Purchased a 2010 EXL from Boch last week for 24,800 - only 400 less than the differential you were quoted. There are still some 10s left at dealerships in MA that carry higher volume but color choices are becoming very limited. There is no difference between a 10 and an 11 so another option is to wait several months until the 12s come out in the fall. They are supposed to be very different with several improvements and that may create discounting on the 11s still in stock.
  • 1.2011 CRV exl 4wd 24,700(black/black) not including handling,dealer fees and taxes
    2. Is EXL a good choice or should i go with EX and save some money. I am a proud owner of 2009 Honda civic hybrid with leather and heated seats.
    3.Also what are incentives for march. A dealer just offered me 0.9% apr for 60 months.
    4.Another dealer offered me 5% reduction on any best price meaning 23,700 for EXL 4wd :)

I am trying to combine 1 and 4 options, is this possible. What do you guys think?
    I got approved for 30k from AHFC and my credit is good 710-720 in all 3 credit companies.One dealer tried to offer me 8.6 apr, when i turned it down he said he may give me 1.9 for 60 months if i buy the car that day which i wasn't still ready for.

Help me out here.
    Does the $24,800 include their $298 doc fee? Did you have a trade-in and how far below KBB value did they hit you? Last time I bought from Boch I had to negotiate my trade in pretty hard to get the true benefit of the internet price they quoted me. They started trade-in negotiations well below kbb "fair" value for the trade. The final deal, all-in, was still better than my local dealer, but I traveled pretty far, so I was looking to save more than a few hundred dollars...

What other MA dealerships have EX CRV 10's in stock? I'd rather find one without the leather trim and still get this sort of a deal.

Thanks for the help!
  • Please tell me the Dealer ship and salesman, Thanks. Whats the Interest rate?

Thanks
  • mthomasdbmthomasdb Posts: 15
    I didn't price the EX-L because my son was on a limited budget and didn't need the extras that the EX-L had.
  • mthomasdbmthomasdb Posts: 15
    edited March 2011
    If you plan to keep the car until it dies, then go with the 2010. Property taxes are lower because the car is considered a year old and I couldn't see any major differences between the 2011 and 2010. Why pay your city or town more money each year to garage essentially the same vehicle!
  • sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,147
    as a mass resident i agree the state/town tax that we are hit with each year is a joke-- but I would also price the 2011's as well.
  • jimbresjimbres Posts: 2,025
    Valid point, but not many states outside of New England charge property tax on vehicles.
  • Whats going on with the interest rates with Honda? They tell me I have a automobile score (some crap) other than actual credit score equal to 650, where as my credit bureaus tell me I have 710-720 scores(freecreditreport.com).One of the dealer gave me 6.9 % APR(current promotion from Honda is 0.9 for 60 months) even after I have a good score of 720/720/710 on experian/equifax/TU? Did this happen to any of you?
  • Is 28,326 OTD price best price for an EXL 4wd? Can It go any lower than that?
    @ sharpshewter: That sounds crazy. I would look for outside financing. We did not get as far as a loan so I have no info...

Some info for others who are shopping: We decided not to pull the trigger with Boch at this point because they ran out of the colors I wanted in the 2010 CRV EX yesterday. I don't really want to buy EX in black or pay up for EX-L to get my color. Will wait for incentives on the 2011 this summer/fall when they roll out the new 2012. One year less depreciation, and the color choices should be pretty plentiful.

That being said, I still think these 2010s Boch has are a great deal for anyone who is in the market right now and likes the colors available. Our last best quotes via email , without seeing the trade-in or making any commitment to do a trade in at all, were (including destination charge):

2010 4WD EX-L: $24,631 (blue and silver available)

2010 4WD EX: $22,377 (only black available) indicated willingness to go a bit lower if it would get us in the door.

2011 4WD EX: $23,168

Add $298 doc and TTL

I think these deals are all pretty nice given that the dealer cash back is at $750 on the 2010s only and holdback is 2%.

In addition, anyone in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont can buy the car online and have it delivered to their DMV free. No need to drive to Norwood MA at all unless you have a trade. The glitch is that you have to apply online and finance through Chase (not AHFC). I don't know the details/costs/rates associated with this process.

Hope this helps someone.
  • Chicago - EXL Black/Black = 28,160 + splash guards+ wheel locks + rear cargo protection cover = 28,620.Going to order market remote start and roof rack. (+ $600).Price includes taxes and all dealer fees. I also got 0.9% for 60 months.If any one needs name of salesman and dealer let me know.V happy with the deal. Thank you all or your help.This is great place.
  • hijinks233hijinks233 Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    2011 AWD CRV EX - Black

Roughly $23,350 OTD

Includes: scotchgard, 1 year of oil changes / routine maintenance, lifetime carwash

Also opted for 5 year interior protection where they will clean out milk stains etc and do 9 details in this time - normally wouldn't bite on this but I have two young kids

Got the .9 financing
  • Did you OTD price includes tax and all dealer fess? If so, its a very good price. Almost 5000 less than EXL.
  • hijinks233hijinks233 Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Actual OTD w/ tax title tags and $2300 trade is

$23,582.25 financed at .9%

5yr auto Butler, 1yr maintenance, protection package

Maybe that makes more sense compared to your EX-L?

