Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• roboman1roboman1 Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    2012 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
    MSRP: $29,105
    Internet Price: $27,116

Bodystyle:4 door SUVDrivetrain:AWD
    Engine:2.4L I-4 cylTransmission:5-Speed AutomaticExt.
    Color: White Diamond Pear
    lInt. Color:Beige
    Stock Number:121002Vin:5J6RM4H76CL006743Model Code:RM4H7CJW

http://www.showcasehonda.com/new/Honda/2012-Honda-CR-V-ccb7481c0a0d0669000b4c698- - - b78163c.htm?useHistory=true

I'm still working the deal, but not a bad starting price. I'm in El Paso and we have two dealers here so I'm still working deals, but I want a loaded Pearl CRV.

The dealer above is located in Phoenix, AZ 85014 and I will buy there if they beat El paso dealers buy 500 dollars.
  • Wow, White Diamond Pearl ... I could not find that color any where. I still have yet to find a WDP in a EX trim.
  • dyw21dyw21 Posts: 3
    Sanjrapt,

I'm in Houston, could you tell me what dealership you worked with in Dallas?

Thanks!
  • shyboyshyboy Posts: 31
    anyone in Northern VA?

What is the best price to get that. I am looking for no options at all.

Standard LX model only...
  • tpcooltpcool Posts: 15
    Don't know about the specifics about your area, but for LX

if you have the vehicle price for LX 2WD (includes destination)

Between $21,750 and $22,200 you got a good deal.

You need to add tax + license + doc fee
  • dyw21dyw21 Posts: 3
    Most dealers don't have the LX model yet (if any), although they're starting to roll in in the next couple of weeks.
  • I'm in SoCal looking for a 2012 Honda crv ex 2wd. Been sending email to some dealers. Right now the best offer I got is from Norm Reeves, $24,705(is the MSRP $25,205? Invoice $23,753). Haven't talked to them see if there's room for negotiation yet.

This is not a OTD price. the other fees are:

Sales tax: $1,957
    DOC: $55
    Tire: $8.75
    DMV: $234, $29, and $20 (for different Docs? Not sure about this)

If the invoice(from truecar.com) correct, this is $952 over invoice. If there's anyway we can find out about dealership's holdback,incentives, then we will have a better idea of their true cost for the cars. Anyone know that info?

Anyone in LA area also planning to buy a crv? Maybe we can get a lower price if we do a group buy. :shades:
    This dealer is charging too much. Anything above $24,300 for vehicle is questionable. See http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef11a94/10740#MSG10740 for a sample quote from one of the dealers in Bay Area (North California).

Holdback is 2% of base MSRP = 2% * $24,395 = $488

TrueCar has all this information.

I would say spend max $26,650 (OTD) for EX 2WD in California.

You can do one thing. Send e-mail to
    - Autowest Fremont and ask for quote.

Show this quote to your dealer and ask them to match

HTH
  • jylee507jylee507 Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    I recently bought a 2012 CRV-EX from Spreen Honda in Loma Linda, CA, and they gave it to me for $23,536 (which came out to $25,711 out the door after all taxes and fees). It was a bit of a drive for me, but worth it because they were the cheapest and also were able to find the color pairing that I really wanted and wouldn't compromise on. The car is still in transit, so I don't have it yet, but it should arrive from Japan in about a week or so.

Overall, the whole process was pleasant, although of course they tried to sell me on overpriced accessories and extended warranty, but didn't really push hard when I said no thank you. I found them through Truecar.com also, but surprisingly once I got the Truecar quote at around the same price you've been quoted, they emailed me the much lower quote and I couldn't say no.

One other option that you may have is getting the email quote from Spreen, and then taking it to Honda of Corona. That dealership was ready to match Spreen's price, but just couldn't find the color pair that I wanted so I went with Spreen. I don't know about Corona's fees and stuff, but I was happy to see that Spreen didn't add a bunch of crap fees to boost their profit.

I plan to buy the extended warranty from Saccucci Honda for $500 less than Spreen's price, which will increase coverage to 8yr/100K, and I already bought all the accessories I wanted for about 40% lower than Spreen (also thru Saccucci Honda).

Hope this saves you a lot of money!! The person I went through at Spreen was Steve Douglas.
    Thanks jylee507 for this detailed post and excellent review.

What color did you get? I was looking for polished metal, but most dealers don't have that color yet.

By the way, congratulations, this is an excellent price. The lowest I saw in the Bay area was $24,200 for the vehicle or OTD around $26,500.

I will check with Spreen Honda and see what quote they will give. Did you contact them directly or went through Truecar?

It is around 400 mile drive for me. If they give a good price, I can plan to go over the weekend.

By the way, one silly question though. How do people usually buy car at a far away dealership?

