Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dghtrfgddghtrfgd Posts: 30
    Bayridge Honda (NYC) says they'll get me to 26,500 OTD (before tax and dmv) Going down now. Will see if they try a bait and switch...
    So i got to bayridge and they said that they could get me to 26,500 IF i met either the conquest or college incentive. They then proceeded to enter 27,750 as the TAXABLE cost and deduct 1,250 after the total. So that raised my otd to the same as New Rochelle's offer of 26,700.
    THEN when the guy was writing it up he actually tried to stick in a $762 destination charge. WTH? Why do they try to SWINDLE you? It is so insulting. That really ticks me off, and based on that alone I'm considering the drive to New Rochelle, even though both would come to the same amount otd.
    Or perhaps I should wait for July and try to get an even better deal?
    What do you guys think?
  • zhyuanzhyuan Posts: 13
    edited June 2013
    Sorry to hear that. Do not be bothered. Even if they do not add the destination charge, it is not the best deal you can get. I just bought a 2013 CRV EX-L in boston area. My price is 26250 -1250 incetive = 25000 including destination before tax and documentation fee. I believe your 26500 is also before tax and documentation fee, right?
    Is rochelle honda's 26,700 before incentives or after incentives?
    What is the name of the dealer in MA?
    New Rochelle Honda's 26,700 is after incentives :(...
    Bayridge didnt include the dest charge at the end of the day-- but the mere attempt to include it after ALL the discussion and negotiation was offensive.
    Both Bayridge and New Rochelle get me to about 29,600-29,700 OTD (after tax and dmv).
    I would certainly make the trip up to MA.
    I think the sense that you are getting a good deal and not being insulted is worth emotional currency too.
  • kenmarckenmarc Posts: 16
    $4600 off MSRP? That seems unheard of, around here (Denver) best I've seen is about $3000 off.
    Yes, but please note there is 1250 manufacture incentive in it. So it is 3400 off MSRP before incentive.
  • pdxbuyerpdxbuyer Posts: 1
    I received this quote for an EX-L. Is this worth pulling the trigger on?

$27,029 Base invoice
    +$272 HDAG charge
    +$830 Destination and handling charge
    =$28,131 Invoice Total

Less: ($1250) Loyalty/Flex Cash
    $26,881 Total sale price

This price doesn't include TTL, but seeing that I'm from Oregon, I'll only be paying title and licensing fees.

What are some other tactics to get the dealer to budge on the price? This is the first time I've negotiated for a car so any advice is appreciated!
  • tnathantnathan Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    A friend and i just got home two EX-L fwd in dallas TX. OTD was 53000$ for both.
    Deal was to have financing, pick up only the ones in the inventory no additional free bells and whistles. Could not get the first choice colors that we wanted, but started liking the colors that we got.
    Started the search a month ago with our best offer was 52000. No dealer was even coming close. Autonation Lewisville was very open. they gave the quotes on writing, even when other could potentially match it.
    Very bad experience with David McDavid at both Frisco and Irving.
  • r_sethr_seth Posts: 6
    Been debating between the LX and EX models and got OTD quotes for both:
    LX : $23,700
    EX : $25,700

The out-the-door prices include $750 flex cash, but no conquest or loyalty discounts (as we don't qualify), Maryland sales tax of 6% and Title & Registration. The quote was from Ourisman Honda of Laurel, MD.

Should we wait till July to see better numbers?
    Good prices. I would recommend EX for a long run.
    Can you get lower prices from them?
  • tnathantnathan Posts: 3
    sale price: 25600
    dealer cash: -1000
    tax: 1600
    title: 86
    inspection, inventory tax, road tax, doc fee: 214
    OTD: 26500
  • ljvaljva Posts: 5
    Just purchased 2013 CR-V EX AWD. OTD is $24800 at Northen VA. It should be able to go lower if negotiating hard.
    Honda Cars of Boston in Everett MA came back to me with a quote of 26,939.
    That's higher than I'm getting from dealers here in NY (26,500 before tax and dmv).
    Should I just bite the bullet and get it for 26,500 + tax on 27,750 (which is another 100 over being taxed on only the 26,500)?
  • kisakukukisakuku Posts: 1
    Bought a 2013 CR-V EX FWD today in Fairfield, CA for:
    $23,311.00
    - $750.00 Flex (don't qualify for Loyalty/Conquest)
    + gov't fees $288.35
    + sales tax $2017.47
    + doc fee $80.00
    OTD $24,946.82

Seems like a decent deal, too bad I couldn't get another $500 for Loyalty/Conquest.
    Please note that 26939 includes dealer's documentation fee and it is before any incentives you may qualify.
  • j06j06 Posts: 90
    I was at bayridge but purchased EXL-AWD from a NJ dealer. I did place a deposit for EX in NJ, so thought to buy from the same dealer.