Didn't mean to scew the numbers yesterday but we didn't finalize it until today

What do you think?
  • amwardamward Posts: 1
    I'm in the market to purchase a new CR-V. I'm wondering if it might make more sense to wait to purchase a 2011 CR-V until closer to the release date of the 2012 redesign. Maybe I could save more money? Or is Honda already motivated to move these vehicles off the lots in anticipation of the 2012? Or would it be worth waiting and purchasing the 2012 version?
  • I have same question. What does anyone hear about the '12 redesign? My guess is it will be swoopier, a la the Sportage or Tucson remakes. I don't really care for that trend in CUVs, so that would push me toward an '11, hopefully at a nice price.
    The outcomes of the 12 CRV redesign - like all honda redesigns - are closely guarded and the dealers have very little to say because they are kept in the dark purposely to focus on selling the models they have in inventory.

From reading on line and looking at concept shots I would guess it will be sleeker, a bit lower, sportier on the front end. Inside, expect bluetooth on some trim levels, more comfortable seats (a common complaint from owners), another step up on the ladder to 30 MPG HW. Don't know if they will finally address the 2nd row seat full fold down option that the reviewers criticize or the excessive road noise. Can't imagine it will cost the same - likely more - as any engineering built into advances in gas mileage will need to be passed on. I'm no expert - just my opinion!

And if anyone from Honda is reading this - why not put top of the line tires on the top trim level!!!!!
  • lissacjlissacj Posts: 2
    I just got a quote from a dealership today. Wondering if this is reasonable or should I negotiate lower.

2011 CR-V EX 2wd (OTD plus tax) = 24,160

2011 CR-V EX 4wd (OTD plus tax)= 25,400
    I would recommend you negotiate more and get the 4WD closer to 24,500 and the 2WD closer to 23,500. If you don't need 4WD the 2WD with traction and stability control handles nicely, gets better gas mileage (1 - 1.5mpg). I had a 2007 EXL 2WD with 103K just traded two weeks ago for a 2010 EXL 4WD.
    Good Luck
  • isalec2isalec2 Posts: 1
    Was your price for AWD or FWD ??
  • marig0107marig0107 Posts: 92
    I am so with you on the tires. Honestly, the second thing that most peeved me when stupid kid totaled my 2007 was having to go thru the stupid maintenance costs followed by replacing the starter tires they shlop on them. $1000 later the car had appropriate tires.
    agreed! There is something wrong when you buy a 25 - 30K car and you can't wait to change the original tires or you are scared (as I am with the Conti Contacts on my 2010) about driving in wet conditions because they don't seem to grip anything but totally dry pavement! Many of us would pay an "up-charge" for premium tires and Honda is not the only car company that takes the cheap OEM tire route. Safe driving.
  • lissacjlissacj Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tip! ...Appreciate it.
    Is anyone aware of any dealer cash on the CRV ??

A few days ago the CRV 2011 EX 4WD Boch Honda in Norwood, MA quoted me (including destination) $23,168 + 298 doc fee + tax title and license and indicated willingness to further negotiate.

The true car report says that the dealer's true cost is on this car is $24,015, yet the true car "best price" in this area is $23,600.

There are no public incentives or customer rebates now except for the .9 financing. Something is up. Dealers have to be getting some kind of hidden cash on these cars. How much?
  • jbonjbon Posts: 5
    Dealer get spiffs.
    Carry-over bonuses, volume bonuses, and customer-satisfaction bonuses.Not all dealers get those incentives.
    A month ago I bought a CR-V EX-L w/Nav for about $300 under Truecar.com dealers actual cost .My cost $27927.
    After getting that price I had the dealer install remote start,side moldings,painted pinstripe,all weather mats and cargo mat.
    Negotiated those accessory installs a bit too.They still got that $249 doc fee.
    All in all,I'm happy with my deal.
  • novice99novice99 Posts: 1
    I want to lease a CRV
    Boston area
    12,000 Mile
    Base model
    No money down
    Honda website says $270/month; Does that include everything?

Is that the best lease do you think I can get?

Any examples of good CRV leases?

Thanks
  • sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,147
    nice job jbon//enjoy the rig.. so far i like the backup cam in tight spots but the phone and nav have not impressed- they are no where near as easy to use as the nav in my g 35 but it gets the wife where she needs to go.
  • lch77lch77 Posts: 53
    I'm looking in PA and cannot find deals here as good to those I found near Boston. I think they might be better than the ones posted further up on this page. For Example:

novice99 - 12000miles; I'll guess 36 months and 2WD not 4WD: SX $213/month w/$577 due at signing. Add $13.31 to each for MA Sales Tax

jbon CR-V EX-L w/Nav $27,233.30+Doc $239+Registration Fee $125=$27597.30 for 60 mos @0.9% =470.73 or $500.15 w/ MA sales tax

jsct: 2011 4WD EX-L w/o Nav: $23,083.64 = $239 Doc + $125 registration=$23,447.64. I think that's $85 less

I also believe that this dealer is close to the you mentioned.