Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks for your reply. I got a couple more questions:

What would be an average OTD for CRV EX-L in NJ?

I am confused whether to go for CR-V EX-L or Acura RDX. What do you suggest?
  • bob529bob529 Posts: 4
    Yellowtim, could you please give me the name of the dealer where you bought your car as I would like to do the same deal.
  • kerri317kerri317 Posts: 2
    I am buying in western ny.
  • I got it from Breakaway Honda in Greenville, SC.
  • flicker25flicker25 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    I called several dealers in central Pa. to price an EX AWD. After two phone calls, Faulkner Honda in Harrisburg gave $24,675 price (destination charge included) for EX model with Bridgestone tires, floor mats, wheel locks, very clean, ready to go. Doc fee $115.00--no prep fees or tire taxes. Dealer gave $750 more for 2003 Toyota Matrix trade-in than Toyota dealer did. Dealer-specific freebies included waiver of first-year deductible if vehicle needs collision repair (and if vehicle repaired at dealer).
    Very professional staff. Heather and Andy were excellent salespersons, Steve an excellent warranty/finance/documents person who went over everything clearly and fairly. Would buy from these folks again. We saw no prevarication or underhandedness while we were there.
    Note that this deal was made late in day on Feb. 28th--last two hours of last day of Presidents' Day sale. Staffers may have been working on final monthly bonus quotas. While we were there five other Hondas sold in the space of two hours.
  • May be Acura RDX is not a bad option . I was in the same boat but bought a CR-V 2013 EX-L .Witn a 100 dollars more per month I could have bought the Acura .
    My OTD price was -- 31, 500 .
    Looks like I paid more than others .

Thoughts
  • Sorry ,

Let me correct the numbers -- 30,500 instead of 31,500 .
    But still , looks like a lot more .I don't know how others have paid less.

Thanks
  • kameelkameel Posts: 6
    Hello everyone. Would you guys purchase the extended warranty? I bought my honda CRV EX AWD Feb 27 and have not purchased the extended warranty. What do you guys think?
    Thanks yellowtim
  • You are welcome.
    My suggestion is to wait nearly end of the month (end of 1st quarter), and then to negotiate with the sales. It's because of my friends told me that dealer is very hard to deal.
    Good luck.
  • Hi fellow Marylander,

$26650 OTD; what a great deal! Do you mind sharing the breakdown of all of the components of your purchase:

Sale price of Vehicle
    options/ accessories
    destination charge
    doc fee's
    sales tax on above amount// your states tax rate
    dmv fee's

Thanks in advance.
  • After going back and forth with many dealers, here is our best offer so far:

ePrice: $25,580.00
    Destination: $830.00
    Wheel Locks: $75.00 dealer installed option
    Splash Guards: $150.00
    Body side molding: $286.00 installed
    Dealer Proc Fee: $199.00
    MD Tax 6%: $1,627.20
    MD New 2yr Tags: $273.00

Total OTD: $29,020.20

We wanted the body side molding but not the wheel locks and splash guards.

I would appreciate some feedback on this offer. One of the offers from the other dealers was at least $1000 higher. Is there any realistic chance of getting to $28,000 OTD?

Thanks in advance.
  • Was this for the CRV AWD EX or the EX-L? Thanks.
  • For the EX, not the EX L. Cloth seats, no nav.
  • shaliashalia Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I bought my CRV EX-L w/Navi for 29450 OTD in Atlanta Ga at Gwinnett Place Honda Feb 28,2013. I got the appearance package with the wheel locks, mud flaps, and clear molding on the door. I'm not sure if I got a good deal. I used PenFed car buying service and little more haggling. I now need an extended warranty. I'm trying to get atleast 84 months/120,000 mile warranty. Please let me know... need to buy soon. Brian I read all your posts!!!
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,204
    Shalia,
    I'm glad i helped you. i would post in the Honda Accord price paid forum there are 2 dealers that will sell you a honda warranty cheaper than the rest. just ask in that forum. you could buy this over the phone with a credit card. i never buy the warranty.. there are several people who will guide you to the best price and name of dealership.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

edited March 2013
    If my figures are right Invoice w/ dest charge is...27,860.
    dealer selling at 25,580 plus dest of 830.........= 26, 410.
    1450 below invoice price. looks like a VERY good deal.
    if you go to college honda parts your invoice price on acessories are.
    Splash guards=69.60
    Wheel lock......=36.60
    body side molding=162

BUY CAR FROM DEALER AND INSTALL PARTS YOUR SELF OR TAKE DEAL.
    I WOULD TELL DEALER YOU BUY IF HE GIVES YOU WHEEL LOCKS FOR COST.