- do they go with a friend in one vehicle, and when coming back drive back in two vehicles (assuming your new car is ready). however this may not work if the distance is more than 200 mi, as it is difficult for friends to spend so much time

- do a one way rental car?

- do dealers do local deliver? how much does it cost?

how do you plan on picking up?
  • Really like this car. Esp... all the comfort controls... was quoted $29,500 out the door with no extras....

So much higher than the EX costs in this forum!
    Why?
    Do I keep negotiating? Shop around?
  • If it is 2WD EXL, then I think $29000 is a target to negotiate. But I think EX-L is way too high from EX.
    I plan to buy an EX with $26500 OTD as the target.
  • I received OTD quote of $25 747 :

Base $23,960
    Tax(6.25%) 1,497
    TTL 290

I think it's an OK deal.
  • Thank you guys for the helpful info.

I also got a quote from Norm Reeves Honda,

Vehicle: 23,536
    Discount: -300 (Can only get this if buy by Jan. 24)
    Tax: 2,400
    License: 55
    OTD: about 25,691

They did offer a $300 discount but the rough OTD is only $20 from what jylee507 paid. They somehow jacked up the tax rate to more then 10.3%

Another thing bothers me is they have quite a few negative review on google. I'm wondering if they will pay bait and switch with me.

How did you fee about their service? Did they play bait and switch with you? Have you got your new Crv yet?
  • mokshmoksh Posts: 1
    Thx for all the info on the posts here. Since it was 2011 model, got a decent deal

Cash price = $20,241
    Sales Tax = $1,674
    License etc = $250
    Total On the Road= $22,250

Love the car
  • Just purchased a 2012 2WD EX (Urban Titanium) in Jackson, Mississippi. Here is the deal:

Price (including dest. fee): $23,900
    Tax: $1,089
    Fees: $200
    OTD: $25,189

Also got a decent deal on my trade-in. Pretty satisfied with this deal, especially considering Urban Titanium was my top color choice.
  • Hi guys,

I found Spreen through Truecar, but surprisingly, after I received my Truecar quote, Spreen emailed me with an even lower quote which they honored without any problems.

I haven't gotten my CR-V yet, but it is all paid for so all I'm expecting when it arrives from Japan is a phone call, quick signing of paperwork that I picked it up, and that's it. I don't see how they can bait and switch me now, after the car is legally mine with title in my name and the fact that they cashed my check. They already tried to get me to buy other items when I went in to sign documents, but thankfully no hard-sell. This is something apparently they pride themselves on - no hard selling tactics, no hidden fees, and no dealer add-ons unless you specifically ask for it. I was really worried about what they would try to bait/switch me onto when I got there, but they really didn't.

In terms of how I'm going to pick up my car, well, unfortunately I have to get my parents to drive up 2 hours to take me to the dealership, so yes, there's definitely some hassle about not buying from someone local, but if it saves me hundreds and gets me the color pairing that I want (which was Opal Sage and Beige interior), then I'm willing to do it. (Or should I say, inconvenience someone else to get it)

If you don't buy your car in the next week by the time I get mine, I'll let you know how it goes when my car arrives.
    hello friends, finally ended up buying 2012 CRV EX 2WD from a local bay area dealer (Larry Hopkins Honda). Vehicle price came up as $23,868 and OTD was $26,200. I guess Spreen honda's quote was the best, but for me it was about 5 hour trip, and when I talked to them, there is no way I could do in one trip.

Sales person I dealt was Jay. He is an experienced sales person and nice. Tried to offer safety alarm, service, warranty but rejected all of it. The car I picked was on their lot for few days, and I know that because one week before I bought I test drove the same car, and went on the Thursday, really during the closing time (8:35 pm) and the weather was bad. I actually waited until that day (I checked weather forecast :-)) The car had some miles on it as they did a dealer trade, and I was not too worried about the miles. Some other dealers I talked to also had few miles on the car. This seems to be a common thing happening now, at least with small dealers.

The car had security alarm already installed, but I reject security alarm. Also, it had wheel locks, and they gave it for free with the deal. It

Overall, if you want to go to this dealer, I am not sure if you will get the exact same deal, but be ready $100 or $200 above this price i.e around $26,300 or $26,400 OTD.

My detailed pricing (to help future buyers, to avoid unwarranted dealer fee)
    Vehicle price: $23, 868
    Sales tax @ 8.25% : $1973
    DMV Electronic Filing Fee: $29
    License Fee: $155
    Registration/Titling Fee: $110
    California Tire Fee: $8.75

Total OTD Price: $26,200

I am loving the car so far. I am not happy with the stereo though, no base and treble at all. I have an old car (1999 Toyota corolla) in which I installed Pioneer mp3 player ($200), and no sub woofer or anything, just factory speakers, and that sounds much better than the new CRV stereo. Just bear this in mind. Not a biggie, but don't expect the factory stereo to sound awesome. This wouldn't have altered my decision to purchase EX anyway.

