Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jduerbuschjduerbusch Posts: 9
    Hi I just bought a new CRV EXL AWD on Tuesday, May 28, 2013.
    Seem like a good deal. This is for the car only, no taxes, titles or dealer add-on's:

Your Desired Vehicle Request:

2013 Honda CR-V EXL AWD MSRP $29,625
    Internet e-Price is $26,367**.

An administrative fee of $199 will be applied to the final selling price (this is standard in the industry and all dealerships charge this fee).

We have no hidden fees!

*With approved credit. Not all buyers will qualify. **The price shown does not reflect any upgrades or options that may have been added to the vehicle. The destination charge is included in the price quote.

Honda is also offering an extra $500 off the above price if you currently have one of the following vehicles, 2003 or newer, in your household: Honda, Acura, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, Ford, Chevy, Subaru, Jeep, Kia, VW, or Saturn!

So I paid $25867 out the door with .09% for 48 Months.

Joe K0BX
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 212
    An administrative fee is not standard in the industry and not all dealers charge such a fee. This is simply an increase to the selling price which the dealer is attempting a bit of deception by calling it a fee. The word fee is intended to give it a bit of authority. Many people associate the word fee with a legal cost.

The fact is the dealer must include the fee on all contracts or be subject to discrimination. However, that does not mean all buyers actually pay the fee.

For example, I just bought a new vehicle and the dealer hit me with a $500 fee. I told them I would only buy the vehicle if they reduced the price by $500 to compensate for the fee.

Really, how many dealers will let a deal walk over such fees. Interestingly, another buyer was sitting at the next table and also achieved a price reduction to compensate for the fee.
  • njp2smommynjp2smommy Posts: 1
    Hi, this is a great price. Did anyone ever find out what dealership this was? Looking to buy a crv this week and am trying to see how low I can get the dealer to go. Thanks!
  • 2013 EX-L AWD

Sale Price: $26,937.00
    Dest: $830.00
    Doc Fee Plus ERT: 189.30
    Tax @ 7%: $1,919.14
    Plate Xfer: $120.00
    Flex: - $500.00
    Incentive: -$500.00
    OTD: $28,455.44

Had to get 0.9% for 60 months to get Flex cash.

90 minutes in dealership total.
  • steverajsteveraj Posts: 9
    Tru Car pricing (least available ) is 23,109 How you got that price? what is the zip code? and which dealer.

Thanks
  • ayayayyayayayy Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Got a 2013 CRV EX 2WD on may 25 via costco auto buying program:

dealer wanted $23548 for car, haggled it down to $100 lower :P
    final $23448 plus tax ( I think this is lower than costco's)
    91791 zip area.
    moonroof, alloy wheels, alarm standard. and $50 costco voucher good for accessories
    at dealership.

THANKS GUYS and I hope this was a good deal
  • May I ask what dealership you purchased CR-V EXL AWD 2013? I live in New York and I will use your OTD price as a bench mark. thanks for your help.
  • glv2glv2 Posts: 7
    I am looking to buy my wife a CRV EX in Northeast Ohio within the next month or so. She is interested in the AWD because she wanted a Subaru. What is a good OTD price before tax? Also is the CRV’s AWD recommended over the 2WD. We do have a fair amount of inclement weather in this area?
  • neubiecrvneubiecrv Posts: 3
    Hello,
    Just for reference, I purchased a 2012 CR-V EX AWD back in August of 2012.
    My OTD price with taxes was $27,200.00. I could have gotten it for $150 less at another dealership somewhat close to home but I chose to purchase from dealership in area of workplace in Bethesda, MD (expensive area to rent and buy homes). Which was the same dealership the 1995 FWD Accord, which I still drive primarily, was purchased. After adding the fabric protectant and paint protectant and addl warranty to the CR-V price, I ended up paying $28,600. I'm not into yelling and screaming or sleeping on their showroom floor but I have to admit that's what would have had to happen in order to get out if there without purchasing extras, so I caved in to their sales tactics. They weren't giving me the keys until I bought something to add to the OTD price. I do perfectly okay with my FWD Accord in the DC MD area even with the ice storms. I just kept the gears in 2nd or even 1st on one occasion going up a steep hill with a small pickup truck sliding toward me from ahead. I was able to stay out of his way and slowly inch up the icy hill. So, as long as you don't try to be superman and do your best to stay off the roads in those conditions anyway, a FWD is fine but I happen to work for 'Type A workaholics with no common sense. Also, I don't know if the FWD CR-V has the backup camera which I absolutely love on the AWD EX CR-V and I feel is worth the money I paid in 'extras'. Do your best to not give in to the fabric protection and added warranty, my thoughts are if it's a Honda why would I need any other warranty? Those cars roll no matter what hits them or happens. (At least in my experience). None of the ones I had left me stranded, they all got me home when there was no way possible that they should have. My former VW, couldn't touch my Honda (other than I was completely unharmed in an accident). Parts are too expensive for an insurance company to want to repair if in an accident, they rather declare it's 'totaled' than repair and risk other issues later. Hondas are very 'insurance friendly'.
  • I have an offer for $27k for CRV EXL OTD, but plus DMV fees. I haven't gone in to sign paperwork yet and am afraid they will pester me to buy a bunch of stuff. Any ideas for how to avoid that? I'm a single mom and don't have the time or money to deal with haggling any further. I got my quote via email.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,204
    Bring in email quote and make dealership honor there price or walk out.

