Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sparklandsparkland Posts: 108
    Your best pricing as of today will be the RAV 4 because Toyota has a redesigned model coming in the fall. Honda already had the big change for the CRV last fall. Expect to get $2000-3000 off of a RAV4.
  • Got a great deal on my 2012 CRV EX and am loving how comfortable this crossover vehicle is. This is my 2nd tank of fuel and am averaging 28.8 mpg with mixed driving(50% city/50% highway). Drive is smooth and quiet. Love the standard sunroof on EX models. More power faster than Mazda's 'zoom-zoom' CX5 that takes almost a full second longer in 0-60 times. Changeable back up cam positions are awesome and make it easy when parking. Was able to get a lifetime warranty on the engine/powertrain so hopefully I'll be keeping this vehicle for a very long time.
  • reynoareynoa Posts: 2
    Just was quoted $21,395. Is this a good price.?
  • contactnycontactny Posts: 7
    How much did you pay OTD, everything included?
  • reynoareynoa Posts: 2
    It should be about 23,662 otd.
  • dgissel_98dgissel_98 Posts: 16
    wondering whats a good price? live in chicagoland area, got a quote 21,911 includes dest.
    what do you think? also should i lease or buy?
  • rth121rth121 Posts: 4
    What would be a good price to pay OTD for a 2012 Honda CR-V EX AWD in Northern California (preferably Bay Area)? Had a hard time arguing with one of the dealer lowering the MSRP price.
  • Checked the true value and invoice price for honda crv LX 4wd .. and they give invoice price + destination = $23,133.

Your price of $21,911 is I believe more than $1,100 below the invoice price itself.
    I find it great man.

Enjpy your purchae.
  • Be sure to ask for the dealer's best DRIVE OUT price and let them know that you'd like a detailed DRIVE OUT price. I say this because some dealerships include "add ons" in your price whether you want them or not. When you see the detail, you'll know exactly what your price includes.
    Good luck!
  • cboothe70cboothe70 Posts: 3
    Just picked up a new 2012 CRV LX 2WD from Lucas Honda in Jacksonville, FL. Absolute best car buying experience I've ever had. I originally went through Truecar to see what the price would be in my area. I got a quote from Lucas and another local dealer that didn't look too bad. I also initiated a dialogue with the Costco buying program. Of course I got tons of calls and e-mails the next day. Here's the cool part, Lucas quoted me a better price via e-mail than I was given via truecar. I got the CRV with mud guards, door edge guard trim, side body molding, mats, and cargo tray for $20,912.57. Out the door with a tag transfer would have been $23,369.03 but mine was a couple hundred more due to needing a new tag. All dialogue was via e-mail up until scheduling pickup. I had pre-arranged my financing with PenFed at 1.99% for 60 months. They beat it with 1.89% for 60 months. When I went to pickup the CRV, I was in and out in about 1 hour. Just a great experience. I dealt with their internet salesman. You can find him on their webpage as his name and contact info is not allowed here. I wholeheartedly recommend contacting him if you want a great deal on a Honda in Jacksonville, FL. I got exactly what I wanted at a better than expected price and am totally pleased!

Chris
  • rth121rth121 Posts: 4
    Replying to myself, made some internet eprice/quotes and best I was able to get for a 2012 Honda CR-V EX AWD was around $27,700 OTD. Northern California.

Asking price: $25,491 + tax.

Anyone think any Honda dealer would do $26,500-$27,000 OTD?
  • steph1122steph1122 Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy the 2WD 2012 EX-L version of the CR-V in Texas. My sales tax rate is 7% where I live and was wondering what would be considered a good OTD price for this car? I have gotten quotes for OTD for around @ 29K. I think I can do better, but wanted to make sure I wasn't just being hopeful. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • lapepperlapepper Posts: 3
    Chris, does the price of $20,912.57 include destination fee? If yes, I would like to buy one too. :)
    That price included the destination fee.

Chris
    thanks! WOW, great deal. It's even worth to drive there from New Orleans. :)))
  • kmoran1kmoran1 Posts: 1
    Chris, would you share the name of the dealership? Thanks!
    Lucas Honda on Blanding. See post 11247 for details.

Chris
  • ksayersksayers Posts: 59
    Check truecar.com for pricing
  • euonymuseuonymus Posts: 1
    options:
    body side molding
    rear back up sensors

OTD $27,843 Does anyone know if this great, good, or average deal?
  • deedeecdeedeec Posts: 3
    I am in the middle of negotiations on a CR-V ELX with Nav. Are you saying you paid 27,483 OTD and this vehicle has TV but not Nav, right? This dealer so far does not want to budge at over $29,000 and that is not including taxes, title. I'm figuring we should be able to get it for $28,200.
    I am in Citrus County Florida and have been negotiating on a Honda CRV-EXL with Nav. I don't want to pay more than $28,200 plus taxes and title. As of now they want $29,800 and would not budge so we walked. There is possibly a trade in involved which they have agreed to pay a fair price on, $1,000 below what Edmuns.com, Kelly Blue Book and one other site gave as a trade in price. Any thoughts from someone that has purchased this same vehicle and what price did you pay?
  • jan2012jan2012 Posts: 2
    Not sure where you're located but I'm in central CT and just received an email from a dealership offering the 2012 CRV AWD EX-L w/RES for $26,800 before tax, title etc. The name of the dealership is Schaller Honda and is located in New Britain, CT. Hope this helps with negotiating a price in your area.
  • meridagalmeridagal Posts: 2
    Before I sign on the dotted line, I want to find out if y'all think this is a good deal. 2012 CR-V LX 2wd for $24,775 - OTD. This includes the dealer adding after market leather. I don't care about sunroof and the rest of the bells and whistles, but I wanted leather. They will also give me $3K for my 2003 maxima with 197K, so after trade I will be paying $21,775 OTD. How much more do you think I can get off the OTD price of $24,775 before factoring in my trade?

I'm in Houston, TX
  • 2012crv2012crv Posts: 4
    In Mass, CRV AWD EX-L w/NAV quoted/purchased $27,800 including dest + $299 doc fee, before introduced trade. Not exact same vehicle but close enough to +/- option differences.
  • 2012crv2012crv Posts: 4
    You sure that includes destination charge ?
  • xicanoxicano Posts: 8
    Just bought a CRV EX OTD for 26750. Good deal?
  • jimdrewjimdrew Posts: 84
    Best I could do was $27700.00 OTD with CRV EXL with NAV. Decided to chqange directions and get the V6 Camry SE for the same price....wanted the V6 power....so that sounds like a super deal..
    edited May 2012
    I just got my CRV LX, silver/gray. I first wanted to follow Chris and buy from Jacksonville, FL, but hubby was against the idea, so we bought it from Baton Rouge Team Honda, an hour away from New Orleans (Couldn't get any decent offer from local). The price is $20905+ destination, tax, tag/license = $23816 OTD plus a cargo tray and chrome tip. Very nice service. They have quite some in stock.
  • meridagalmeridagal Posts: 2
    I'm in TX, too. We just bought our 2012 CRV EX-L 2WD (NO NAVI/RES) for $28,488.23 OTD, but we had a trade, and they actually gave us $1K more than the KBB value, so it was more like $27,488 OTD. Good luck!
    Thanks for your input! I did end up purchasing just what I wanted for the price I wanted. After dealing with Love Honda 1st, then Honda of Ocala (anyone looking in Ocala please don't use this dealer) we purchased from Ocean Honda in Port Richey, Florida. What a fast and easy transaction. Sounds like you got a very nice deal on yours.