Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I provided my opinion based on experience here at this message: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef11a94/12226#MSG12226.

Similar to you unfortunately, there are none to be found on the lots in my region.
  • ronsteveronsteve Posts: 435
    breakdown:

-. price 22456.02
    -. license fee: 42.75
    -. dealer's business license tax: 39.00
    -. title fee: 39.00
    -. va tax: 688.23
    -. processing fee: 485.00

-. rebate: -750
    ------
    total = 23000

Apples to apples (so others can compare it) we're talking
    22456.02 + 485 - 750 = 22191.02

Invoice is 23414 less ~480 holdback, so I'm guessing that 750 "rebate" is a super secret Honda incentive and the dealer's "profit" is whatever his bonus is.
  • gosziegoszie Posts: 2
    I was wondering what Northern Virginia dealership you got this price from.We went to Pohanka in stafford and the lowest was $23369 plus all the fees.
  • sarayalesarayale Posts: 15
    That seems like a great deal! Any tips on how to get the dealers to agree to that price? Did you finance the car and do you think that rebate money came from financing?
  • iwannagr8leaseiwannagr8lease Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    Looks like we can add the dealer's business license tax: 39.00 to the processing fee: 485.00 = 524 dealer/doc fees

GREAT "apples-to-apples" post!
    Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!

"breakdown:
    -. price 22456.02
    -. license fee: 42.75
    -. dealer's business license tax: 39.00
    -. title fee: 39.00
    -. va tax: 688.23
    -. processing fee: 485.00

-. rebate: -750
    ------
    total = 23000

Apples to apples (so others can compare it) we're talking
    22456.02 + 485 - 750 = 22191.02

Invoice is 23414 less ~480 holdback, so I'm guessing that 750 "rebate" is a super secret Honda incentive and the dealer's "profit" is whatever his bonus is."
    A dealer also just mentioned the $750 flexcash/rebate to me here in NJ so I think it is likely that that is the figure. I would recommend financing (if you have good credit and can), even if you pay off the car in full immediately (make sure your terms have non prepayment penalty). This way the dealer gets his rebate and we get a much better price.

Also, with the financing of .9, it makes sense to take the money you would have put towards the car and make a payment on a higher interest loan you have out there, like a mortgage or another car loan. Thats what we are doing, paying down a mortgage instead and financing the car. Our original plan was to pay for the car in cash, but this seems to make more financial sense.
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 189
    Dealer's business license tax, now that is a unique technique for the dealer to increase its profit. Considering this unique fee along with a hefty documentation fee, this might be one dealer to avoid.
  • 115david115david Posts: 7
    Could any one let me know the price for Honda Accord LX in Maryland? Thank you.
  • I realize there's Honda's Really Big Spring Event going on, but if you walk into a dealership, they will openly insist there's zero cash back incentive for new CRV purchases.

That said, why not wait until the novelty wears off? What's so special about April?
  • 2013 CRV EX AWD for $24,400 before tax, titles, doc fees.

Includes tint and one coating of paint protection.

Is this a good price?
  • jjddzzjjddzz Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    Hi,

I am in New York, I plan to take bus to Boston area, buying from the Weymouthhonda dealer recommended in this forum. I found their price is much lower than what I got in NY/NJ area.

What I got is:
    Honda CR-V, AWD EX standard option
    Sale price: 24,564.25 (including $830 destination fee)
    Documentation fee: $239

I will pay tax and registration fee at New York, get my license plate, and bring to the dealer when I get the car. I need to pay refundable $500 deposit to finalize the deal.

Do you guys think this is a good deal or not? Thank you very much for your feedback.
  • jjddzzjjddzz Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    At least it is better than what I got:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Honda CR-V, AWD EX standard option
    Sale price: 24,564.25 (including $830 destination fee)
    Documentation fee: $239
    -----------------------------------------------------

Where did you get this quote? Thanks.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,432
    edited April 2013
    jjddz
    looks like Weymouth is selling you the ex model for 815 below invoice.
    what i would suggest is on april 29th i would call several dealerships in your area asking them to match Weymouth honda price for the sale that day. If no dealers are comming close to that offer call boston dealer on the 30th and give him a 500 refundable deposit for CRV.

Friendly
    New Rochelle
    Yonkers
    Bayridge
    are just a few to contact on the 29th.
    Stick with calling the NY dealerships there doc fee's are only 75 dollars..

Here is how i breakdown your deal from Weymouth
    Selling price...24,564
    below Invoice....815
    minus doc fee's.239
    total................576 below invoice
    round trip from boston = 12 hr day
    gas ,,,tolls,,,,,food.........100== 476 below invoice

if you could get at worst case any local dealer to sell you this car for 575 below invoice your way ahead of the game without all that time travel etc..