Also, decided to stick with 2WD. I drove completely in rain yesterday and today, both in city and highway, and there was no skid/slip. 2WD just seemed fine. Actually my old car skids sometimes, but this didn't, so I am happy with. As per when I go on snow, I am ready to take snow chains.

HTH, happy shopping
  • shyboyshyboy Posts: 31
    How much exactly you paid?
  • ortolanortolan Posts: 12
    edited January 2012
    I just purchased a 2012 CRV AWD EX For $24,238 today before Tax, Title, etc. Was this a good deal? This prices included the $810 destination fee. The MSRP sticker on it was $26,455. I also got 2.9% financing for 72 months.

Did I get a good deal? I believe this was... I read all the 2012 purchase posts, but most were 2WD or EX-L's. Mine was just an AWD EX with cloth, no extras added.

Thanks for any comments.
    I don't know what the DE markets are like right now, but I just purchased a 2012 CRV AWD EX for $24,238 before tax, title, and registration. This prices included the $810 destination fee.

It's all about supply and demand and some city/states will pay more or less depending on what the market is doing. I would say just enjoy the vehicle and don't worry about it.
  • Has anyone bought a 2012 CRV EXL in Washington State? I don't know what a fair price would be....I'm new at this :) Thanks.
  • Hi,

I'm looking at a 2012 CR-V AWD Urban Titanium with Nav. Sticker is $30,605 including $810 destination.

I've been reading prices paid on this forum but am still unsure what has been paid for this trim. Looks like somewhere in the low $28- low $29 K (CR-V including destination but not including title, tags, tax, accessories, any dealer fee).

Would very much appreciate if someone can share price paid for this trim (break-down of items so comparison can be done).

Am planning to start negotiating tomorrow.

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,
  • wongwacwongwac Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    I got a quote for CR-V LX AWD (truecar.com) for $23,057 (this includes Ad fee and destination fee) in Boston, MA area. Is that a good price? Thanks
  • Hi,

Oops! I am looking at the 2012 EX-L AWD with Nav.

Hoping someone will share a price paid for that trim.
  • itsfun24x7itsfun24x7 Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Hi everyone,

I have been watching this thread for sometime.
    Thanks to everyone for listing out the actual paid prices.
    Finally I have brought CRV 2012 FWD with NAV for 29300 in gerogia.
    Here is the splitup.

Cash Price: 26776
    Customer Services: 587
    Sales Tax @ 7%: 1915
    LIC FEE : 21
    Total 29299.56

I think it's a pretty good deal for 2012 FWD with NAV.
    Dealership experience was not that great.
    They tried to up-sell gap insurance.
    Overall, I am pretty happy with the vehicle.
    Only issue I saw was while trying to stream music over bluetooth
    from my android phone.(Music playback gets stopped randomly).
    Also the USB connection doesn't recognize the android
    phone as an mp3 player.
  • Does everyone automatically include the dealer fees in their prices? Or do they simply tell the dealer they are not going to pay it? Every quote I've gotten here in Florida includes a $599 to $699 dealer that they say is non-negotiable.

How do I get around this? I know it's pure profit, but it appears no one wants to keep it out of negotiations.
  • spiyaspiya Posts: 3
    This was a very good deal. Where you bought your vehicle? And how you negotiate the price? Local dealer of mine (in Omaha, NE) quoted me 26, 155 for EX AWD before tax, title and licensing fee with 5.9% APR.
  • jhsiehjhsieh Posts: 1
    Hi,I just bought my cr-v ex fwd white pearl for 25500(otd) in las Vegas ,desert Honda ,the salesperson was really nice and easy man.we were happy with the price,and I also very like this color,there were only 2 ex had this color available in Vegas (now properlly just 1 so far).Everything looked good except just a little high mileage (54)when I bought this one,but no big deal for me. I am pretty enjoying drive the 2012 cr-v.And hope you guys enjoy 2.
    PS the stereo is ok,there have base and treble ,just push the setup bottom ,and you will see it display on the screen. Enjoy!
    @spiya

I purchased it at Wilde Honda in Waukesha, WI which is very close to Milwaukee, WI. The 2.9% is good for 72 months, non-fluctuating. The crazy thing I purchased it on Saturday evening and yesterday, which was Monday one of the 20 dealers that I asked for quotes called to follow up and asked if I got the quote, which included destination for $23,600!!!! Unfortunately that was one e-mail that didn't make it to me:( I did talk in detail with that dealership and I have the guys contact information. PM if you're serious and I can get his information to you. Wilde Honda gave me 1K more for my trade-in than any other dealership would so if I would have gotten the $23,600 price they probably wouldn't have given me the extra 1K for my trade so it probably would have been a wash.

It's about 500 miles from Omaha to Waukesha, but it might be worth your while. Maybe make a road trip of it!

Hope this information helps.