Say no to anything else in back office.. NO NO NO never worth buying

People buy hondas for Build ,Quality, and Resale value. Dont throw away your money on warranties and all that B.S. sold in back offices.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• sunnysunnysidesunnysunnyside Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Yes, I am not going to buy any other warranties, etc. I don't want any extras at all. I'm just afraid they are going to get me in there and not give me the keys and I'll have a whining miserable 2 year old and a lot of wasted time. I am dreading it.

Oh thank you too, for your feedback!
  • muthunmuthun Posts: 1
    This is a very good deal. May i know, at Which place you got this vehicle.
  • Ok, deal complete today. - $27135. Honda CRV EXL, with wheel locks, mud guards, and door guards. Paid DMV fees on top of that. No tax in Oregon.
  • gbaumangbauman Posts: 9
    Just received a quote from a nearby dealer for OTD pricing of $28,996 for EX-L with Navi. I know we should be discussing prices of car + destination + fees but this sales rep sent an OTD unsolicited. It seemed to me too good to be real but when I questioned him he said he is giving me $750 flex cash. He listed the price as $27,600 + f+t&t+a+p and came up as $28,996 OTD after the flex cash. Taxes in Maryland are 6% and DMV costs are $344. Any thoughts on this deal?
  • karhill1karhill1 Posts: 111
    A good way to quickly quiet the F&I person regarding their extended push to get you to buy an extended warranty or service contract is to say you only intend to keep the vehicle for three years, essentially the length of the OEM actual warranty. That calms the wind of their sales pitch and causes them to become somewhat speechless. Works every time.
  • wfudeaconwfudeacon Posts: 1
    I bought a new CRV EX AWD about 3 weeks ago at Duncan's Hokie Honda in Christiansburg, VA. I live in Roanoke and it was worth the drive. They had some dealer cash thing or something but I got the car for $23,800. They gave me $1,800 for my 2001 Toyota Corolla and I put $2,000 down. After taxes, fees, etc... I financed about $20,600 for 60 months at 0.9%. I think I got a great deal judging from everything I've seen online.
  • puffpuffpuffpuff Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I called about 5 Honda dealerships in metro Atlanta. I asked specifically for the drive out price -- tax, dealer, tag, title, registration, et al included. I wanted the final price. I was given quotes between $27,000 and $28,000.

For reference, in Georgia the mandatory fees for the CRV EX AWD are:

Tax $1685.13
    Registration $20
    Title $18
    State Fee $3
    Electronic Filing $79
    ----------------------------------
    Total $1805.13

All dealerships seemed to have non negotiable administrative fees between $500 and $700. That cost is pure padded profit for them.

Gwinnett Honda was difficult to get a hold of. I was not able to talk to someone about this.

Voyles Honda quoted $27,615.81 drive out. Price and destination is $25,212.68 of that amount. $598 for dealer fee.

AutoNation quoted $27,055.13 drive out. Price and destination is $24,630. $699 for dealer fee. No electronic filing fee?

Nalley Honda quoted $26,978 drive out, provided that I finance. I was not given the price or dealer fees.

Curry Honda said they beat the lowest so I went with them. After going through credit approval, paperwork, and such, the drive out price was $27,079.13, which was higher than both Nalley and AutoNation. I couldn't get the price lowered. As my spouse and I were more tired than miffed, we just paid it. After all, it was $101.13 more than the lowest at 0.9% over 60 months. Come to think about it, our payment is $1.73/month higher.

No matter what, we got a good deal and a fair price, around invoice.
    Price plus destination = $24,687
    Price, destination, dealer fee = $25,274
    Total drive out cost = $27, 079.13
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 212
    All so-called fees such as administration, documentation, or service fees, are absolutely negotiable. They are part of the price. the only things in a car deal which cannot be negotiated are the Government fees and taxes.

Dealers learned a while ago using administrative and documentation fees allows them to advertise and provide artificially low prices to prospective sales leads. They do this to entice people to visit their showrooms knowing they will likelly be able to make additional profit from folks who don't really understand those junk fees.

The use of the term fees is intentional. That word implies some legality to the costs. The word fee makes it sound official. Yes, car dealers are very devious.