I bought the Accord in Feb and i to was going to Weymouth but on the last day of that month i found 3 deals comparing to Weymouth.

good luck way all your factors first.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• ghorner1ghorner1 Posts: 2
    I have a pending offer of $26,600 (includes destination) for a 2013 EX L AWD. Less Nav and DVD. Does NOT include Tax/Title/Doc. Also includes splash guards (~$199) and body molding (~$250).

Can anyone confirm that this is a descent price before I close the deal.

Thanks in advance, Greg
  • iwannagr8leaseiwannagr8lease Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    Hey Greg,

Can help you out with the add-ons as they're already part of my interest: priced molding & guards at 158+58+shipping online (nominal DIY... sites give links to Honda's pdf install manuals) Guards are simple, molding a little more involved but straightforward.

As far as price: read some of the past month or two of posts. Find the invoice online, figure out where you are relative to invoice (+ or -) and then post the number back here.
  • ph23manph23man Posts: 1
    Hi all, Honda just announced a recall on the 2012 and 2013 CR-V's and I was wondering if this has any affect on prices? Can this be used to negotiate a lower price than usual?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,432
    edited April 2013
    NO

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

So, just wanted to post my deal. I am picking up the car on Friday, so I will try to remember to confirm the details of the transaction here.

Price of the car including destination: $22,286
    Document fee $214
    That got me to my desired price of $22,500 total cost from the dealer set prices.
    Add taxes at NJ 7% and title/tire fees somewhere around $300 and my out the door price including everything is $24,377.12

What do you guys think? The dealer is very local to me (about 20 minutes away) so that was also worth something. It is Coast Honda in Wall and I dealt with Chris, who was pretty straightforward and easy to deal with over the phone.

I am financing and that may have helped to get this price.
    Also, they had to bring in the car from another dealership (my girls wanted white) and they still gave me the price.
  • sandyk62sandyk62 Posts: 2
    How good is this price in the DC metro area?

2013 CRV EX AWD
    23590 incl destination fee + processing fee (MD 200) + tags + tax
  • yhoyho Posts: 4
    can you tell me which dealer? I am in DC area, i am also looking for CRV EX AWD
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,019
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Sorry Coast Honda is in Sea Girt, NJ not Wall as previously posted.
  • sandyk62sandyk62 Posts: 2
    Ourisman Honda in Bethesda offered April price of 23590 not incl. dest. fee in their response to my quote request. They then agreed to split half with me. College Park Honda agreed to drop all of the dest. fee. Before this, I obtained cost through Costco Auto Program. That was $100 under invoice and did include dest. fee. My deal better.
  • I waited until the end of the month, as suggested here and I received these two quotes from a dealer in NC.

2013 EXL 2WD without Nav

$24, 500
    add 3% tax
    freight
    doc
    assessories, mudguards and a few other things

Final price $27, 640 OTD

She also quoted:

2013 EXL 2WD with Nav
    $25, 965 selling price + tax and the other items listed above

Final Price $29 086 OTD

Are these quotes in the ballpark??
  • nc_carfindernc_carfinder Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    Here are the dealer invoice prices on the above vehicles.

EXL 2wd $25860
    EXL with Navi 2wd $27264

Doc fees $600
  • > What's so special about April?

april showers brings may flowers
  • amk116amk116 Posts: 3
    I finally pulled the trigger on a 2013 CR-V LX AWD after a few days of negotiation via Email and phone with a few dealers. I purchased it from College Park Honda, MD. Here is my breakup:

+22,840 sale price incl. destn.
    -500 discount since we financed with AFHC
    +199 dealer process fee
    + 91 Tags/title (to be registered in PA)
    + 1370 (6% PA Sales Tax)

Total OTD Price = 24,000

The transaction was not as smooth as we expected since they did not have the color we wanted (Mountain Air Metallic) even though they promised us that they have it on their lot. We had to compromise and get the Twilight Blue.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their help. Car buying is not fun. Thank God we only have to do it once every few years.
    Just a quick follow up. I did indeed get my CRV LX AWD from Coast Honda in Sea Girt NJ. I must say it was the best car buying experience I ever had. The car was there in the color promised, the price was what we had agreed to on the phone, and there was no high pressure at all for add ons. I had an appt and we got through the whole process in around 25 minutes. Super nice people. I dealt with Chris. If you are near NJ, I highly recommend this dealership, but make sure to call Chris because I do not know about how the other salesmen are. Chris is the internet manager. P.S. He is a strong republican, probably won't hurt your negotiating if you drop a few pro Republican lines. Also, they let me put $4,000 on credit card. If you have good credit, sign up for a card that has a big bonus offer, meet the minimum spend with the deposit for the car. Those points can be worth up to $500 in gift cards and travel. Great savings right there.
  • bryanl1bryanl1 Posts: 3
    Your's is the best one i've seen so far for the LX.

I'm guessing they applied 500/750 flex cash for financing your car.

Even then 24k OTD seems like a solid deal.
  • bryanl1bryanl1 Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Your doc fee seems low compared to other dealers :) Will need to work on negotiating it when I purchase

Oh I also shot an email over to Chris as a backup plan.