• Brian,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Whenever I go to a new forum I always look for a prolific and trusted poster and you are the man here.

David
  • razer51razer51 Posts: 1
    Just thought I'd share, I just purchased a 2013 CR-V as my first new car purchase I've ever done. We looked and test drove a few but really like the CR-V the best. Was not sure we'd really purchase (lease) a brand new car, but the dealer was great and the deal seemed good to me anyway so I'm the proud new owner.

We leased a 2013 CR-V EX in Black with a negotiated price of $24,800 and I added my accessories which were, cargo tray, all weather floor mats, splash guards, and rear spoiler for a total of $563 more. Not sure how good of a deal I got, but I feel good about it which is what counts I suppose. Car had two miles on it, 4 at time of driving off after getting a full tank of gas.

I wish for a few more tech features as I'm an IT guy, and I'd like better headlights and a better stereo, but none of those was enough to keep me away. We currently plan to purchase the car at the end of the lease. Our second favorite after looking at several brands and vehicle types was actually the Accord Sport, but no sunroof was a deal killer there. Sunroof (moonroof) is a requirement for any vehicle we get so CR-V won out.
    Dave
    What is the name of the Dealership? Good luck

• Hi,

I am planning to get the EX-L w/Nav in a week or two. What is a good OTD price in NJ that I can expect.
  • dghtrfgddghtrfgd Posts: 30
    I'm also looking for a 2013 EX-L -- but without Nav!
    Any idea what a good OTD price in NY/NJ would be? I was given a quote of $30,723, but that seems like a lot more than posts on here.
  • Which dealership gave you that deal. To me, its on a higher side.
  • dghtrfgddghtrfgd Posts: 30
    Bayridge auto gave me that quote. Plaza Automall actually gave me a quote that was $500 higher. But maybe they just saw a girl averse to negotiation walk through the doors and thought why not fleece her?
  • Hello -- I'd be grateful for any immediate thoughts on this offer, which I received yesterday (in writing) from a Honda dealer in Northern Virginia:

2013 Honda CR-V EX 2WD

"Sale price" - $22,109.00
    "VA taxes" - $761.85 (Note - I've asked for clarity on how this was calculated, as it's clearly more than VA's 3 percent car sales tax)
    2 Year VA tags - $103.50
    Doc fee - $499.00
    Destination - $830
    "Appearance pkg" - $595.00

Total OTD - $24, 898.35

I will be paying cash, but the dealer doesn't know that yet.

Thanks very much!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,206
    Every time I've seen VA taxes, the rate is somewhere around 3.17%.. Maybe, some sort of "special" tax on vehicles?

Not sure, but it's pretty consistent.... and, I get to read a lot of posts about car purchases... ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• tom516tom516 Posts: 5
    Hi,

I got following quote for the Honda CRV EX AWD.
    Selling price - $25,419
    Doc Fees - $109
    License Fee- $200
    Total Fees - $245
    Tax- (DE) $956

Total - $26,729

Appreciate thoughts on this quote. Do I need to consider any other cost?
  • Hi Brian125 - Is this price for the EX-L AWD or EX-L AWD w/ Nav?

I am getting a quote of 27800 + destination + all other fees for the EX-L w/ Nav. Is this a good deal or should I further negotiate.
    If your deal is for a exl awd w/nav your price quote is 634 below invoice. Add the dealers doc fee's to that price and thats how much below invoice dealers is really selling you this CRV...

Try to negioate a lower sale price. If dealer wont remove doc fee's add doc's to sale price of vehicle. that would be a good deal.

Not 634 below invoice then paying dealers doc fee's of $299 plus.

Keep on shopping and getting quotes from as many dealers in your area.
    Buy the CRV the last day of March. You will make your best deal on that day.

gr8fuldave,
    If you can buy the 2wd EX L for: ePrice: $25,580.00
    Destination: $830.00
    Dealer Proc Fee: $199.00
    OTD Price as above: $26,609.00 please post the dealer name as I am looking to get a cash deal like that.