Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tdiidmantdiidman Posts: 35
    I agree with kyfdx. You'll undoubtedly take a major 'hit' trading it in so soon. If you're hell bent on getting rid of it, would at least try and sell it privately, but unless you discount it heavily, a potential buyer would likely just prefer to get a brand new one. I debated long and hard about the CR-V versus the Tiguan, but utimately decided to go with the CR-V (bought it in March of this year). I bought it at invoice and got 10% off all dealer installed accessories. The Tiguan I would have wanted (and likely couldn't resist if I went with a Tiguan) was going to be a loaded up SEL to get the leather and other goodies. It was going to cost $8-9K more than the CR-V EX-L AWD with navi I bought, plus I knew the dealers were going to want to sell them at MSRP initially (and some might even try to get over MSRP- though I'd never pay that). Plus, it doesn't get as good fuel economy as the CR-V. Now if the TDI Tiguan had been available from the getco, I might have considered it, but since it wasn't, I just went with the CR-V. If a TDI becomes available, I might go for it (or a diesel CR-V, which I've also heard rumblings about).
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,603
    Funny, until now I have never even heard of one?

I keep hearing rumors of diesel Accords and CRV's but with diesel at a STAGGERING 4.79 a gallon in this area I can't understand for the life of me WHY anyone would want one. They cost a lot more to begin with and they don't get that much better mileage.

Plus the smell, availability problems etc...I mean WHY?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    The Tiguan comes with a 2.0 litre turbo gas engine... The same one that's in the GTI, GLI and the Passat.. The diesel doesn't go on sale until next year...

You really have to get out more.. ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Maybe so.

Seriously I've never heard of a Tiguan and I sure haven't seen one either.

Where do they ever come up with these names? Throw a bunch of scrabble tiled on a table and arrange them until something looks good?

Yet another entry in an already overcrowded market.
  • yes, I dont really have strong intentions of trading in. Just curious. I dont have the money to get a Tiguan now, because yea i test drove one and i would "need" the SEL fully loaded. I will be content with my slow but reliable CR-V until at least 2010 lol
    Thanks guys!
    The words "reliable" and Volkswagen don't work well together.
  • snagy1snagy1 Posts: 55
    Gas just hit $ 4.12 / gallon in NE Ohio. Even Pilot's are $ 7,000 off sticker even before you start bargaining. I'm getting cold feet about even buying one now. Two weeks ago, we were lucky to get $ 1,100 off sticker on the CR-V.

Edna
  • raffpee1raffpee1 Posts: 9
    Amen to that! Volkswagen is like a Hyundai of German automobile.
  • obstacleobstacle Posts: 1
    nhlfan,

Thanks for sharing this info. I purchased a EX-L with Nav this evening from Willet and was able to get a similar deal by simply emailing them. They have people driving hours to purchase from them. While I was there they had someone coming in from Alabama and when I went back a few hours later to take delivery someone from SC was there. It was a very easy, no hassle experience for me.
  • Tried the internet buying suggestions with 8 dealers. Initial quotes ranged from $26,250 to $24,900. Had two dealers say they would beat any quote....if I made an appointment. Emailed the lowest bidder and let them know that. He lowered the price [Dublin Honda]. Could have stiffed him, but he was the only dealer that did not call or repeatedly email me...I believe what goes around comes around.

Bought the car last night and will pick it up Saturday. No pressure except for the business manager who tried valiantly to sell me extended warranty and protection. Was not too pleased when I kept politely saying, "no thanks." Other than that...a very pleasant experience all around.
  • phisherphisher Posts: 175
    I think that would be a mercedes benz followed closely by VW. ;)
  • me3000me3000 Posts: 1
    Just wanted to say thanks to the board. Used the info here and from consumer reports to get it at 1200 off sticker. Great car and at a good price.
  • nflroyaltynflroyalty Posts: 10
    26,420 incl. dest. before tax, tag, title and admin(yacht) fee
  • trippy1976trippy1976 Posts: 1
    I finally went into a dealership today to sit down and talk best price. I'm in Florida.

$22,000 was the offer and includes destination. It seemed like a decent offer to me. I was asking for $21,000 as I'm under the impression that invoice on the EX is ~$21,400. But $22,000 with destination included puts the base price at around $21,400 - invoice.

This does not include the $500 Florida "Dealer Fee" which is the only non governmental fee left out of this to make up an OTD price. I have this temptation to ask for $500 more off the price off the car since that fee is (if we are being honest) just "extra profit" or at the least, me covering their cost of doing business. Who's being greedy in that situation - me by asking for the money off because I think it's absurd, or them for insisting on this fee?

Kind of want to close a deal soon so not necessarily interested in killing a deal over $500 but it's also the principle of it.
  • newmdnewmd Posts: 1
    We are about to buy an EXL w/ Nav, spoiler, fog lights, roof rack, and chrome running boards and were quoted $30.500. Sound like a good deal?
  • tsc2tsc2 Posts: 5
    looking to buy a CRV 4WD (base model). What price should be considered reasonable with the current $4/gallon gas price? Anyone with good experience with dealers in the Memphis, TN area?

Many thanks!
  • amty007amty007 Posts: 9
    On May 29 2008, bought a EX-L AWD, no navigation for $27, 297.00 :shades: out the door inclusive of destination, tax, title etc. in the NE Ohio region. Got the Glacier Blue color and had 0.7 miles on it when dealer showed us. Very nice, no pressure dealership. The dealer even threw in floor mats for free. Declined all the optional equipments & warranties as I wanted to shop around, but still have a weeks time to get back and purchase those, in case I decide to. Yesterday, as I drove it out the showroom it had just 4 miles on it as a part of pre delivery inspection (PDI).

Took me couple months to shop around on the internet..and I got my Crossover Recreational Vehicle :) for $397 below the edmunds invoice. I believe it's a great deal in all. But would like to hear from you guys as well. Now I'm a proud owner of a new HONDA :)
  • ccacpccacp Posts: 117
    Floor mats are included from the factory......
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    keep hearing rumors of diesel Accords and CRV's but with diesel at a STAGGERING 4.79 a gallon in this area I can't understand for the life of me WHY anyone would want one. They cost a lot more to begin with and they don't get that much better mileage.

Plus the smell, availability problems etc...I mean WHY?

A) Diesel fuel may seem like it costs more, but in reality it does not.
    Right now, diesel here is about 20% more than gasoline.

B) Diesel engines get 30% better fuel economy, and can run on straight up filtered used up frying oil with minor modifications.

C) The difference between a gallon of diesel fuel and the number of miles one gets out of one gallon gives you 10% advantage.

D) Having the ability to run on filtered grease gives you another advantage. Biodiesel are more widely available than E85, and don't strain the food supply.

Hope these reasons are enough for someone to consider a diesel vehicle.
  • flatsflats Posts: 44
    keep hearing rumors of diesel Accords and CRV's but with diesel at a STAGGERING 4.79 a gallon in this area I can't understand for the life of me WHY anyone would want one. They cost a lot more to begin with and they don't get that much better mileage.

Here is a nice short article about the diesel European-market 2007 Accord, aka Acura TSX. It returned 53 miles a gallon highway, 34 in the city (Manhattan) and 44 in combined driving. Oh, and that low end torque, yummy.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/motoring/2004433293_dieselhonda23.html?syn- dication=rss