Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• padypady Posts: 10
    edited March 2012
    Florida:
    1. Sell Price: $22,900.00
    2. Dealer Fee: $699.00
    3. Electronic filing fee (for tags):...
    4. Tire Disposal Fee: couple bucks
    5. Battery Waste Fee: couple bucks
    4. Sales tax (items1-5 are taxable): 6%
    5. New License Plate Cost: $450.00
    6. Lemon Law Fee: couple bucks
    7. Out the Door Price: $25,597
    what do you guy think?
    It is a 2WD
  • pubudupubudu Posts: 23
    I am in Portland and looking for a Honda CRV EX or EXL. I checked couple of dealerships and they were offering slightly higher than MSRP with dealler additions (base price is almost MSRP). Metalic Red is a must and looking for lower price. Have you guys have seen any lower pricess in Portland, OR ?

Thanks,
    Pubudu
  • I just bought an EXL model no navi or RES for 27980 + taxes + doc fee. Total is close to $29500. I didn't research b4 i went to the dealer. They list MSRP close to 28K plus additional stuff like tail guard.., so the sticker was 29300. So I negotiated the price down to 27980. Now seeing this website I know I was ripped off by them. Is there anything I can do to get some money back?
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,293
    You could make an appointment with the sales mgr and ask him to refund what you think is fair. Should not be a problem based on how things work in the car business. Most dealerships have a department dedicated to refunding money.
  • shamreshamre Posts: 3
    i never bought new car before. my first time for new car and i am all confused.
    local dealer gave me 28888.00
    invoice price is 28815.00
    is this a good price if they put remote starter for free.
    TX in advance
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,233
    Was that a straight cash price without trade? That's under invoice according to edmunds by about $300. I haven't found any dealers even close to that deal, best is $23,800 or $25,500 OTD on cash deal/no trade.
  • lakerat83lakerat83 Posts: 11
    Sorry you got ripped - but, no, there is nothing you can do but not shop there or recommend that anyone else shop ther...
  • lakerat83lakerat83 Posts: 11
    Yes, that would be an excellent price - jump on it...
  • ralloyd1ralloyd1 Posts: 1
    2012 CR-V EXL (red!) AWD

Sale price $25,800 (list was 28 something)
    Sls tax - 3%
    Doc fee $399 (tried to negotiate down and they wouldn't)
    Title/Reg - 40.75
    Elec. filing - $10
    No trade, no dealer financing.

How'd I do?
  • donutelladonutella Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    Finally purchased my CR-V yesterday. Curious what you guys think of the deal. The sales guy acted like I a got a really good deal, but they're paid to do that right :) I got the black with black interior.

$26,399 including $810 destination + taxes, license, & fees = 29096.09 OTD.
    It would have been $28812 OTD, but I was suckered into keeping the alarm system. They lowered my interest rate to cover it, and make my payments a few pennies less than it would have been. I had preapproval of 2.9 with my credit union, and Honda was able to do it for 2.49
  • great price, 2012 CRV EXL AWD, best price I've gotten in chicago is 26,300.00
    that includes freight. wow 25,800.00, hopefully good sign for better deals coming.
  • matwagsmatwags Posts: 20
    I am in C-bus and am looking for the same model. Could you tell me which dealer you went to?
  • jiezhongjiezhong Posts: 1
    Just signed document; 2012 Model CRV EX-L without (GPS and RES), 27700 + Tax + Title + document etc. + 1350 for extended 8year warantee.

I am from Kirkland/WA

Good luck
  • I got the EX today and I'm also from FL(6% sales tax). I paid 25489 out of door after 5 hours of negotiating.
  • I got OTD $24000 for CR-V LX AWD that includes:

7% sale tax $1500
    Title and 4 years registration $330
    Doc fee $398
    Some Anti theft pack $299

I don't know if Edmunds invoice includes destination fee or not. If not, this is much lower than the invoice.
  • ryzzyryzzy Posts: 1
    I totaled my 2010 EX-L two weeks ago. I still don't think there is any other car that compares with the CRV in terms of value and style, so I got another one this weekend.

2012 CRV EX-L 2WD
    Black on Black
    $26,388 with destination
    edited April 2012
    Did you get a lifetime power train warrantee from the dealer? One dealer in southwest florida offer that. Similar to toyota dealers
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,293
    Lifetime power train warranty ? Valid only if you do the dealer recommended service packs. Very expensive. Honda power trains last as long as you will keep the car anyway.
  • cptklosscptkloss Posts: 2
    Hmmm...

So you're saying you got your car for $21500 including $800 destination.
    That's a whooping $2000 less that this car is available at at huge majority of the dealers, and i'm talking best case scenario here ($23,500 + )TTL
    I'm not seeing dealers come anywhere close to what some are saying around here. I just wonder if some are taking a beating on trade or something. I'm doing a cash deal and can't even get near invoice with a number of dealers I've called. Granted I might do a little better once on-site but I'm not spending five hours at a dealership dickering on price. If they won't negotiate over the phone or email, I'm not bothering. Going to settle for paying a lot more than others but at least buying from a local dealer that has great service, loaner vehicles, etc.
  • The negociation part was just one hour or so, that saved me more than $1000. What kind of job can pay $1000/hour?
  • My calculation is $21800 including destination. NJ dealers add some Safety pack $300. I don't count it any value in negociation.
  • jcbosu98jcbosu98 Posts: 1
    Just signed the papers last week and patiently waiting on delivery in Tulsa, OK. Negotiated a price of
    $25,635 including $810 destination and $169 doc fee. Also getting the all weather mats for $104.88 and cargo tray for $80.40. With tax, title and registration, OTD total of $26,750. They threw in 1st year of free oil changes as well. :shades:
  • cptklosscptkloss Posts: 2
    that's a good price, i've been leaning towards getting CX-5 ... but if CRV can be had at under $22k that makes it slightly better choice for me.
    If you can save $1,000 in an hour then sure it's worth it. Five hours...I'll pass. But either way my point was more of skepticism of such low prices. Why would a dealer be inclined to sell one at $1,200 UNDER invoice? (your numbers which are less than dealer cost even with holdback)? Particularly on a vehicle selling so well...there are literally very few on the lots to pick from. You can't even buy a Chevy these days under invoice. My family used to own dealerships so I'm pretty familiar with how the business works.
  • xueyanyanxueyanyan Posts: 6
    edited April 2012
    People spent 5 hours probably researching all kinds of options or warranties recommended by dealer. If you do your homework and know exactly what you want at what price, you could get the deal in half hour. They will close the deal once they know what you believe.

I saw many deals that are $500 below invoice here. There must be some other incentives behind it. I got the deal because I agreed to drive home the car on the same day. There is an incentive to reduce its time in the parking lot.
  • That seems about in-line with what I got. Ended up with a CR-V LX FWD for about $22,850 OTD in Maryland, which included splash guards (and wheel locks, though, dude, steel wheels). The difference is that it literally took me a month to negotiate this amongst twelve dealerships, and I eventually got the best price on March 31.

Body 20,250
    Dest. 810
    TTL 299
    Processing 199
    Tax (6%) 1293

Total 22,851
  • mkjamesmkjames Posts: 3
    I'm also from Florida. Can you give me the name of the dealership?
    Actually your deal looks to be more realistic plus it's a FWD vs AWD. Very close to invoice, maybe a little below and your worked hard to get it. $1,000 below invoice as articulated by the previous poster just seems like quite a stretch.