What is true is dealers usually must show on their sales contract the fees for every customer. The reason being if they do not they are subject to being sued by folks who allege discrimination.

The way around this is simple. Negotiate a price and then have the dealer reduce that price to compensate for the documentation fee. Or consider the fees in the price you negotiate.

I recently bought a vehicle. Negotiated the price and the trade value. Then discussed the dealer documentation fee, which was $600. An absolutely silly amount which I was not going to pay. After not much discussion, the dealer reduced the price by $300 and increased the trade by $200.

If a dealer will not adjust the price for these fees, customers should use their best negotiation tool, their feet. Stand up, say thanks, and walk away. Most likely the dealer will call you back as not many will let a legitimate deal walk away over these fees. At worst, almost all dealers will make at least a partial adjustment to the price.

If the dealer won't budge, there is always another dealer willing an able to meet your requirements.

Always good to remember the dealer needs you. You do not need the dealer. Dealers will almost always try to get a customer to spend hours working the deal. Dealers know if they succeed the customer will likely get tired and miffed. Tired people are more likely to cave and just pay it, whatever it may be.

Never good to simply sit for hours in the office of a car dealer. If the sales person gets up and walks away. The customer should get up and walk around. The customer should always display an unconcerned attitude. An attitude which conveys to the sales person buying a car that day is really not a high prioity. Once the sales person recognizes the customer is emotionally attached to the vehicle, the advantage shifts to the sales person.
  • heisindcheisindc Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2013 EX AWD (we wanted cloth seats) with appearance package (they didn't charge us for it), OTD for $25.4k

Base price was 23, then you add taxes (700), dest fee (830), and other fees for the 25.4k with Honda 0.9% financing

Landmark Honda, Alexandria, VA
  • gbaumangbauman Posts: 9
    Just bought today. As much as I was expecting to wait till the end of the month I believe I got a fantastic deal. Not really sure how I got this as I have not seen this low anywhere. Sent around to several dealers asking for OTD price. Took the lowest one from a questionable dealer and asked the dealer closest to my home if he would match it. He agreed. I expected to have add-ons once at the dealer but no one even tried to add to the price. Very impressed with the customer service at Northwest Honda in Owings Mills, MD. Ask for James.
    So here's the deal:

Price: 27,318
    Dealer Fee: 199
    Loyalty discounts: - 1,000
    Total: 26,517

Plus Title/Tags (280) + MD taxes @ 6% (1651) OTD 28,449 Had to use Honda financing at 0.9% but can't get much lower than that. Seems like now is a nice time to buy.
  • Upper westchester NY

Price 27860
    Loyalty credit and flex rebate -700

Tax 2263.63
    Title license 191.50
    Dealer doc fee 75
    Waste tire fee 12.50

OTD price 29511.13

We told the dealer we wanted to pay 29,500 OTD. They came in a few bucks over but we were okay with that considering how great of an interest rate they got us from Honda.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 8,011
    is this a 2WD or 4WD CRV?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 8,011
    WOW! That's a fantastic deal! According to edmunds, invoice for your CRV EXL w/ Nav 4WD is $29,264.00. You bought the car for over $2,700 below invoice. Home Run! Very well done!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• lippy326lippy326 Posts: 2
    Hello,
    My husband and I just bought a 2013 CR-V EX. It was in the showroom and they added in a bunch of great features....

-added Heated and Leather seats!
    -Remote car starter
    -Body trim decal kit (really nice looking!)
    -Rear cargo tray- added in during negotiations w/dealership

We were originally going to buy top of the line ex-l w/navi but decided against it. It just didn't blow us away. So this car had everything we wanted. Only things we are missing out on are power seats, satalite radio and dual climate control. I kind of wanted power seats but will learn to live without it.

Price on the showroom floor was 27,998, Sticker price was 31K. they took 2k off. They also took out the navi for us so take 1,400 roughly off the 28K sticker price. also 26K doesnt include the taxes dealer fees etc.

I would love to hear anyone's opinion if we got a good deal?!?!

Thanks!!
  • lippy326lippy326 Posts: 2
    I forgot also added
    -wood trim to the dash board-
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,204
    edited June 2013
    You could be the judge of your own deal.
    EX model.........Dealers invoice price w/ dest charge is= $25,379.

Most people can get 500 below invoice price which brings us to .......$ 24,879. excluding taxes and dmv fee's.

So you can ask your self if the extra accessories they put in the car was worth the money.
    Remember dealer pays a fraction of the cost you see on the sticker for such items.
    remote start==$ 250
    rear cargo........ $ 60
    leather seats.......$500

These are just some price examples on how cheap certain items are for the dealerships. They do this to thousands of vehicles.

The main thing is you purchased a great SUV with items you like.

Good luck and enjoy your new honda.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• What was your OTD price?
  • I am also from NY. May I ask what dealership you made the purchased.