Purchase Price $26,200
    Tax $2,325
    Doc Fee $225
    DMV $250

Total OTD $29,000
    Did you have any incentives applied for your purchase? Enjoy your new CRV.
  • j06j06 Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    Thanks...

Yes ! $750 flex + $500 Honda loyalty....
  • Hate dealing with NYC dealers especially Bkly & Queens.

Could you give me the dealer that cut this deal?

You are talking AWD with Nav, correct?

Thanks much
  • googligoogli Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Just placed a deposit for a CRV EX-L 2WD from a dealer in VA

0.9% for 60 months from Honda

base (incl. dest)- $24,732.95
    NC taxes (3.2%)- $792.25
    doc fee- $398.50
    DMV- $68

OTD $25,991.70
    + $75 to get this specific vehicle (grey) transferred from another dealer t(-_-)t

Total OTD= $26,066.7

edit:- oh, and no loyalty/conquest/military discount for me.
    Flexicash discount, probably yes.
  • xunjiaxunjia Posts: 2
    You got very good price. Can you provide me your quote for me, so I can match your price? what is the name of the San Diego dealer? thanks
  • xunjiaxunjia Posts: 2
    Can you tell me the name of the dealer, salespeople's name , telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information? That was very nice price.
  • ljvaljva Posts: 5
    It is Rosenthal Fairfax Honda at 11020 Main Street, Fairfax, VA 22030. I lost the salesman's card.
  • figgy212figgy212 Posts: 1
    Sale price of car is: 24,285.00 plus 7% sales tax and DMV fees. OTD price 25,985.00 plus DMV fees. Which should be no more then 399.00 total 26,384. Dealer is in NY but live in Jersey, is this a good deal..............
  • Wife and I just came home from Honda of Lisle with our new CR-V
    Only add ons were splash guards and door guards. Said we did not want them, and dealer threw them in. Valued at $700 but another dealer said they are worth a little over $350.

MSRP 29,525
    paid 27,230
    8,000 for trade in
    OTD 20,230

No down payment
    1300 in dealer cash
    Got 60 months @ .9%

We recommend anyone stopping in to see Kabir. Great group over there. No BS, we did our homework, they saw that and did not play the whoa is me card when we asked for more on our trade. Gave us best price in area by $200 for the OTD price.
  • ezbcpaezbcpa Posts: 5
    Purchase price $27,300 less $500 conquest applied to down payment apr .9 for 60 months

Added at no cost - cargo tray, 3 oil changes, 3 car washes, additional full tank of gas.

Hollywood, FL

Hope this helps!
    i ended up at bayridge.
    they gave me the 26,500 including dest charge etc. (27,750- 1250 incentives even though i didnt really qualify for the additional 500 in "conquest")
    Gene at the dealership made it happen.
    I'd been there before and walked out-- and even the last time there was a sales manager who tried to insert a "destination charge" which really ticked me off.
    But Gene won me over and i figured that since Boston Honda in Everett MA didnt want to give me the deal (around 25,500) they offered someone else in this forum (because, they said, i didnt live in the area and therefore wouldnt use them for service) bay ridge was my best bet. New Rochelle and Atlantic Honda (in long island) would have given me similar deals-- but bayridge got my business this time!
    That being said, I would only deal with Gene-- not any of the other salesmen.
    I DID capitulate to the 7 year extended warranty (bumper to bumper) that the finance guy hawked because:
    a) it brought my interest rate down 3 percentage points
    b) i'm a girl, and mechanics see me coming a mile away. (this is an unfortunate but documented fact: women are ripped off in auto shops)
    so, i figured it would give me peace of mind for 7 years (an additonal 4 past the standard 3 yrs) and give me time to actually study and learn about cars (womenautoknow.com) so that i'm better suited to be a strong, knowledgeable and informed advocate in the auto shop!
  • r_sethr_seth Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    Last week (end of June), I called Honda of Ownings Mill, MD (based on good experience that others (from this thread) had and got decent quotes. I decided to make the actual purchase in July in hopes of a better price (since, I was in no rush). However, the quotes I received today when I visited the dealership were way up there !

They stated that that Flex Cash and dealership hold-backs were not available in July and the best they can do (Out-The-Door):
    CRV LX AWD: $ 25,700 (includes 200 processing, 300 Title/Tags/Registration, and 6% MD tax)
    CRV EX AWD: $ 27,500 (includes 200 processing, 300 Title/Tags/Registration, and 6% MD tax)

Has anyone heard similar or were they trying to pull a fast one on me (since, they knew I brought the check-book to make the deal)? These prices are about $1500 more then they quoted over the phone.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,907
    Bayridge is either hit or miss with there pricing. I almost bought my Accord from them in Feb but they wanted me to finance most of the car thru them. I just wanted cash and carry so i went elsewhere.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350